Ninebot One Z10 eWheels.com Demo: NYC-Style

houseofjob

Man the vid of him right around NYC is nuts, he runs stop signs, weaves in and out of traffic, just all around risky driving for not only him but the surrounding cars/pedestrians as well. It's fun watching those vids but people riding like that are what's gonna get EUCs banned. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

I suggest you try ride across a slope (not uphill or downhill, across). And maybe some constant hill climbing if possible. 

I’m getting mine, a production version Z10 in June, but I still think V10F may be a better wheel for most rider.

No real slopes like that here in NYC unfortunately ?

Going up the small bunny hills here in the city is no issue for me on the Z10, just push more pedal. I actually feel it’s stronger than the V10F because I was able get an overcharge/ overcurrent warning pushing too hard on the same hill on the V10F that I currently haven’t been able to get the Z10 to overcharge / overcurrent warning yet.

• Like 2

@Adam Sharkan EUCs are already banned here in NYC technically, but our NYPD (God bless them!) care little about trivial laws like jaywalking and little old PEV stuff, they’d rather be catching terrorists and the like, go figure!? 

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, nte said:

NYC is a different world.

Warning: Explicit Language 

Hide contents

Yeah it is hah, I lived in Brooklyn for years before joining the Air Force. I used to get so annoyed at bicyclists riding like that haha. 

• Like 1

Just now, houseofjob said:

@Adam Sharkan EUCs are already banned here in NYC technically, but our NYPD (God bless them!) care little about trivial laws like jaywalking and little old PEV stuff, they’d rather be catching terrorists and the like, go figure? 

Oh wow didn't know that. Was just there recently and was surprised how many EUC's and E-boards I saw. Thankfully most don't ride that crazy ?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Adam Sharkan said:

Yeah it is hah, I lived in Brooklyn for years before joining the Air Force. I used to get so annoyed at bicyclists riding like that haha. 

Then you already know! ?

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

No real slopes like that here in NYC unfortunately ?

Going up the small bunny hills here in the city is no issue for me on the Z10, just push more pedal. I actually feel it’s stronger than the V10F because I was able get an overcharge/ overcurrent warning pushing too hard on the same hill on the V10F that I currently haven’t been able to get the Z10 to overcharge / overcurrent warning yet.

I don’t like it when pushed hard, V10F will tilt back and stayed tilted until reset, I think InMotion is way too cautious about safety.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Adumb said:

Man the vid of him right around NYC is nuts, he runs stop signs, weaves in and out of traffic, just all around risky driving for not only him but the surrounding cars/pedestrians as well. It's fun watching those vids but people riding like that are what's gonna get EUCs banned. 

Yep, exact same thing that ran through my head while watching it. However if you have ever been to NYC, people on bikes have been pulling the same stuff for years, but yea it's only a matter of time until it all comes crashing down from something like this where someone zigs where they should have zagged. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, houseofjob said:

When I was switching with @Tishawn Fahie's 2.125" thick Tesla tire, it felt super weird! Like the tire was to thin and bendy (of course, riding a few miles was enough to readjust). 

This Z just further confirms I never want to ride thinner than 2.5" wide tires ever again. Even getting back on my 2.5" wide KS18S seemed for lack of a better word 'wobbly' after switching from the Z with @Citi Wheel

after getting the V10F, i decided also that for my terrain i prefer at least the 2.5 inch tire. it can carry more weight and sb more durable. the 2.125 tires on my other wheels are fine for my road but won't work in my sandy pastures.

i love my 18s(except is still only reads 94% at full charge, better than 90% as delivered to me)it is difficult, meaning hips and torso to turn tight. the 16"x 2.5 tire on the V10F seems to fit my old body better. 

bigger tires are better, safer on my road because i deal with a lot of fallen branches, limbs and such on my road and the bigger wheels climb over them better when i can't avoid them.

i'll probably wind up getting the z10 also unless there's bad press between now and when it becomes available.

not looking forward to toting it. sure is refreshing picking up the V10F compared to the 18s.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/8/2018 at 5:13 PM, stephen said:

well this shows you how the z10 is on movability . i couldn't do that on a busy street though but i don't have a choice in the UK?

As much as I truly enjoyed this video, I couldn't not help, No protective gear at all, wow. Assuming this is how all New Yorkers drive/ ride..... and It just started all that desire again about Z10, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

the KS18S is difficult to turn for you, then the Z10 will be even harder. The few other experienced riders (multiple wheel ownerships) who have now been on the Z10 have echoed this sentiment.

Through riding the 4" wide tire of the Z10 on now Day 4 i'm so tired, I'm beginning to learn that difficulty of turning/maneuvering (higher body/hips turning) on an EUC is much more dependent on width than it is diameter. We've seen this with the 2.5" wide of the V10F, and how it's harder to turn on (akin to 18" x 2.5" body movement / physics) compared to the thinner / regular 2.125" wide of the typical 16" EUC tires.

Considering these facts, I'm beginning to think my overwhelmingly positive experience on the Z10 might be more of an outlier, as size means nothing for maneuvering to me.

I think we are in store for some more Z10 bashing due to unwillingness to learn to adapt.

that’s exactly what i was thinking after getting my 2nd 2.5 inch wide tire on the V10F. the 16” is easier to maneuver but does feel like the the ks18s. 

i was just playing with balancing at slow or no speed, and the V10F is waay easier to balance than the 18s. 

turning the 18s isn’t terrible because the tall shell does give u leverage. it looks like the Z10 takes leg strength and leveraging that to another level.

so far, knock on wood, the V10F fits my needs out here the best. it’s a very intuitive wheel for me. i’ve yet to take it in the pasture.

Edited by novazeus
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i was just playing with balancing at slow or no speed, and the V10F is waay easier to balance than the 18s. 

This reminds me of a point about the "stableness", for lack of a better word, that I wanted to make, thanks!

Based on how easy it is to roll at a crawl on the Z10 (almost like cheating!), I'm beginning to sense that as an EUC tire dimension approaches a 1-to-1 width = diameter, it gains this ease of stability when rolling slow (see the 10" x 2.75" MTen3 or the now fatter 16" x 2.5" V10F that you mention!) 

Very interesting~

8 minutes ago, novazeus said:

turning the 18s isn’t terrible because the tall shell does give u leverage. it looks like the Z10 takes leg strength and leveraging that to another level.

Yes, love that tall KS18S leverage! Great for quick on/off mount/dismounts too, like the pommel horse in gymnastics! 

And yes, almost whole body turns to get easier leverage now on the Z10 for turns. I equated it to a rider friend today as now the EUC is human or bear size, and you must make the first move before it will even think of turning for you! ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Yes, love that tall KS18S leverage! Great for quick on/off mount/dismounts too, like the pommel horse in gymnastics! 

yeah, i absolutely suck at free mounting but the 18s is so easy and different to freemount, practicing mounting on it doesn’t transfer to my smaller wheels.

18s is a great wheel. wish it had a bright headlight and was ten pounds lighter.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Posting for @Citi Wheel. Early SAT AM Z10 Run down Midtown:

ooh, i liked that video. actually got a good feel for the wheel i think. 

liked the music too. reminded me of my younger days going to edc vegas 2011,12,13,14, sold my 2015 tickets, felt like i was getting too old for that crowd.

that slow rolling or standstill balancing would really come in handy walking Bob. i need pretty good weight and mass otherwise Bob would be dragging me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looking forward to @Marty Backe review of the z10, as most of my riding is off road and mountain trails. I had placed a preorder for the z10 but changed it to the msuperx. From what I’m seeing, things are looking better than i thought for the z10. Let’s hope it gets Marty’s seal of approval for trail riding! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@houseofjob i’ve only been to the city once. that was like 1983. studio 54 was still open then. it was a rough city back then. ate and had drinks in the little bar on top of the world trade center. 

i said to myself i’d only go back if i had a tour guide, somebody that lives there and can tell me where to go and more importantly, where not to go.

i can’t do it now, but with u nyc riders up there, it would be a hoot to blast the city. maybe u guys could do tours on the weekends for fun(and money). do all the legal stuff, waivers etc, and fellow wheelers fly in and u have a wheel for them to use while they’re there. i’d rather do that than disneyworld. if u have never been to nyc or washington dc, it’s definitely educational.

i think i’d feel safer on my V10F in nyc than i did in my ‘82 rabbit convertible. no windshield on the V10F, and the cabs would have a harder time trying to hit me.

vegas would be a good wheel tour destination but i bet all the vegas undercover cops and uniform cops would frown upon the wheels.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1