Ninebot One Z10 eWheels.com Demo: NYC-Style

houseofjob

Awesome! The Z series looks like the perfect top end wheel if.. we ignores other smaller manufacture like Kingsong and Gotway..

It's like Macbook Pro. It looks really nice and high end but there are other alternative that have more of most everything else for the same price. It like curses to enthusiast.

Can't wait for Msuper X review! Hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

Edited by Kens
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Fantastic reports. What can you tell us about the operating temperature. Did it ever overheat for you during your time riding it? Are the cooling fans loud or audible? And last, what was your impression on the headlight?

• Like 1

Excellent report, @houseofjob.  Wish I could make it to the demo but can't due to scheduling conflict.  So if you had to choose between the Ninebot Z10 or the Inmotion V10f, what's your choice?  Or rather, if someone were trying to decide between the two to serve as their only general-purpose wheel in an urban/suburban environment, which would you recommend?

Love the feedback about the tire performance of the Z10.  The biggest potential feature for me was the theoretical shock absorbing benefit of the wide/tubeless tire, but it sounds like that's been disappointing across reviews. 

I think I must have had a misconception about how the tubeless design would function.  I figured the lower PSI it allows would be the key to improving the ability of the tire to deal with potholes and would therefore increase the safety margin of the Z series significantly over other wheels.  

If my damned V8 had even a slightly bigger battery, I would have been content for the indefinite future.  :efef2e0fff:

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Hmmm... not a huge fan of range tests, but if time allows, will try. 

<snip>

The Z10 trolley is serviceable, but IMHO, a tall, thinnish telescoping trolley cannot satisfyingly handle this much Z10 weight, in this MSuperV3-style, perpendicular oriented manner (one of my least favorite trolley orientations, right next to the Ninebot One 16" series unicorn trolley).

<snip>

Ninebot is historically very good with a clean-cut, simple and functional design, and updated well across platforms, both Android & iOS (like a real mobile developer.... probably the best of all the EUC companies for keeping their app clean and fuctional; remember, Ninebot has a ton of money through their XiaoMi backing, plus the Segway resources side). They recently updated both platforms for the Z, you can get the Android version here.

<snip>

Don't sweat the range test if that's not your thing. But out here we do lots of long rides so it's nice to know what the limitation will be for this wheel.

Regarding trolley handles, at least it has one. I think the KingSong style is the best - sturdy and offering the best control.

Thanks for the Ninebot app link. Good to know that they seem to maintain the best app of all the makers out there.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks for the Ninebot app link. Good to know that they seem to maintain the best app of all the makers out there.

No sweat! 

Sadly yes, arguably the best (at least most professionally maintained) app, albeit a little on the simplistic side for immediate first/main screen layout.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, novazeus said:

what is the latest eta in the usa for the z10?

Not sure, but I suspect still early August or later to US doorstep, like the eWheels pre-order timetable quotes

New-Model-Production-Dates-19th-May-18.j

• Like 3

:popcorn:  But that fat tire tho.  :wub:  All is forgiven, Ninebot!  We still love you!!!  The wheel is sick.  It just screams beefy.  I bet going back to a thinner tire is going to be difficult once you get used the the 9botZ.  #jealous!!!

But how are you going to change that tire?  :blink:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, stephen said:

well this shows you how the z10 is on movability . i couldn't do that on a busy street though but i don't have a choice in the UK?

Since YouTube is blocked in China, I'd like to copy this to a Chinese video streaming site, just to show my friends what you can do if you are skilled enough and mad enough... we never really pushed Z that hard in city streets, because in addition that Z is harder to initiate a turn/swing, it has a tendency to bounce back when you lean in to swing it hard, hence difficult to control... what Tishawn did was amazing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:popcorn:  But that fat tire tho.  :wub:  All is forgiven, Ninebot!  We still love you!!!  The wheel is sick.  It just screams beefy.  I bet going back to a thinner tire is going to be difficult once you get used the the 9botZ.  #jealous!!!

But how are you going to change that tire?  :blink:

Pretty easy, just like the motorcycle tires... if all fails take it to motorcycle shop, I think last time I've checked if you bring in the rim and the tire they will do it for $ 25... Maybe worth it for some... :confused1:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, houseofjob said:

If you stuck by this long, your Ninebot Z thirst is strong!

A note for you, I have just talked to a Ninebot engineer, he said "There is no English instruction while pushing firmware update for Zs via APP, they may experience some weird behavior" So, if you guys do update Z's firmware, have a Chinese friends explain procedures/adjustments necessary after an update. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1