Anyone having over heating issues with the Inmotion V10F besides me?

I've overheated or overloaded it twice doing things I believe it should handle easily (because other wheels do), and opened a question with InMotion on their forum here (without so far getting feedback):  https://www.myinmotion.com/pages/forum?p=post%2Fv10f-cutting-out-and-asking-me-to-get-off-when-it-shouldnt-9759363%3Fpid%3D1304432531

So I'm hoping for some help from the hive mind.

7 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

I've overheated or overloaded it twice doing things I believe it should handle easily (because other wheels do), and opened a question with InMotion on their forum here (without so far getting feedback):  https://www.myinmotion.com/pages/forum?p=post%2Fv10f-cutting-out-and-asking-me-to-get-off-when-it-shouldnt-9759363%3Fpid%3D1304432531

Unfortunately Inmotion reps have been eerily quiet here after the wheel landed in customers hands.

I do know that the one I tested did very well in my stress testing. I did get it to overheat, but only after climbing a long steep hill.

@Mike Paolini, what was your battery charge at the beginning - was the wheel fully charged? Tell us more about your route - was there a downhill part as well? Or just straight road and then uphill? For how long (time) you've been riding before it overheated? Did you notice any pattern at all, like for example how much time passed since last ride, or something in common in your riding style (any aggressive braking? obstacles? traffic?).

2 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

i gotta ask because not airing up the tire seems to be sop for forum members before riding.

what is ur tire pressure?

I've been riding in 95+ F temps lately and not had this happen.  I have heard my fan come on tho, it sounds like a small vacuum cleaner in there, similar sound to the high pitch noise it makes but slightly different.

I'll duplicate the information I posted in their forum here in images.

I've been able to duplicate it about 2 out of about 13 attempts where the temperature is high, but the max power demanded is roughly <1600, on a ~90% battery.

Ambient temperature is 90-100 degrees F,  payload about 212lbs to a high of 227lbs which was with water and a backpack of stuff.

Headlight and LED's were on, and I think the speakers as well.

Meanwhile my Gotway mTen3 (and other Kingsongs haven't had an issue to date.  I did 10 runs last night on the mTen and it peaked at 143 degrees F while managing 14kph (though I wasn't carrying water and the backpack so it was probably toward the 212 lbs side). 

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2578.png

IMG_2576.png

IMG_2575 2.png

Screen_Shot_2018-06-06_at_11_11_29_AM_2.jpg

Screen_Shot_2018-06-06_at_11_09_18_AM.jpg

Archived