V8 tire pressure

Bigwheel

The manual states "If the tire pressure is insufficient, please conduct air inflation in time. The factory tire pressure of INMOTION SCV V8 is 2.8 Bar by default."

2.8 bar is about 40 PSI.

What do you guys fill up to and is there a danger zone where the wheel starts rubbing against the internals?

Are there any video tutorials how to inflate the tire or is it easy to do?

Lastly, what's the bit called that allows you to fill the tire? The extension bit. I need to eBay it to buy it :) 

Edited by Bigwheel

I inflate mine to 45psi but have been experimenting with lower pressures lately to improve shock absorption. Go too low and you risk pinching the tire when you hit a bump and so causing a snake-bite puncture which would need a new tube. Your weight is a big factor in the right pressure for you so experiment. I weigh about 170lb with my backpack. If you put too much in you will soon know if it rubs the body. It sounds terrible! Too low and the wheel will be unridable. Literally you will fall off regardless of how good you can ride.

For inflation just lift the flap under the pedal and spin the wheel until the valve is visible. If you don't find it...flip the wheel over and try again! It is tight but access should be good enough that a valve extension is not necessary.

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Like 2

Thanks for this. Shame Inmotion don't produce a weight guide of any kind that recommends tire pressure.

It's strange Inmotion inflate to 40 psi out of the box. Sounds like it should be higher.

Other V8 owners, post your pressure here! We can build a list of what people are using and how they feel it works :)

I have mine inflated to 43 psi. This allows clearance for the off road Kendra tyres I currently have on the wheel.

As suggested by another forum member, I adjust the pressure to get the most neutral turning behavior of the wheel. For me it's somewhere between 35 and 40PSI, I believe closer to 35 than to 40. This fits quite precisely into the above linked appropriate pressures graph from ewheels.

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 1

I’ve swapped tires quite a bit, and the difference in optimal pressure for me varies quite a bit, from 2.8 bar to 3.3 bars.

The common Kenda is quite bumpy at 3.0 bars and above, while the more and more popular Chao Yang H-5102 doesn’t turn very well below 3.3 bars.

Best to start with the chart linked above, and try a bit to find your optimal. Danger zone for these tires is far above the ”max” that’s printed on the tire itself. (Discussed in detail earlier on.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 years later...

The tire pressure is way to low on my InMotion V8F... Can someshare how I get to the tire valve to add air or where you put extension that was mentioned? How do you get to the tire valve on the V8F

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/26/2022 at 8:14 PM, mrelwood said:

Wasn’t there a hatch at the edge of the shell that can be opened for valve access?

There is, but the valve is really tight in there. I can’t attach my bike pump to it and the servo pump barely fits either. Guess I’ll be getting a valve extension. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Boof and Bloke said:

There is, but the valve is really tight in there. I can’t attach my bike pump to it and the servo pump barely fits either. Guess I’ll be getting a valve extension. 

Unfortunately a lot of wheels need them to fill the tires. The V11 comes with one. It’s a very annoying design. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Boof and Bloke said:

This one works for me on the V8 and V8F, while it requires a little bit of force to get the pump onto the valve.

pump.thumb.jpg.2d55cdeeeebe935e6e7004a9f9837286.jpg

• Like 1

On the topic of valve extensions: I just grabbed the JACO Lightning L2X and am a big fan.  Almost no air loss -- I can dial it in to within 1/2 a psi now.

The Slime 20332 is good on insertion but I lose some air on removal.  I just wish the JACO weren't 3x the price.

The head is oblong, but it swivels freely so there's plenty of clearance to insert without bending the stem:

IMG_1026.jpeg

Edited by tris
  • Like 2