KS18L and MSuper X

chunglam

1 hour ago, EZhel said:

p.s. bought a 500 gramms 700W 84V 8A/4A charger for my MSuperX already, tiny mighty thingy:

Be sure to use the 4A mode only, the 8A is going to fry the charge port.

@Electroman Well if the msX from Ali is the same you'd get here, that kind of screams "Buy meeeeeeeeeeeee":efee8319ab: But the 18L is also such a nice wheel, really hard to choose, I understand.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Electroman Well if the msX from Ali is the same you'd get here, that kind of screams "Buy meeeeeeeeeeeee":efee8319ab: But the 18L is also such a nice wheel, really hard to choose, I understand.

Yeah I hope so, I was told this but have got no confirmation I admit as much..

Hard it is indeed, if only I could have em all? ?

25 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Well if the msX from Ali is the same you'd get here, that kind of screams "Buy meeeeeeeeeeeee":efee8319ab: 

I know right. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and buy it from Green Fashion. It doesn't make sense for Gotway to make selective improvements in the line of assembly. That would only slow them down.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

8A is going to fry the charge port

7.4A heats up GX16-3 of KS16S only a little, while GX16-4 allows higher power so it should be fine (probably). We'll see how it goes as soon as I get my msx.

1 hour ago, EZhel said:

7.4A heats up GX16-3 of KS16S only a little, while GX16-4 allows higher power so it should be fine (probably). We'll see how it goes as soon as I get my msx.

Really? They always said 5A is fine, 6A is probably too much, and more would melt the thin cables. I believe KS have something different, as they sell a 16S together with an 8A charger over here, so maybe 8A is ok for KS but not GW? Not sure how this works.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gx16-4+max+current Everyone says max current is 5A

https://www.google.com/search?q=gx16-3+max+current Here it seems to be 7A so 8A might still be ok

Just wanted to warn you, you can try and see what happens. Worst case, you need a new charge port:efee47c9c8:

@esaj:efef62fc70:

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wheelr said:

I know right. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and buy it from Green Fashion. It doesn't make sense for Gotway to make selective improvements in the line of assembly. That would only slow them down.

I got the impression they used some pedal brackets in the very first production (or maybe beta?) batches which got sold to Chinese riders, found out that something's wrong with them (too weak?), and now use improved brackets - for all wheels, naturally. Or maybe they have leftover old brackets and use them for the Chinese market wheels (they do keep track of China vs rest of world)? Not sure how much is known about this issue.

Maybe it's just a trick to scare people off grey imports:efef015fe0:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I got the impression they used some pedal brackets in the very first production (or maybe beta?) batches which got sold to Chinese riders, found out that something's wrong with them (too weak?), and now use improved brackets - for all wheels, naturally. Or maybe they have leftover old brackets and use them for the Chinese market wheels (they do keep track of China vs rest of world)? Not sure how much is known about this issue.

Maybe it's just a trick to scare people off grey imports:efef015fe0:

Hehe, I honestly do not know but Chen told me and I quote:

"Hello, your goods are the European version of the goods. They said that the pedals and columns have been strengthened."

He also told me later in the message conversation that he have got the second batch so as long as it is a variant with strong pedal attachments I am good whatever happen here, should be good then and sooner or later we will know full well what happen in the Gotway world and why right? ?

• Upvote 1

Sounds good. Looks like it was just an issue with the very first Xs then. I believe @Jason McNeil is currently in detective mode, trying to find out details about the bracket issue (maybe it was a batch of bad material?).

Really hard to decide between this and the ACM2. If I had the money from my old ACM back now, and had to decide whether to get an ACM2 or pay a little more and get the msX, I wouldn't know what to do either:efee47c9c8:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sounds good. Looks like it was just an issue with the very first Xs then. I believe @Jason McNeil is currently in detective mode, trying to find out details about the bracket issue (maybe it was a batch of bad material?).

Really hard to decide between this and the ACM2. If I had the money from my old ACM back now, and had to decide whether to get an ACM2 or pay a little more and get the msX, I wouldn't know what to do either:efee47c9c8:

Hehe, so true.

Good stuff we have Jason, will know sooner or later I'm sure. If I get the MSX I want to keep the ACM too, 16 and 19 inch. ?

Green fashion just re-listed price @ $2500 though, kind of make the decision much easier for me personally since I am simply not going to pay him that kind of money for it, must back off or choice is simple. Yeah he got the $30 coupon sure, just not much of a consolation when my consideration price was at $1925. Suspect it is not a mistake other wheels gone up too, heck even ACM2 I looked at now at $2000 which also happen to be a $500 bump just like that.

The other 2 still list at approximately $2000 though, anyone with knowledge that could tell if all Ali sellers listing it are good, trustworthy sources that ship first to EU then re ship again to other EU country?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Hehe, so true.

Good stuff we have Jason, will know sooner or later I'm sure. If I get the MSX I want to keep the ACM too, 16 and 19 inch. ?

Green fashion just re-listed price @ $2500 though, kind of make the decision much easier for me personally since I am simply not going to pay him that kind of money for it, must back off or choice is simple. Yeah he got the $30 coupon sure, just not much of a consolation when my consideration price was at $1925. Suspect it is not a mistake other wheels gone up too, heck even ACM2 I looked at now at $2000 which also happen to be a $500 bump just like that.

The other 2 still list at approximately $2000 though, anyone with knowledge that could tell if all Ali sellers listing it are good, trustworthy sources that ship first to EU then re ship again to other EU country?

I feel like he’s testing the water to see what the market will bear. If wheels don’t sell at those prices, they’ll come back down. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

Hehe, so true.

Have you sent a message to Chen at Green Fashion? He will often lower the price if you ask. I would communicate with him and simply tell him "that you were going to purchase it at $2000 but can't now because of the big jump in price". See what he says.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Czy wysłałeś wiadomość do Chena w Green Fashion? On często obniży cenę, jeśli zapytasz. Chciałbym się z nim porozumieć i po prostu powiedzieć mu, "że zamierzasz go kupić za 2000 $, ale nie może teraz z powodu dużego skoku cenowego". Zobacz, co mówi.

Marty please tell me in msuperX your wheel is trembling beats turbulence high speed i can not control the wheel, sways like a cart with a child, the effect shakes when I am driving 38kmh i have msuperX

42 minutes ago, diegoxxx said:

Marty please tell me in msuperX your wheel is trembling beats turbulence high speed i can not control the wheel, sways like a cart with a child, the effect shakes when I am driving 38kmh i have msuperX

I'm sorry, but I can't quite understand what you are saying. I know you're using translation, but it's not doing a very good job :(

2 hours ago, Kael said:

I feel like he’s testing the water to see what the market will bear. If wheels don’t sell at those prices, they’ll come back down. 

Perhaps you are correct, if so seams like a bit premature to me considering the others listing at normal price and available in the US at even a couple of $ less if prepared to wait a lil bit? I would surely take the frustration being impatience if I could buy from Jason at his prices, service, feeling of safety and a seller who care.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Have you sent a message to Chen at Green Fashion? He will often lower the price if you ask. I would communicate with him and simply tell him "that you were going to purchase it at $2000 but can't now because of the big jump in price". See what he says.

Yes Marty good tip, I did. ?

Prices listed are now down to what they where before and I am on the train again, ok always reservations perhaps other seller suddenly offer equivalent wheel, second batch, pedal attachment variant aso at truly competitive price? I mean hard to imagine but should someone also good offer at $1800 that would be hard to resist all other things equal, like I said before I'm so envy of you US guys you truly do have access to something special there and even loose, perhaps not directly sale directed questions are answered right away and he is even prepared to def go the extra mile and that is worth so much to me. Where I rich I would from him in the US anyways and just pay the extra premium known as the Swedish take on fair, decent tax/customs fees. 

Regarding price green fashion is about the same as Jason so for you this choice is easy I take it, for me even if were to take down price printed on the shipping label to say half'ish...,  that would still rack up to some serious extra premium $ I must pay here, unfortunately.

Edited by Electroman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Przykro mi, ale nie bardzo rozumiem, co mówisz. Wiem, że używasz tłumaczenia, ale to nie robi bardzo dobrej roboty :(

I asked a friend he wrote it on the forum, my question to you or in msuperx my wheel gets vibrate when I go, shakes or it's a normal reaction where is the problem

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm sorry, but I can't quite understand what you are saying. I know you're using translation, but it's not doing a very good job :(

Me neither, but I assume (if I can?) that he is saying that his wheels is shaking at speed, like balancing problem?

29 minutes ago, diegoxxx said:

I asked a friend he wrote it on the forum, my question to you or in msuperx my wheel gets vibrate when I go, shakes or it's a normal reaction where is the problem

No, the MSuper X is a very smooth riding wheel. Zero shakes or vibrations at low or high speeds. Looks like something may be wrong with yours :(

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Perhaps you are correct, if so seams like a bit premature to me considering the others listing at normal price and available in the US at even a couple of $ less if prepared to wait a lil bit? I would surely take the frustration being impatience if I could buy from Jason at his prices, service, feeling of safety and a seller who care.

Yes Marty good tip, I did. ?

Prices listed are now down to what they where before and I am on the train again, ok always reservations perhaps other seller suddenly offer equivalent wheel, second batch, pedal attachment variant aso at truly competitive price? I mean hard to imagine but should someone also good offer at $1800 that would be hard to resist all other things equal, like I said before I'm so envy of you US guys you truly do have access to something special there and even loose, perhaps not directly sale directed questions are answered right away and he is even prepared to def go the extra mile and that is worth so much to me. Where I rich I would from him in the US anyways and just pay the extra premium known as the Swedish take on fair, decent tax/customs fees. 

Regarding price green fashion is about the same as Jason so for you this choice is easy I take it, for me even if were to take down price printed on the shipping label to say half'ish...,  that would still rack up to some serious extra premium $ I must pay here, unfortunately.

I think $1900 is going to be about the lowest you're going to find it. This is an impressive wheel, so the dollar amount seems about right. Plus it's brand new and in short supply.

I feel for you and your high prices in Sweden :(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think $1900 is going to be about the lowest you're going to find it. This is an impressive wheel, so the dollar amount seems about right. Plus it's brand new and in short supply.

I feel for you and your high prices in Sweden :(

Thanks Marty, appreciate!

Yes I think that of course you are correct, if all goes according to plan I should experience it for myself within a month or so?

Only every time I get to hear how other riders explain the ACM2 you talked about or the big biggest battery option Tesla for that matter I do become uncertain, again..  But I must start somewhere and I do have my excising 16" if I ride it a bit softer (and maybe I should anyway), loose 10kg + ride not to work but on my free time only and any wheel should start feeling better, I am a bit surprised how such a relatively small weight gain affect the wheel so try to imagine what a great time many in China must experience.

Edited by Electroman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Thanks Marty, appreciate!

Yes I think that of course you are correct, if all goes according to plan I should experience it for myself within a month or so?

Only every time I get to hear how other riders explain the ACM2 you talked about or the big biggest battery option Tesla for that matter I do become uncertain, again..  But I must start somewhere and I do have my excising 16" if I ride it a bit softer (and maybe I should anyway), loose 10kg + ride not to work but on my free time only and any wheel should start feeling better, I am a bit surprised how such a relatively small weight gain affect the wheel so try to imagine what a great time many in China must experience.

Great. So you pulled the trigger than and bought it. I think you're going to love this wheel. Now the loooooooooong wait begins :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great. So you pulled the trigger than and bought it. I think you're going to love this wheel. Now the loooooooooong wait begins :)

Sorry Marty, I should have been more clear and now see why you would think that re reading the first sentence again. ?

No I have yet to pull the trigger, plan was and I suppose still is Friday unless something unexpected occurs between now and then? Thank you for all the help, it's the next best thing reading your texts, watching the videos trying to figure things out, on top of that I don't have any experience with other wheels no matter what diameter so nothing to relate to even?

Yes that wait will be looooooong indeed, will try to learn from other members experiences though and not be paranoid about receiving the wheel, some uncertainty in regards to untested warranty, service is enough to bare but should be ok I think and a few others bought there before me so..

• Like 2

@chunglam now that you've been riding them for almost two weeks:

Which do you ride more?

How are the acceleration and top speed?

How is the hill climbing capability?

Do you use the seat often?

Do you use the speakers often?

How do they handle rough roads?

Are you able to ride both among pedestrians?

If you had to choose one, which would you choose and why?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1