Anyone here riding an electric scooter?

ir_fuel

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:52 AM, Esper said:

Do you have a link to share with us?

Not many, as it seems quite new, but how about this... http://shop.euc.nyc/ksd11

And... 

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 6/7/2018 at 12:06 AM, ED209 said:

Has anyone had any experience on an Inmotion L8F? I am thinking of getting one, I want something light, powerful and discreet, not too obvious looking, I need to be able to get away with it due to Uk Laws. Dualtron looks heavy, like it is on steroids. Do they have a lighter version? 

You can check out this comparison on the Speedway models on Envyride. Otherwise, may I suggest that you have a look at the FalconPEV scooters, Zero8, zero10x and so on. I have yet to try them personally but I really like the specifics and they are far lighter than the Minimotor's models.

Good luck :) as for the InMotion it did have some early issues but the models you see in stores now have been upgraded so these should be fixed by now. The scooter is decent at best, I'd probably go with the Xiaomi or ES4 from Ninebot/segway instead if I was looking at something smaller.

Let's get something straight about riding 20 km/h on a goddamn walk pathway! It should never happen and if you want to go that fast get on the goddamn road... Anyways, renters are not as responsible as people than own them....

This scooter looks promising... https://cleantechnica.com/2019/02/18/optec-zuumer-e-scooter-appeals-to-emergency-first-responders/

Edited by MetricUSA
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 12:44 PM, Smoother said:

@Esper I notice in your signature that your Dualtron is lined through.  Did you sell it or did some other fate befall it? If sold, why? If you don't mind me asking.

I sold it. If you view the Dualtron II EX thread you will see the problems I've had with it and why I got rid of it. Long story short, it doesn't hold up well for daily commuting with high temperatures and bad roads. I sold it to someone that will use it for a hobby rather than to get to work. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 10:25 PM, ir_fuel said:

I had my first go on an electric scooter today. 

Xiaomi Mi.

I rode it for about 20 minutes, and tbh, I hated it. Once you are used to EUC riding this just doesn't feel right. Unstable, steering is also very unstable (these things were designed to be used by kids pushing them around at 8mph, not adults riding them at 16mph, not very "carve friendly" with those small wheels and the way the front is set up), and it's FWD

I had a Xiaomi Mi365 before my EUC.  Drove 750km on it, and loved every mile of it. 

However, the unit had some serious drawbacks (general to the Mi365), which after 4 months drove me to an EUC :

* The steering handle becomes wobbly and squeaky after a while which is quite annoying

* The tires are a real weak point and are not meant to be ridden on gravel or off-road

* Autonomy is limited to (in my case) 20km

* Speed limited to 25kmh (admit, we all want to drive faster, aren't we ?)

* Still quite large when folded, and a bit awkward to take with you on the train.

I still felt safer on an electric step, probably due to the lower speed, lower center of gravity & the fact you can easily jump of when losing control. 

• 1 year later...

Bit late to the discussion but in the UK I just tried a new scooter that was just released, and I am shocked. The brand is called shock wheelz - I ordered on amazon but they have a website I was just checking out.

I have had a Ninebot and Xiaomi and they both really don't compare! Especially when the Shock Wheelz model is so much more affordable.

Honestly, I have the PRO-MAX and I have never felt so safe compared to the other scooters I have used, going over bumps etc. seemed like air especially at speed;) I don't think I could go back now, keep recommending them to my friends because why reach so far into your pocket if there is a model available that does all the same as the Ninebot for example for half the price (I would actually argue that it is miles better...but let's not get into that)

What really p**d me off about my Xiaomi is that it didn't have a removable battery so I had to keep carrying the whole scooter inside and charging it next to my ironing board:facepalm:  But now I don't have to at all the Shock Wheelz one comes out the middle stem and you just plug it in, can't believe I went to all that trouble before.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shock-Wheelz-PRO-MAX-Electronic-Detachable/dp/B08J3MPYF8/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=shock+wheelz&qid=1603269808&sr=8-5

https://shockwheelz.com/products/pro-max

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a turbowheel Lightining+. With dual motor drive and suspension, its quite fun. I love my euc, but this scooter beats the shit outta it for acceleration. With 10" tires and suspension, the scooter is quite useable. Fwiw, my scooter can outrun my Ks18L in top speed fairly easily. I do prefer the euc most times, but then sometimes I just want to ride something different. Theres no way in hell I'd waste my money on a scooter with LESS specs than my fav euc. I'd imagine that scooters are like most everything else. If you get soemthing underpowered or cheap, you will bitch that it seems underpowered and cheap. If you are a motorcyclist or euc rider, either buy a big badass scooter or another euc. Toy scooters belong under the feet of a child, not an enthusiast.

@Darren farrah Have you checked the key switch and or speed controller? I cant be of much help, I dont know much about the scooters. I cahrge mine and commence to destroying it. Aside from mucking with the hydraulic brakes and installing a twist throttle, I havent done much to it. Is there any way you can get assistance from the seller or your local retailer?

• 2 weeks later...

I got 2 ninebots one ES4 with front wheel drive and one G30 Max with rear wheel drive.

Keep the ES4 at work if im i. Need to fast go to a shop for a lunsj than using my car.

The G30max i keep at Home its not used to much but its rock solid n rear wheel drive.

Its the pevs that more easy to Get into at the minus they most boring to use -_-