Edmonton Canada

Edmsuper

The plan is to meet again and Wednesday and then on Sunday if the weather holds, which it looks like it will.

Wednesday we will meet at Ritchie at 5:30. @Resinears if your wheel is back together and you can make it out we'll pick a road course that is manageable for everyone. (We had a pretty challenging ride last Sunday. 

The Sunday plan is TBD. We will iron out the details for the Sunday ride on Wednesday.

My wheel is back together, but I won't be able to make it on Wednesday night. Thanks for the offer of taking an easier route for my benefit, but I have some stuff I have to get done.  Looks like Sunday will be a no-go for me too, as I have kid's soccer commitments.  I do try to get a few blocks in here and there, just to get time on the feet/wheel.  I hope to join you guys for some kind of ride before the season turns ugly...

Thanks, will do.  Now that indoor soccer is going, my son has games on Sundays, which I like to attend.  This Sunday's game is in the early afternoon, but sometimes they are done in the morning.  I'll be good for riding on milder winter days (when road conditions permit).  I'll have to see about next Wednesday, but generally speaking for weekdays, by the time I'm home from work and get something to eat, it's probably too late for an organized evening ride for me.  

2 hours ago, Resinears said:

Thanks, will do.  Now that indoor soccer is going, my son has games on Sundays, which I like to attend.  This Sunday's game is in the early afternoon, but sometimes they are done in the morning.  I'll be good for riding on milder winter days (when road conditions permit).  I'll have to see about next Wednesday, but generally speaking for weekdays, by the time I'm home from work and get something to eat, it's probably too late for an organized evening ride for me.  

If Saturdays would be better, we could maybe move the occasional Sunday over to Saturday? I was already thinking for next year maybe we should alternate weekend days.

Our tour last night took up over the Edmonton Brewery District, where we took a tour of a wonderful, huge underground parkade that might be nice to visit again once the snow and ice start to come down. It was as nice a night for touring the town on a wheel as you're ever going to see in mid-late October.

Next up, Sunday we'll be meeting again. Depending on who shows we'll either do a gentle tour of the easy roads around Ritchie, or we may do some mild trail rides in Mill Creek Ravine.

Hey winterwheel sorry didn't get back to you at Halloween way too busy Sunday rides look like it's not going to be good calling for snow and rain and still a lot of snow on the roads maybe if we meet at that Parkade that Edmwheel showed us

Let me know

No worries, I've been swamped this week, wouldn't mind catching up on a few things tomorrow, including shopping for some winter wheel boots. Good for the following week though, that would be Sunday Nov 11. I'd suggest bringing it back to 10a to ensure that we are in before it starts to get busy in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Next meetup is at 10:00am Sunday Nov 18 at the Brewery District. It is a beautiful clean space there with lots of room for speed runs, practicing bumps, training new skills (riding backwards etc). We had a good long look at the space last weekend and it really seems ideal.

I've put together some new promotional cards for people to take a look at this weekend, I think they turned out pretty well, I'll be interested to see what everyone thinks. Also three of the original videos that went missing, from the early days in the rink, have been re-added to the yegwheel YouTube page.

Edited by winterwheel

Brewery District on Sunday?  Where do you enter (guessing/hoping you are talking about underground?).  Not sure about the boy's soccer schedule on Saturday, but if I can, I'd love to come down and at least ride a bit.  Haven't been on the wheel for a long time...

On 11/16/2018 at 3:57 PM, Resinears said:

Brewery District on Sunday?  Where do you enter (guessing/hoping you are talking about underground?).  Not sure about the boy's soccer schedule on Saturday, but if I can, I'd love to come down and at least ride a bit.  Haven't been on the wheel for a long time...

If everyone comes out we could have a conversation on what the best time for everyone to meet on a regular basis might be. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm back from Canmore adventure, and thinking maybe we should have a meetup on Sunday. We've been going at 10 but I thought I'd see if there is interest in going later in the day, around 4:30, the thought being that the parkade space will have less people monitoring it at that time. Let me know what you think. I'll be checking out some possible fallback locations this week as well, for those times when we have issues in the primary location.

• 2 months later...

Planning for the next meetup to be Sunday March 24th. I'm hoping we can do it at the Ritchie location, depending on whether the ice has melted off by then. If not, Brewery district. There might be some people interested in testing out wheels so I'm hoping Ritchie works out.

• 1 month later...

The yegwheel group is having its next meetup is on Sunday, May 19th, 11am, Ritchie arena. We're hoping to go as close to every Sunday as possible through the summer and fall. For those of you haven't been out to one of these yet, or haven't been for a while, we'd love to see you out. We have lots of different wheels to try out, some obstacles and cones and whatnot to practice with at the arena, and we do a ride around the city afterward.

Edited by winterwheel