Edmonton Canada

Edmsuper

2 hours ago, winterwheel said:

Here is a relive link of the run we did yesterday.

https://www.relive.cc/view/r10001856003

What a great app/presentation - looks like a pretty interesting way to document the ride.

My new wheel is on the way!  I'm very excited, and looking for padding for protection as well as comfort.  I sure hope we have some good days left!  I have to thank you for the use of your V8 to get me hooked on this.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

4 hours ago, Resinears said:

What a great app/presentation - looks like a pretty interesting way to document the ride.

The graphic is nice but it is pretty terrible in that it is so locked into their web viewer, with limited options for customizing the video or even adjusting the text it appears with. Mainly I don't like that it forces the video say "I" rode down to the park instead of "We".

Pulled the trigger today, so two business days. I'm hoping for Thursday, but would like to find some padding to create a pocket for my poor bruised ankle.   It sure helped on your wheel today when I taped some bubble wrap to create a pocket.  I was able to start off without having to hang off a support.  Still can't turn easily enough to ride on public (shared) spaces, but I am surprised how quickly things come when I have time to ride.  Feet stop cramping, relaxing more, etc.  Very excited.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Resinears said:

but would like to find some padding to create a pocket for my poor bruised ankle

I have quite a  few options I can bring to the next get together, including ankle weights, carved up seat cushions, assorted bits of foam, pads from my parts ACM,... hopefully we get some nice weather after your wheel comes in so you can try them out.

Edited by winterwheel

On 10/11/2018 at 8:39 AM, winterwheel said:

So Sunday is looking decent, high of 8, so I'm going to propose a *meet for noon*, a little bit later than 10a in order to let things warm up a bit. It looks like the new Tesla in town, so it'll be fun to have a look at it.

Sounds good to me also Wednesday is supposed to be very warm??

Meetup #10: We had four out today, with @Resinears bringing out his new Gotway Tesla which he hasn't even had a chance to ride yet. After an hour or so of riding around in the arena three went up the ravine to the TH on Argyll road, including a brief foray down onto the lower dirt trails, a first for the group. All in all, a beautiful day with the weather really holding up well.

Next up, Wednesday evening (Oct 17) we are going to look for an excursion out in the west end. Expected to be a high of 17C that day, so should be a nice night for it.

Edited by winterwheel

I've been doing quite a bit of research and I think I found a good area to go to meet at the Jamie Platz YMCA(7121-178st. skatepark at 5:30 or 6 go into wolf Willows down the path to Fort Edmonton Park then into to Terwillegar park then back looks like about 20 km round trip if this sounds good let me know winterwheel you can email me your phone number if you want to talk about the trip

Edited by Edmkingsong

Sounds great to me, I'll try to be there at 5:30. I used to live in West Edmonton Village, so it'll be nice for me to tool around there a bit. 20km is short enough I should be able to get there on the wheel with enough juice left to do the tour. I'm at 24xx km on the ACM2, there's a decent chance I could get to 2500 on Wednesday if I put in a few kms tomorrow.

I took a dry run today for Wednesday's ride we're going to have to cancel they're working on the pass that lead to both Bridges they will be open on Sunday talking to the workers I think we should reschedule for Sunday meet Wednesday at Richie Hall instead the past that I did get to go on where gorgeous Scenery is incredible but Sunday is the day to do that?

Wave 181017

From our evening ride tonight, photo taken with a drone this time.

Next Sunday (Oct 21) is our next big adventure, at noon starting from Jamie Platz in the west end. The route we will be taking (thanks @Edmkingsong for researching this and planning it out) looks to be 20-25 km or so. 

Our west end ride is in the books! 25km of riding through all sorts of terrain from road course to bike paths to hard core mountain biking trails. The video shows us waving from the depths of the Forest in Terwilligar Park; yes we did ride our wheels in there, it was quite a battle at times.