What's the trick to the App?

Hey all,

New to EUCs. Picked up an ACMv2 from ewheels and absolutely living it!  I am, at this point though, hitting the tilt-back pretty regularly so I'm interested in tinkering with the settings.

I've been trying to get this app to work, and no matter what I try, i'm always stuck at the intro blue screen with the Gotway logo. I've tried it on android 8.1, and 6.0, neither with any luck. I've also followed the advice here, and that didn't help either. Is there some stick to getting this to work? Does the wheel need to be paired over bluetooth before it'll let me in? I can get wheellog working just fine, but trying to pair with the wheel manually fails. 

3 hours ago, Zach Bauer said:

Hey all,

New to EUCs. Picked up an ACMv2 from ewheels and absolutely living it!  I am, at this point though, hitting the tilt-back pretty regularly so I'm interested in tinkering with the settings.

I've been trying to get this app to work, and no matter what I try, i'm always stuck at the intro blue screen with the Gotway logo. I've tried it on android 8.1, and 6.0, neither with any luck. I've also followed the advice here, and that didn't help either. Is there some stick to getting this to work? Does the wheel need to be paired over bluetooth before it'll let me in? I can get wheellog working just fine, but trying to pair with the wheel manually fails. 

Could you please provide more specifics? You can launch the app (what version?, where did you get it?) but it doesn't show your wheel on that first screen? Maybe you could post a screenshot of where you are stuck?

BTW, you can't connect with the Gotway app if you are already connected with WheelLog. Also, the more recent versions of WheelLog allow you to fully configure the wheel so you only need the Gotway app for calibration.

Can do!

I got version 3.1 from the kebye website here, as I've seen a few forum posts from the last year stating this is the most recent version. With the wheel on and not connected to WheelLog, all I see is the screenshot attached. I mentioned WheelLog because it had no trouble finding and immediately connecting to the wheel as soon as I turned it on. I also can't find any config settings in WheelLog, only the current speed, a graph of real time amperage, and a few metrics, like battery percentage and temperature. 

I can;t think of anything else to add, home that helps!

Screenshot_Gotway_20180604-183342.png

Does the Gotway app have all the permissions (Bluetooth etc), that screen is before the spinning "scanning for wheel" graphic comes up. I also had a problem where I couldn't connect for the first time when my phones GPS was disabled.

In Wheellog, swipe from the left border for the settings screen. Only the newest, custom Wheellog version from the forum thread here can change settings, the older Play Store one can't. Get it here:

(Be careful, it changes your wheel's settings as soon as you open the settings menu, it disabled my speed alarms for example.)

You can always use the older 1.X Gotway app, it's in the downloads here, it has the same effective functionality than the latest one and requires no login/connection etc.

On 6/5/2018 at 12:41 AM, Zach Bauer said:

Can do!

I got version 3.1 from the kebye website here, as I've seen a few forum posts from the last year stating this is the most recent version. With the wheel on and not connected to WheelLog, all I see is the screenshot attached. I mentioned WheelLog because it had no trouble finding and immediately connecting to the wheel as soon as I turned it on. I also can't find any config settings in WheelLog, only the current speed, a graph of real time amperage, and a few metrics, like battery percentage and temperature. 

I can;t think of anything else to add, home that helps!

Screenshot_Gotway_20180604-183342.png

I habe exactly the same screen and nothing happens, in two tested devices (Samsung + cubot)the same thing . what could be the Problem? 

Archived