Jump to content

Firmware 1.08 (ks14s)


Struck
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello to everybody!

This is my first message. I am a happy user of a brand new ks14s. Just a week old.

The firmware it came with is 1.04, I haven't been able to upgrade it for the past week, and just now it reports that version 1.08 is available.

Given that sometimes I have read that they have screwed up a little with firmwares, and since this one looks like brand new, do you have any information regarding this? I think I should upgrade just because I should move on from v1.04, which has the 50% battery limit activated.

 

So has anybody given a try to 1.08?

 

Thanks

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Struck said:

Hello to everybody!

This is my first message. I am a happy user of a brand new ks14s. Just a week old.

The firmware it came with is 1.04, I haven't been able to upgrade it for the past week, and just now it reports that version 1.08 is available.

Given that sometimes I have read that they have screwed up a little with firmwares, and since this one looks like brand new, do you have any information regarding this? I think I should upgrade just because I should move on from v1.04, which has the 50% battery limit activated.

 

So has anybody given a try to 1.08?

 

Thanks

I updated mine to 1.05 to get rid of the battery limitation, and it has been working great. I have not updated beyond that for the same reasons that you're concerned about :cry2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just recently a pop up stating that there is an update for my KS14D - I have a 14S. It states my firmware is 1.07 - which it is, and the new firmware is 1.05. 

Nothing make sense and I was riding at that moment so I closed the app. 

I’ll try again later and see if the pop up shows again and I’ll get a screenshot. 

Edit: Attached screenshot, it doesn’t say what version the new firmware is and it’s listing my 14S as 14D

EC7E0B85-6AC2-41CE-B445-6FDC9BEC8B2B.png

Edited by Rotciv
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I updated mine to 1.05 to get rid of the battery limitation, and it has been working great. I have not updated beyond that for the same reasons that you're concerned about :cry2:

So happy that you are the first one to comment on my first message!! ?. I think every time I have looked for something specific around KingSong 14D or 14S, there was a thread were you have always given insightful comments!!

I am kind of worried because the bluetooth does fail so many times to stablish connection... Also, the new features list is not clear.

 

 

6 hours ago, Rotciv said:

Just recently a pop up stating that there is an update for my KS14D - I have a 14S. It states my firmware is 1.07 - which it is, and the new firmware is 1.05. 

Nothing make sense and I was riding at that moment so I closed the app. 

I’ll try again later and see if the pop up shows again and I’ll get a screenshot. 

Edit: Attached screenshot, it doesn’t say what version the new firmware is and it’s listing my 14S as 14D

 

The seller of my store has explained to me that a 14S has the same "motherboard" as a 14D, so the difference is in the battery size:

The beginning serial number tells you about it:

KS14D1 - 170Wh / 340Wh. I am not sure

KS14D2 - 420 Wh

KS14D3 - 680Wh <-ks14s

KS14D4 - 820Wh <-ks14s

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Struck said:

The seller of my store has explained to me that a 14S has the same "motherboard" as a 14D, so the difference is in the battery size:

The beginning serial number tells you about it:

KS14D1 - 170Wh / 340Wh. I am not sure

KS14D2 - 420 Wh

KS14D3 - 680Wh <-ks14s

KS14D4 - 820Wh <-ks14s

That’s good to know…I wasn’t aware that they have the same control board. 

Perhaps @tinawong from Kingsong or @Jason McNeil with his contacts at Kingsong can provide more details about the new firmware like what version, what’s new or changes, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, I am on 14D for 5 months, updated to 1.07 3 weeks ago. Rode 100km with 1.07, and nothing special to report except maybe one thing : it seems that 1.07 is supposed to bring a « newly battery voltage  calibration display » according to the update screen, and I have to say that I see now a significant difference between the Kingsong app and Darnessbot app regarding not the voltage but the % of remaining battery. Right now for exemple The KS app says 92% / 64.8V while Darknessbot app says 87% and 64.77%

I don’t remember having observed such % difference under 1.04 (did I ever check this ? I don’t know).

I have been prompted to update to 1.08 yesterday also (you see it is 1.08 when you access the update menu following device\more\firmware update path on the KS App but you cannot find anything about the changes / improvements you will get)

I haven’t try to update so far, waiting for the 14S owners to do it first ? A tout seigneur tout honneur as we say in French...

Any idea regarding the battery % difference ?

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

The v1.07 is a new update, will be confirming if they are indeed using split 14S/14D firmware on this revision level.

Please provide us some clarifications. It seems 1.08 was recently released but without specifying what changed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I upgraded by mistake lol.
It still works ?, but haven't ridden it yet for long enough to say anything.

You can put a percent of the battery = X volts, but now imagine that you have twice as many cells, then it is unfair to rate it with the same volt-% scale, since twice the cell count at 52V are for sure safer to ride than just half of it at 52V.

I think this has to do with safety, more than pure capacity. I would consider 51V = 0% on one case (more chances for the wheel to turn off), but if you have double cells, maybe it is safe to say there is still a 5% left.

 

Did I explain myself? ?

 

Cheers!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2018 at 3:29 PM, Olpop said:

I see now a significant difference between the Kingsong app and Darnessbot app regarding not the voltage but the % of remaining battery.

DarknessBot developer explained that his app can only see the actual voltage. DB calculates the % in a simple linear scale, while the KingSong app calculates the % differently. He didn't seem interested in making DB to show the same percentages as the KS app.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jason,

Any info or update from KS on the 1.08 FW push i.e., is it specific to the 14D, 14S, or both.

I have never updated the FW on my 14D and thought it might be time.  But, I'll wait for additional info.  Hey, if it ain't broke...

T.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, bit the bullet and upgraded to 1.08 (KS-14D).  As stated above no difference noted.  Oddly though, I updated using the iOS KS app because I couldn't get the android app (old one for unlocking) to work.  I'll give the FW a good workout this weekend.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

... code optimization maybe or something like that.
I have 1.08 (and
little problems during the upgrade from 1.02 to 1.08).

I'm satisfied   :thumbup:

Edited by Kalmar
corrections
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I upgraded to 1.09 and surprise, with app v1.50 my wheel is disco wheel now ;)
"music spectrum" is new feature (firmware v1.08 and above + 1.50 app). LED's are VU meter now.

The limiter is like before (v1.08). It's ok.

 

Now i understand the description of the new features :)

v1.08
new spectrum switch (can switch on/off by the latest version APP)
when playing music, led display battery condition at unicycle still for 1,5 seconds

v1.09
adjust the RGB spectrum sensivity.
APP shows the battery over-voltage and low-voltage state
after unicycle power on the fan will rotate 3 seconds to do automatically test.

 

 

KS14D_MusicSpectrum.jpg

 

 

Edited by Kalmar
video
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the music spectrum, even though I don't fully understand how to make it work. Is it triggered after sending music with a considerable volume for some time? I have to test it to understand why sometimes it turns on and why sometimes it does not.

BUT!!! I would never ride with the music out loud. For me the KS14 is a portable speaker too, but only when I think it is appropriate to use it.

 

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the signal level is too low, it does not turn on.

Quote

BUT!!! I would never ride with the music out loud. For me the KS14 is a portable speaker too, but only when I think it is appropriate to use it.

:thumbup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...