My MCM5 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Zero need to squeeze the shell when climbing (which is a good thing since the shell can't be squeezed).

Well, shoot. I couldn't have known back when I was ordering my V10F as my second wheel, but I'm not liking the whole side pad experience, as nice as the V10's pads are. Granted, I've only got a few hours on the machine, and I'm still optimistic that I can tame it to my liking, but my difficulties adjusting to it make me really jealous of your MCM5. The most MTen3-like ride possible in a 14"+ wheel with a tready tire? Yes, please!

Fingers crossed for a bonus I might get at work in a couple months :)

Edited by beast@tanagra
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

Ditto,  I just bought the V10F myself and have mixed feelings on it.   It's better than a lot of the EUC's out there and that I've ridden, but it drives and stops like an SUV, and it's having issues here in the hot Texas weather for me over heating on hills with my 210 pound + gear frame (not sure if it is just mine or all v10F's).   I can tell you mTen3 and the KingSongs I've ridden have no issues on the hill, and (so far in the heat).

So I think I'm looking to replace the V10F with something more fun and small and suitable for me.   Would love to know that this one handled say 230 pounds of payload (3 litter Camelbak, safety gear, lockup chain, etc).

You might wanna consider Monster 100V, yes they are pricy but they are incredible machines. I ride the 84V .

8 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

You might wanna consider Monster 100V, yes they are pricy but they are incredible machines. I ride the 84V .

In Mike's case, he says that he's looking for something small, which I think eliminates the Monster :)

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

Why are there no EUC Pro Models? Marty could have one and some others. 

Probably because there aren't any EUC Pros :lol:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This is the most amazing mountain trail wheel that I've ever ridden! I'm not exaggerating. The MCM5 climbed Overheat Hill in record time and barely started breathing hard. The board temperature climbed ~10-degrees, and if I remember correctly, was at 52-degrees at the top of the hill. This is the same hill that has overheated every wheel that I've tried, and blew the fuse on @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" KS16B. Amazing.

I presume that it's the because of the smaller wheel diameter? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I presume that it's the because of the smaller wheel diameter? 

Only in part. My KS14S climbed these hills much slower and over-heated halfway up the hill. I believe it's due to the 14-inch wheel in combination with a 1500w motor (stronger than the original ACM), 84-volts, and drive electronics.

12 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Wow that MCM5 turned out to be quite the mini-might of torquey wheels!   That overheat alarm is a bit annoying though.  Sounds just like a phone ringing!

I think MCM stands for Mountain Climbing Marty 5!

Too bad they didn't put a couple of rows of white 5050 LEDs up front behind the air scoops and some red ones in the back instead of the scoops being just decorative.  They could have also made an opening for a stationary handle on the one side and made the other half the extendable trolley.

It looks like a fun wheel that competes with the KS14 market share, just what you were hoping for all this time!  See, Gotway IS listening... :ph34r:  Now just watch.  Built-in BT speakers are next followed by the Ninebot Z killer with the fat offroading tire.... the Gotway Phantom6!

Gotway is really dominating in 2018 it seems!  

Indeed

Wow that MCM5 turned out to be quite the mini-might of torquey wheels!   That overheat alarm is a bit annoying though.  Sounds just like a phone ringing!

I think MCM stands for Mountain Climbing Marty 5!

Too bad they didn't put a couple of rows of white 5050 LEDs up front behind the air scoops and some red ones in the back instead of the scoops being just decorative.  They could have also made an opening for a stationary handle on the one side and made the other half the extendable trolley.

It looks like a fun wheel that competes with the KS14 market share, just what you were hoping for all this time!  See, Gotway IS listening... :ph34r:  Now just watch.  Built-in BT speakers are next followed by the Ninebot Z killer with the fat offroading tire.... the Gotway Phantom6!

Indeed

Gotway is really dominating in 2018 it seems!  And for just $14.99 per minute I can dominate any bad, bad boys out there.  VISA/MC accepted.  :whistling:

how about ... no? ? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:efefa07c43:  A girl's gotta eat.  Plus get a new iPhone!  You don't know how annoying and difficult it is dealing with iPhone 6 touch disease.  Plus I'm so hungry you can see my poor ribs in this photo:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_4342.jpg

wait a minute... she definitely is not a connoisseur of Gravitos... :confused1: I sense a bait and switch here. :blink:

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

See, this one's even got a hole in it! :efeec46606:

Hide contents

IMG_4343.jpg

Isn't that specially designed for your tail? :innocent1:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My MCM5 arrives today and after all of your excellent tests and reviews I can now just sit back and enjoy it.  :) 

Great! Waiting on your feedback! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Mary :blink:?  I guess I'm not the only one to be gender transitioning on the forums?  Mary BackeTM Corporation.  Hmm has a ring to it.  Would appeal to the female demographic I think.

Love it

• Like 1