My MCM5 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

When my Z arrives it will be bittersweet for me. Exciting to have the wheel again, but sad that it's the last wheel that I buy for at least a year. I'm going to force myself to make do with my 10-wheels :facepalm:

:roflmao:   :cheers:   I will be at 6, and 7 if I get the MSX... quite sufficient I say.... LOL

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Xena's sister may stop by for a visit(permanent)... lets see how I like the acm... :efefb6a84e:

Since the Teslas upper pad bothers you, you will LOVE ACM2.  I didn't know how good ACM2 was (always liked it) until I've increased the stable and tried other wheels.  Even though ACM2 looks dated when you ride it, it's virtues stands out.  Only thing about the ACM2 is the pedal height, you need to watch out for but as of late I'm not scraping it as much as I used to. ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

:roflmao:   :cheers:   I will be at 6, and 7 if I get the MSX... quite sufficient I say.... LOL

I have a feeling once @Marty Backe gets his MSX videos out, consider you've got the fork in you to turn another wheel to your stable MSX... :laughbounce2:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark Lee said:

Since the Teslas upper pad bothers you, you will LOVE ACM2.  I didn't know how good ACM2 was (always liked it) until I've increased the stable and tried other wheels.  Even though ACM2 looks dated when you ride it, it's virtues stands out.  Only thing about the ACM2 is the pedal height, you need to watch out for but as of late I'm not scraping it as much as I used to. ;)

I am sure I will get used to all the wheels... I am glad I traded the 18S for the ACM... now that wheel takes some real commitment to get used too... it's all about time... mrelwood had quite the evolution on his new wheel (MSX), went from hatred to spokesman... LOL

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

I have a feeling once @Marty Backe gets his MSX videos out, consider you've got the fork in you to turn another wheel to your stable MSX... :laughbounce2:

I probably agree... the only thing is if I really love the ACM with the 1600 WH, that would be my distance wheel which is not something I do frequently, so we will see... not a money thing, just if i will use it or not, and I want to see if I fall in love with the Z also... :thumbup:

• Like 2

Just now, Marcglider said:

I probably agree... the only thing is if I really love the ACM with the 1600 WH, that would be my distance wheel which is not something I do frequently, so we will see... not a money thing, just if i will use it or not, and I want to see if I fall in love with the Z also... :thumbup:

I understand but MSXena is such a smooth fine lady( ask @mrelwood).  Marty will fix you so you will have bigger sister to ACM2. :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Let’s see how long such New Years Eve attitude lasts. :facepalm: I had similar thoughts after I ordered the Tesla ... and then came the Z10....

EUCs are like potatoe chips: One is not enough! ? 

Correction for @Marty Backe TEN is not enough... :blink:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Good thing my username isn't Marka Marka Burning Love or else I'd have to keep up with the Mar's brothers wheel buying spree.  :whistling:  Mar-k Lee, Mar-ty, Mar-cglider.   The rest of us non-Mars keep only a few wheels in our arsenal.   :efef895ddd:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

In other words: we all haven’t found the one wheel that satisfies our needs 100% - THE ONE, that rules them all! 

Since weight and trolley handle are no issue for me personally, the Z10 may very well become that ONE (for me). ?  

I'm happy for you that you've found THE ONE... As for me variety, options and back-ups to things I love is where I like to be... :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

I'm happy for you that you've found THE ONE... As for me variety, options and back-ups to things I love is where I like to be... :whistling:

All hail to variety! ... and and and ... and of course, I am not going to give away any of my five other wheels either ... :whistling:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toshio Uemura said:

In other words: we all haven’t found the one wheel that satisfies our needs 100% - THE ONE, that rules them all! 

Since weight and trolley handle are no issue for me personally, the Z10 may very well become that ONE (for me). ?  

You still like your Tesla?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Yes, I do. It is a very smooth ride, as if having suspension, compared to the Z10. But it is a bit grapefruits and ? oranges as you once said. Yet, the Z10 is just sooo ? cool, and I saw the tears in your ? in your last video, when you had to part with the Z...:whistling:

And now, if someone whould ask the often asked question: if you could have only one wheel, which whould it be?

the answer would be Z10 without a second of hesitation. When I got the Tesla first, this answer was not that definite, because I still like the MSuper V3s+ as much as the Tesla. They are two sides of a coin. The Z10 covers them both, so the answer became obvious. That’s the best I can answer your question.

Well said :cheers:

I do look forward to getting my Z10. I suspect it's going to be October :(

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Well said :cheers:

I do look forward to getting my Z10. I suspect it's going to be October :(

Does I t take that long?!! ? Unbearable! ?  In the meantime, I will think of you, when I ride mine. ?....  :cheers: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Does I t take that long?!! ? Unbearable! ?  In the meantime, I will think of you, when I ride mine. ?....  :cheers: 

Thanks, I appreciate that :angry:

:D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I think 25-mph is the top-end of this wheel, so you'll be on the hairy edge to achieve that, and you better not have any headwind and 80-percent battery might be too low already.

I use WheelLog to monitor my speed (which still uses Gotway's telemetry). I would use a speedometer app to get a more accurate speed.

The MCM5 is a very fast 14-inch wheel, but if your goal is to be traveling at 25-mph, it's not the wheel of choice.

I think you are about right Marty, I've hit 26/27mph on the GPS with the triple beep engaging pretty consistently (and that's on a 210-230 pound payload in my testing), and frankly that's too fast for my blood on such a wheel anyway as I ride with a higher tire pressure, and bumps in the road and such can cause your feet to left from the peddles (and with nothing to grip with the calves...)  anyway I'm happy keeping the speed to about 22 on the MCM5.    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Paolini said:

I think you are about right Marty, I've hit 26/27mph on the GPS with the triple beep engaging pretty consistently (and that's on a 210-230 pound payload in my testing), and frankly that's too fast for my blood on such a wheel anyway as I ride with a higher tire pressure, and bumps in the road and such can cause your feet to left from the peddles (and with nothing to grip with the calves...)  anyway I'm happy keeping the speed to about 22 on the MCM5.    

Good, and I agree with your sentiments :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks, I appreciate that :angry:

:D

So I kept my word and made these short clips for you tonight at Osaka Castle Park. Did you see them already?

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 3