My MCM5 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

9 hours ago, Thai-lad said:

I can't seem to find any consistent information about the weight of the MCM5, especially the 650 watt version.  Could someone put one on a scale and actually weigh it?

I just got my FedEx notification on my MCM5 shipment... I will have it Friday... I can weigh it for you but i have the 800 battery so it will be slightly heavier than the 650 version you are looking for...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thai-lad said:

I can't seem to find any consistent information about the weight of the MCM5, especially the 650 watt version.  Could someone put one on a scale and actually weigh it?

37.0 lbs according to my bathroom scale.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

37.0 lbs according to my bathroom scale.

Whoa, back up here for a second.

The MCM5 is the same weight as the KS16s? The MCM5 is really 37 pounds?

?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

AAHH... The cost of performance....?

Actually I just looked up my Segway S1. It's 25 pounds.

So I guess an extra 12 pounds isn't too bad.

46 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Weighed again for you:

MCM5 650 wh 37.6 lb

ACM2 1600 wh 45.8 lb

Sorry just woke up...

Thanks for the info.  Kind of rules it out for my own commute, then, as I just can't see going up and down 2 flights of office stairs twice a day (morning/evening and lunch time) carrying that much weight, especially in this hot and humid climate.  Too bad, looks like it would have been a great choice otherwise.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Thai-lad said:

Thanks for the info.  Kind of rules it out for my own commute, then, as I just can't see going up and down 2 flights of office stairs twice a day (morning/evening and lunch time) carrying that much weight, especially in this hot and humid climate.  Too bad, looks like it would have been a great choice otherwise.

Since MCM5 is too heavy for you, take a look at Mten3 512 wh (22lb) from Gotway.  Mten3 is a special fun wheel.  Read about it on this forum.  If you have any questions about Mten3 ask on Mten3 thread... :cheers: 

• Like 1

@Mark Lee seems like just when I have all my purchases sorted out... someone has to bring up another wheel I want (Mten3)...

I just got confirmation from Jason about 20 mins ago... I am trading out my 18S for a ACMv2 1600 and putting in my order for a Z10... can you cut me a little slack on talking about anything else for a few hours at least... LOL  :w00t2:   :cheers:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

@Mark Lee seems like just when I have all my purchases sorted out... someone has to bring up another wheel I want (Mten3)...

I just got confirmation from Jason about 20 mins ago... I am trading out my 18S for a ACMv2 1600 and putting in my order for a Z10... can you cut me a little slack on talking about anything else for a few hours at least... LOL  :w00t2:   :cheers:

Dude you will LOVE ACM2, last night I've crossed 500 miles mark on it...  It's a great wheel, didn't really know until I increased the stable lol... I have a feeling once I get the MSX, it will be a fight between two ladies which will get more attention... :w00t2:  One built for speed and one for a comfort... :D

p.s.  Maybe this Christmas I will get to know fat bottom girl too.  :roflmao: 

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Dude you will LOVE ACM2, last night I've crossed 500 miles mark on it...  It's a great wheel, didn't really know until I increased the stable lol... I have a feeling once I get the MSX, it will be a fight between two ladies which will get more attention... :D

SO... ALL I ASK IS FOR YOU NOT TO SAY ANYTHING FOR A LITTLE WHILE.... MSX has to be in your post within 10 mins????... If I order one, I am sending you the bill and giving my accountant your cell number... LOL :facepalm:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

SO... ALL I ASK IS FOR YOU NOT TO SAY ANYTHING FOR A LITTLE WHILE.... MSX has to be in your post within 10 mins????... If I order one, I am sending you the bill and giving my accountant your cell number... LOL :facepalm:

By the way you need a new doctor, the 18 inch anti venom you been getting is a snake oil... :laughbounce2:  I thought you had no interest in 18 inch wheels.  :whistling:

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

By the way you need a new doctor, the 18 inch anti venom you been getting is a snake oil...  I thought you had no interest in 18 inch wheels.  :whistling:

the acm will be my distance wheel and the Z will be my Niche toy... yesterday me and @JES hit a BMX track, I was on my 16S and bit the dust 3 times in the sand... So... Z it is... :efeee20b79:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Lee said:

Dude you will LOVE ACM2, last night I've crossed 500 miles mark on it...  It's a great wheel, didn't really know until I increased the stable lol... I have a feeling once I get the MSX, it will be a fight between two ladies which will get more attention... :w00t2:  One built for speed and one for a comfort... :D

p.s.  Maybe this Christmas I will get to know fat bottom girl too.  :roflmao: 

You guys are making me envious with all of your wheel purchases. I don't have anything more to buy, so I'm stuck with what I have for awhile :(

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, stephen said:

i hope the msx is built for speed and comfort that's why I've ordered it ?

Trust me, it is. In every way :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, stephen said:

Ooooh I'm smiling again ?????

hate waiting though

Does it day 30-days to get through your customs? Maybe it's in quarantine :lol: 

On 7/28/2018 at 6:37 PM, Marty Backe said:

6-oz  I think I put 4-oz in my MSuper and 8-oz in the Monster. Split the difference. This isn't a science, but that's what I'm going with.

Slime's new labeling

slime 5

• Like 2