My MCM5 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

5 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Now I have 150 miles on MCM5, there is some magic with 14" wheel with this much power.  The agility, size, weight and power makes MCM5 most useful wheel in my stable (Mten3, KS14s, ACM2 and MCM5).  It took me a while to get use to this wheel but now it's getting better and better as I ride.  I do envy those of you who will get 800wh MCM5.  I will strongly recommend this wheel for the commuters... :D

Now I feel much better... :efefe00999: still a month away... actually it gives me time to rock on my Tesla for a while before she gets neglected like my other Ladies after a short time... LOL 

@Mark Lee not sure where in Utah u live, but there is some good flying near Provo at Point Of The Mountain... may have to visit some time... :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Marcglider said:

Now I feel much better... :efefe00999: still a month away... actually it gives me time to rock on my Tesla for a while before she gets neglected like my other Ladies after a short time... LOL 

@Mark Lee not sure where in Utah u live, but there is some good flying near Provo at Point Of The Mountain... may have to visit some time... :)

I know exactly where Point of the Mountain is, I live ~50 miles North.  Great place for Hangliders and Paragliders.  For the Sail plane there is place by Heber.  My problem is limited time, need to retire from my 9 to 5 job ASAP lol.  A month will flash by while you are getting more ride time on your new Tesla, I still would love to try it some day.  You will love MCM5 will be worth the wait... ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, I'm still waiting on my MCM5, though I'm told it lands in the US Thursday.

Thanks for the update, I'm still waiting on my MCM5, though I'm told it lands in the US Thursday.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Was yours coming via the slow boat? If so, that means my MSX is also arriving.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Was yours coming via the slow boat? If so, that means my MSX is also arriving.

@Jason McNeil sent out MSX/KS18L shipping and order update, check your email.  It's scheduled to arrive into port on the 21st.  Being in LA you should get yours any day... :w00t2:

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

Also saw an update saying the Z10's would be delayed a month (everywhere) because they broke a mould.   That being said, it looks like a few places are advertising them in stock, but charging a premium.  (I plunked a deposit down on the Z10 thinking it would be neat as an 18" in my stable)

@Marty Backe Could use an updates on the Z10 and/or some more MCM5 goodness to get me through the waiting period as we all live vicariously through your collection.  :)  Also whatever happened with that high elevation ride and your heavier guest rider that was being planned?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Lee said:

@Jason McNeil sent out MSX/KS18L shipping and order update, check your email.  It's scheduled to arrive into port on the 21st.  Being in LA you should get yours any day... :w00t2:

Yeah, I saw that e-mail, when the ship was somewhere in the Pacific. Hopefully it really did arrive in port on the 21st. Add customs, wearhouse activities, etc., I may get mine before the end of next week.

With my luck it'll arrive at the house on Friday when I'll be in a car driving to San Fran for group ride. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Also saw an update saying the Z10's would be delayed a month (everywhere) because they broke a mould.   That being said, it looks like a few places are advertising them in stock, but charging a premium.  (I plunked a deposit down on the Z10 thinking it would be neat as an 18" in my stable)

@Marty Backe Could use an updates on the Z10 and/or some more MCM5 goodness to get me through the waiting period as we all live vicariously through your collection.  :)  Also whatever happened with that high elevation ride and your heavier guest rider that was being planned?

I've been riding the Z10 exclusively (all my other wheels, including the MCM5, are suffering).

I cancelled the Z10 trip up Mount Wilson, with @maltocs, because of high temperatures in the region. The ride would have been very unpleasant.

I'm not doing anymore stress test type rides because I now know the limitations of my pre-production Z10. It's too susceptible to overheating and doesn't have enough torque to deal with tough hills.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've been riding the Z10 exclusively (all my other wheels, including the MCM5, are suffering).

I cancelled the Z10 trip up Mount Wilson, with @maltocs, because of high temperatures in the region. The ride would have been very unpleasant.

I'm not doing anymore stress test type rides because I now know the limitations of my pre-production Z10. It's too susceptible to overheating and doesn't have enough torque to deal with tough hills.

Your videos show that the Z10 is not as powerful as the Gotways, but that it is still an impressive performer.  Has @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" got a chance to ride it?  Maybe before or after his ACM overheated on the hill?

I wonder if Ninebot engineers turned off the beeper in that wheel through the firmware, knowing that there would be a lot of annoying beeping from all the hard testing?  :roflmao:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

POLYGAMY...  LEGAL, ALIVE AND WELL IN THE UNI-WORLD... :clap3:

:laughbounce2:  Just might have to marry a Z10 this Christmas.  :w00t2:

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

My MSX shipped Friday and it's scheduled for delivery today (Saturday). Yeah for living in Los Angeles :thumbup:

mines still in customs from speedy?

• Like 1

My MSX shipped Friday and it's scheduled for delivery today (Saturday). Yeah for living in Los Angeles :thumbup:

It's all fine and good until no one's home for signature confirmation, esp on a Friday or Saturday. But like you said, you aren't overly excited about the MSX while the fun fat (tire) chick is in town. ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, maltocs said:

It's all fine and good until no one's home for signature confirmation, esp on a Friday or Saturday. But like you said, you aren't overly excited about the MSX while the fun fat (tire) chick is in town. ?

Fortunately my wife was home to sign for it while I was riding the Fullerton Loop with @n2eus and Mike :D

Just need to connect the batteries, Slime the tire, and charge her up. Probably take it for a 40-mile break-in ride tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just need to connect the batteries, Slime the tire, and charge her up. Probably take it for a 40-mile break-in ride tomorrow.

hope your going to do a little video for us first ???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Fortunately my wife was home to sign for it while I was riding the Fullerton Loop with @n2eus and Mike :D

Got the shipping notification from Fed Ex for mine, due here on Tuesday. :clap3: How many ounces of Slim are you putting in MSX tire? :confused1:

• Like 1