Kingsong KS18L, will it Marty or Rehab or not?

Unventor

Ok so long story short....

I am happy with my Inmotion V8 so far...but so far only reach that far if you get my drift. This brings me to already look for next in line purchase and research to what be a suitable 2nd touring wheel with more comfort absortion.

So I woulder if @Marty Backe or @Rehab1 or someone else are having talks with Kingsong to make a serious review of the upcoming KS18L?

I thing Inmotion did a smart marketing job by being present here and provide test samples to get review here. It just shows how confident they are in their product. Good job @Bobwheel ?

I am however not impressed by their app but that is another matter. ?

So if any have some input here....please share ??

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Ok so long story short....

I am happy with my Inmotion V8 so far...but so far only reach that far if you get my drift. This brings me to already look for next in line purchase and research to what be a suitable 2nd touring wheel with more comfort absortion.

So I woulder if @Marty Backe or @Rehab1 or someone else are having talks with Kingsong to make a serious review of the upcoming KS18L?

I thing Inmotion did a smart marketing job by being present here and provide test samples to get review here. It just shows how confident they are in their product. Good job @Bobwheel ?

I am however not impressed by their app but that is another matter. ?

So if any have some input here....please share ??

I'd love to test the 18L but I've never heard of them loaning out review units.

36 minutes ago, Duf said:

I'd be happy to put it through the 13 mile alligator swamp course. ;)

Only if we see more ? and less swamp.?

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I’m not that honored. @Jason McNeil I’m sure will be reviewing it with other members including @Marty Backe.  

Minor disaster on the 18L front: Wheel arrived, but during transit, the [poorly designed] foam pressed against power button, causing it to turn on & burn the board out ? Report to following later this evening.

Sent the Z10 out to @houseofjob today; after he's had it for a couple days, the Wheel's itinerary is going to be down FL with @Duf,then to Colton in CO, finally to @Marty Backe & back to MIA. Once the 18L has been resuscitated, plan to send it on a similar sightseeing sojourn. 

9 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Minor disaster on the 18L front: Wheel arrived, but during transit, the [poorly designed] foam pressed against power button, causing it to turn on & burn the board out ? Report to following later this evening.

Sent the Z10 out to @houseofjob today; after he's had it for a couple days, the Wheel's itinerary is going to be down FL with @Duf,then to Colton in CO, finally to @Marty Backe & back to MIA. Once the 18L has been resuscitated, plan to send it on a similar sightseeing sojourn. 

? was looking forward to testing it out.  But no matter, I think that is the only wheel I trust, so will be getting one regardless.  

I’ve not been looking forward to the Z10 since reading all the luke warm opinions of the beta testers.  What is your take on the z10?

52 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Good thing you find this issue now instead of bunch of customers receiving DOA units

10 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Very cool Jason. I like that itinerary. Should get some nice varied perspectives. I appreciate you including me :clap3: 

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Am I wrong to be a bit alarmed about the fact that pressing or keeping the power button pressed may burn the board?

Yes. I would have hoped the various protections would have prevented this. Either the fuse, or overheat shutdown, or max speed shutdown. 

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Very cool Jason. I like that itinerary. Should get some nice varied perspectives. I appreciate you including me :clap3: 

Should get a thorough test ;)

On 5/31/2018 at 11:29 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Can’t wait to see a picture of the box if the wheel reached cut-off speed inside it ??

On 5/31/2018 at 9:09 PM, Rehab1 said:

I’m not that honored. @Jason McNeil I’m sure will be reviewing it with other members including @Marty Backe.  

Good stuff Rehab, gonna follow both yours and marty's review as soon as they come in.

Have been looking at this wheel myself, want a new wheel within 1 - 3 month or something like that and totally clueless to what I should get?

Been reading in the forum here and several questions but none the wiser, instead getting only harder + do not wish to hog the thread all for myself but yeah looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

Good stuff Rehab, gonna follow both yours and marty's review as soon as they come in.

Have been looking at this wheel myself, want a new wheel within 1 - 3 month or something like that and totally clueless to what I should get?

Been reading in the forum here and several questions but none the wiser, instead getting only harder + do not wish to hog the thread all for myself but yeah looking forward to it.

So what do you want from a new wheel? And is there something more than just driving you are looking for?

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I love how this itinerary can be construed as "Marty last, in case he fries it! Look what happened to the V10!":efeebb3acc:

I doubt @Marty Backe will be frying any of the new King Song's.  They seem to take their time engineering and testing their units before shipping out.

From what I've read so far, I have no doubt the NB Z10 will be fried or at least a big disappointment on the mountain climbs.

having just recently passed the 200 km mark on my ks18s, which is about 200 trips up and down my driveway, so i can unlock the full speed of the wheel,(not that i go over 20 mph hardly ever), i wish kingsng would not have a 200km limit on every frigging 18” wheel u buy from them. 

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

having just recently passed the 200 km mark on my ks18s, which is about 200 trips up and down my driveway, so i can unlock the full speed of the wheel,(not that i go over 20 mph hardly ever), i wish kingsng would not have a 200km limit on every frigging 18” wheel u buy from them. 

Welcome to the KingSong Speed Limiter Haters Club :)

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Welcome to the KingSong Speed Limiter Haters Club :)

i’m gonna try to talk to @Flora Yuan about this. so at 201km, not 200km btw, u have to log in if ur already registered with them, and then change the speed limit. their apps barely work if ur clever with workarounds, and the guy that just did 201km, has to start from scratch when he wants to buy a new wheel? 

must be a plan to decrease sales volume, factory can’t keep up.

I did a very short and therefore incomplete test of the KS-18L in Paris.

• It's very easy to accelerate. There are some Tesla feelings.
  • You can drive it really  naturally (like Tesla. I think Msuper3 is a little bit un-natural to drive)
  • The maneuverability is very good. Really surprising for me. I'm familiar with a Msuper3 820Wh and I love my Msuper3 but this KS-18L is really interesting.
  • I'm not familiar with kingsong's wheel behaviour. I have 2 gotways. Anyway, I feel comfortable on this wheel. 

I'm sorry I cannot tell you more. it was a very short test.

1 hour ago, koto said:

• You can drive it really  naturally (like Tesla. I think Msuper3 is a little bit un-natural to drive)
  • The maneuverability is very good. Really surprising for me. I'm familiar with a Msuper3 820Wh and I love my Msuper3 but this KS-18L is really interesting.
  • I'm not familiar with kingsong's wheel behaviour. I have 2 gotways. Anyway, I feel comfortable on this wheel. 

Koto, you make very good videos, glad you are on this forum, feedback is much appreciated,  Merci!!!?

4 hours ago, koto said:

Thanks, the in-natural feeling you get from the Msuper is because it is designed wrong.  So your brain has to do extra to get it to work properly.  I think it has to do with the unusual weight distribution.  Top heavy. King songs don’t have this design flaw.  Plus the stance of the new msuper’s Is also in-naturally wide.  But funny not all gotway is like this.  I had chance to ride the Tesla and it was great.  

Cant wait for Jason to fix the demo and send it up here to NY for a group test.

Archived