Southern California Cogswell Dam - June 2nd 2018

Join me and @JrKline "Wheel Whisperer as we make our 2nd attempt at the complete Cogswell Dam | Rincon trail loop. It's a 25 to 30 mile loop that will require a 1600wh or greater wheel. However, the first leg of this trail is the beautiful 9-mile paved section that follows along the beginnings of the San Gabriel River and can be done on a ~800wh wheel. So please feel free to join us for the first part. You'll never believe that you are in Southern California.

Departure will occur ~8am. For planning purposes, the drive is ~30 minutes from the intersection of the 605 & 210 freeways.

See here for one of our last rides, including a video of the ride:

Please pay attention to the notes at the beginning of the post linked to above. It tells you where we will meet.

Please respond to this post so that we will know that you are coming. There is ZERO cell phone coverage at this location.

You will need a $5 Angeles National Forest Day Pass unless you want to risk receiving a $100 parking ticket. They can be purchased at Big 5 Sporting stores and other locations. See this link for additional information:

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou @YoshiSkySun @NBC44 @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" @Stan Onymous @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype 

@serfy @n2eus @Williepimpin @Peter Q @Jon Sawa @Mike Hanna @maltocs @1Wheeler

@Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype @n2eus @Peter Q

@noisycarlos, @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer",and I made the Cogswell trek today. @noisycarlos could only join us during the first 8-mile leg of the journey. Jeff and I ended up successfully traversing the Cogswell Dam / Rincon loop. We rode for 5-hours and 45-minutes, covering 45-miles and a total altitude gain of 4900-feet. My 1600wh ACM2 ended the day with 45% battery. Half the mountain ride was essentially energy free :clap3:

Here we are at the conclusion of the ride. Exhausted, but an epic ride.

IMG_20180602_135957519

Geo-Tracker-2018-06-02-17-13-39

Flintstone vitamins for the win!  Although.... :efef927839:  no free brand endorsements!  Bayer :efef6b27e5:

Glad to see you guys made it in one piece.  Too bad no @Ando Melkonyan.  Does  @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" even drink water?  Is he a machine?  I don't even see a backpack on him. 

20 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Flintstone vitamins for the win!  Although.... :efef927839:  no free brand endorsements!  Bayer :efef6b27e5:

Glad to see you guys made it in one piece.  Too bad no @Ando Melkonyan.  Does  @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" even drink water?  Is he a machine?  I don't even see a backpack on him. 

Fear not, @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" is human :) He had already unpacked from the ride when I dragged him in for a picture.

25 minutes ago, noisycarlos said:

I guess besides the video thread, this is also a good place to put this... 

Funny video snippet Carlos, and perfect thumbnail :thumbup:

Archived