Gotway Tesla Creaking Shell? FIX

i had a problem where my tesla shell is making plastic creaking noices while shifting my weight. if any other having this problem

i have a fix!

may not work for everybody.

but try to loosen the screws holding the carbon sidepanels a little. it completely eliminated my issue. before it creaked like hell now. not a single sound

Not to alarm you, but often a creaking wheel when shifting weight means the axle shims/nuts are getting loose, which makes the pedal brackets move, which makes the shell creak. So maybe check if you see anything next time you open the wheel.

But maybe it's just the side panel:efee8319ab:

47 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not to alarm you, but often a creaking wheel when shifting weight means the axle shims/nuts are getting loose, which makes the pedal brackets move, which makes the shell creak. So maybe check if you see anything next time you open the wheel.

But maybe it's just the side panel:efee8319ab:

its just the side panel. i also was very alarmed when i hear the creaking. it was loud. after i put the wheel together last time. i thought that it would be the axle or something bad. but i noticed the sound didnt come when the side panels werent on.

the thing is if you tighten the screws too much the side panels flex a little. but if they are a little looser the screws it doesnt flex

so the reason i made this post was just to make people try this fix before opening and fiddling with the axle shims and nuts. when it could just be a few screws that were too tight

Archived