Pain in the sole

Carastro

Gellin like a felon.  Some dr.schols should help.  Sorry but had to say that.  I guess only Americans would understand that post.  I would assume after 4-5km most people would start feeling a little pain.  

Move your feet a bit, change your stance. If I get numb soles I stand on the heel on one foot and the toe on the other, hold that position for a while and then change it the other way. All without stopping. That would be the other way. step off the wheel walk a few steps, get back on. :)

Gellin like a felon.  Some dr.schols should help.  Sorry but had to say that.  I guess only Americans would understand that post.  I would assume after 4-5km most people would start feeling a little pain.  

depends on your Speed

(me = smartass)

Move your feet a bit, change your stance. If I get numb soles I stand on the heel on one foot and the toe on the other, hold that position for a while and then change it the other way. All without stopping. That would be the other way. step off the wheel walk a few steps, get back on. :)

@Jag_Rip gave me this advice a long time ago and it was the most helpful advice that I have received on this topic.  The heel-toe technique allows me to postpone the foot pain and numbness.  Eventually, however, the numbness wins.  But I can prolong my rides a great deal by doing heel-toe.   Thanks, Jag_Rip, or as I like to call you: Dash RipRock.  My thanks button is all used up for now, so verbal thanks. 

No soft shoes. Change you feeds from a II position to a V. So I mean the position of the foot on the pedal. Most use the style to be in parallel to the tire. Try the Charly Chaplin style. My wife had the same problem on the Ninebot after 1-2 km.

Good footwear,

Shift your feet around and adjust your weight from one to the other.

If all else fails stop and walk around a bit every so often.

It does get better over time and as you get used to it.

I've found that the riding surface matters a lot.  On flat roads or sidewalks I end up with pain sooner.  If I'm on cobblestones or uneven gravel or similar the bouncing keeps the pain away.  For this reason I often find myself aiming for manhole covers.  Like going for coins in Mario Brothers.  ;)

I did 25 km over the weekend, my longest trip so far by a long shot.  I had to stop a few times just to give my feet a rest.

I'm not quite ready for a full on dirt train with tree roots and such, but I'm close.  I think that will make my rides more enjoyable for the feet.

Archived