HELP! Strange noise in my V8

Toshio Uemura

My V8 suddenly started to make a strange and quite loud noise. (See video below). Does anybody know, where this could come from? Any help would be appreciated.

It all started a few days ago. Whe I was riding my V8 to work the other day I had no problem in the morning, but when I turned it on to ride back this strange noise suddenly appeared and I have no idea why. First I thought there is a stone or something inside, but when you shake it, there is nothing to hear. Could it be the bearings?

Did something like this happen to anybody else. Any thoughts how to fix it?

I remember some notices about the narrow clerance between wheel and shell of the v8. Maybe you put more pressure in the tire or the valve is slightly bended.

Hope you can fix the problem quickly. Good luck

Edited by Demargon
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Demargon said:

I remember some notices about the narrow clerance between wheel and shell of the v8. Maybe you put more pressure in the tire or the valve is slightly bended.

Hope you can fix the problem quickly. Good luck

Thank you! I will check this first thing tomorrow morning. Sounds like a possibility. Will keep you updated.

• Like 2

Kinda sounds like the valve stem hitting but I have heard bearings in general sound like that. Mark the tire with chalk or a marker. Does it make the noise in the same place each rotation? Yes- something on the wheel is hitting the body. No - could be bearing, axle or internal motor problem. I am no expert on EUC's but I do work with motors and large pulleys.

• Upvote 3

On 5/26/2018 at 9:59 AM, Toshio Uemura said:

My V8 suddenly started to make a strange and quite loud noise. (See video below). Does anybody know, where this could come from? Any help would be appreciated.

It all started a few days ago. Whe I was riding my V8 to work the other day I had no problem in the morning, but when I turned it on to ride back this strange noise suddenly appeared and I have no idea why. First I thought there is a stone or something inside, but when you shake it, there is nothing to hear. Could it be the bearings?

Did something like this happen to anybody else. Any thoughts how to fix it?

My INMOTION v10f had that similar problem check and see if something is wrong with the motor. Or it could be that there is an uneven space from the shell and the tire

Whatever it is isn't just an isolated incident if others are reporting it. It's not something I've come across before but watching the other videos it does look to be in one particular place? I see one of the vids linked says "weak axle" - that would seriously scare me after what happened with my old ACM. The way the EUC throws you down if the axle goes you've no chance and it's going to hurt even at low speed. I chipped my wrist, fractured my elbow and cracked a rib when my ACM axle broke.

Whatever it is I hope you get it sussed and sorted quickly and easily. Keep us posted please and stay safe :(  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

What sounds very strange to me is that BobWheel from InMotion said on the V10 post: "We found out one of the motor vendors have a high rate of bearing issue, and all the motors had been returned to them."

Means they already had the issue with the V8, and nothing was done by InMotion. Vendors had to fix it themselves by welding the axel to the wheel, since opposite to other brand, they are just force mounted by InMotion.

Now they have the same issue with the V10, opting for the same poor axle design and we should believe that InMotion is going to fix it???

That is a design issue, and the metal being to soft, it will collapse sooner or later, play increasing, with the pressure of the axle/bearing due to payload.

Edited by Fastmike
  • Like 1