Jump to content

AliExpress Green Fashion: International Gotway Dealer no longer?


houseofjob

Recommended Posts

I still don't pretend to understand what practical limitations there are to these geographical restrictions.  I guess the app won't register?  I hardly ever use the app on my two wheels, which I recognize isn't typical of the average user.  Then there are the third party apps that can circumvent whatever restrictions the manufacturers are trying to implement.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like Gotway is under some pressure by local, non-China based dealers to help protect the regional markets.  Issuing a statement "firing" a popular AliExpress dealer might help try to lessen other dealers' burden to offer support and parts for wheels obtained through this "grey market.".  Gotway used to sell to invidiuals directly from the factory if people were to wire transfer money to them.  I haven't heard anyone being able to do that lately.

People want the cheaper prices by ordering directly from China, but some don't realize that after-sales support might only be a swap of parts for a DIY repair.  They may be taxing the local dealers for their spare parts and help.  We've seen that one thread about someone complaining that their purchase was cancelled because they didn't get their wheel locally.

China AliEx companies are pretty smart though so there's probably going to be ways of getting around the Gotway attempt at regional blocking.  It could be just a gesture by Gotway to try to placate upset foreign dealers feeling the sales dent AliEx sales cause.  In the end Gotway likely gains as much monetarily from selling to Chinese resellers as foreign ones.

Disclaimer:  These statements are purely conjecture and not to be taken as fact.  I have no evidence to back any of these claims.  I live in my parents' basement so feel free to make up your own opinions.  :whistling:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A large part of what you said is a factual situation. Gotway wanted manufacturers to sell electric unicycles directly to the entire market. China is just a start. Next will be all dealers in Europe and elsewhere. They will stop supplying or raising prices. Many people now buy products directly from the Gothway factory, which means that they did not really want to do a good job of the entire market. Green fashon's after-sales service is better than the European market, and many buyers have a deep understanding. This is obviously a comical statement. Green Fashion has become the beginning of the goto dictatorship!

There are two gotway, split now.
1:kebye gotway
2:green fashon gotway
Only the suppliers who really provide buyers with quality products and services are what the players are pursuing, not relying on hegemonism to suppress practitioners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It looks like Gotway is under some pressure by local, non-China based dealers to help protect the regional markets.  Issuing a statement "firing" a popular AliExpress dealer might help try to lessen other dealers' burden to offer support and parts for wheels obtained through this "grey market.".  Gotway used to sell to invidiuals directly from the factory if people were to wire transfer money to them.  I haven't heard anyone being able to do that lately.

People want the cheaper prices by ordering directly from China, but some don't realize that after-sales support might only be a swap of parts for a DIY repair.  They may be taxing the local dealers for their spare parts and help.  We've seen that one thread about someone complaining that their purchase was cancelled because they didn't get their wheel locally.

China AliEx companies are pretty smart though so there's probably going to be ways of getting around the Gotway attempt at regional blocking.  It could be just a gesture by Gotway to try to placate upset foreign dealers feeling the sales dent AliEx sales cause.  In the end Gotway likely gains as much monetarily from selling to Chinese resellers as foreign ones.

Disclaimer:  These statements are purely conjecture and not to be taken as fact.  I have no evidence to back any of these claims.  I live in my parents' basement so feel free to make up your own opinions.  :whistling:

And what exactly are we supposed to do when dealers don't carry the model that we want? I for one don't like this Gotway policy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

And what exactly are we supposed to do when dealers don't carry the model that we want? I for one don't like this Gotway policy.

 

Yeah, I think the problem is that many people might not have a reliable local dealer. So in some ways now they might actually reduce the amount of after sales support, forcing people to go direct with the factory, or with another remote dealer who might not provide support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

And what exactly are we supposed to do when dealers don't carry the model that we want? I for one don't like this Gotway policy.

+1

I buy locally but my dealer has/had no intention on selling the Mten3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

And what exactly are we supposed to do when dealers don't carry the model that we want? I for one don't like this Gotway policy.

:innocent1:  I didn't say it was a good idea, or that I liked it!  But it's the way it goes sometimes in a dealer market for items costing this much money which require servicing.  For example, if I were a master Toyota auto mechanic/technician, and if I could buy a 2019 Toyota Camry straight from the factory or on AliEx bypassing all the markups with the dealer, I could probably get a great price on it without a warranty.  But there's no way Toyota would do that as it cuts into their dealer network profit and sustainability as well as introduces problems when issues occur if I wasn't able to fix it myself.  Built into that higher dealer price is warranty coverage and support.

For those people wanting to buy specific models, maybe contacting the dealer to make a special order added onto their next shipment would work.  Buying 30 MSuper X's with one add-on Mten3 likely isn't an issue for Gotway to fulfill.  One way that Gotway could make things work might be to give preferential shipping to outside of China dealers and time the shipments to Chinese / AliEx ones so that they were slightly delayed.  I bet that's what happened with my Tesla.  I ordered it right away, but it took forever for it to get shipped out because I heard Gotway diverted products meant for AliEx sellers to France instead.   With such a large market in France, the Gotway dealers there likely have a lot of clout.  They don't want to lose sales on a new product to AliEx sellers.  In the end I think I got my Tesla around the same time others did ordering through Jason's Ewheels, and I saved about $100 which, considering the after sales support he offers, likely wasn't worth saving.  :efefb6a84e:

King Song and Ninebot pretty much are doing the same thing trying to reduce AliEx's impact on their dealers.  Still, there's likely ways around the system.  Often private messages to the AliEx people can arrange things more under the table if you really want to go that route.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

And what exactly are we supposed to do when dealers don't carry the model that we want? I for one don't like this Gotway policy.

Fortunately in the US we have Ewheels that empirically carries a wide range of the most sought after makes and models coupled with excellent service. For those who don’t have a dealership in their country offering these services Green Fashion is an excellent alternative. 

IMHO if a country does have a high quality dealer it is best to support them first. It requires a great amount of capital to begin a EUC business and huge effort to keep them profitable. Let’s face it this is a niche hobby with limited buyers and many companies in the US have closed their doors mostly due to negative spread sheets.

Rallying behind reputable brick and mortar companies is the best way to keep your favorite supplier afloat. If a make or model is not available from your dealer you should have the option of purchasing it from first rate Aliexpress companies.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:innocent1:  I didn't say it was a good idea, or that I liked it!  But it's the way it goes sometimes in a dealer market for items costing this much money which require servicing.  For example, if I were a master Toyota auto mechanic/technician, and if I could buy a 2019 Toyota Camry straight from the factory or on AliEx bypassing all the markups with the dealer, I could probably get a great price on it without a warranty.  But there's no way Toyota would do that as it cuts into their dealer network profit and sustainability as well as introduces problems when issues occur if I wasn't able to fix it myself.  Built into that higher dealer price is warranty coverage and support.

For those people wanting to buy specific models, maybe contacting the dealer to make a special order added onto their next shipment would work.  Buying 30 MSuper X's with one add-on Mten3 likely isn't an issue for Gotway to fulfill.  One way that Gotway could make things work might be to give preferential shipping to outside of China dealers and time the shipments to Chinese / AliEx ones so that they were slightly delayed.  I bet that's what happened with my Tesla.  I ordered it right away, but it took forever for it to get shipped out because I heard Gotway diverted products meant for AliEx sellers to France instead.   With such a large market in France, the Gotway dealers there likely have a lot of clout.  They don't want to lose sales on a new product to AliEx sellers.  In the end I think I got my Tesla around the same time others did ordering through Jason's Ewheels, and I saved about $100 which, considering the after sales support he offers, likely wasn't worth saving.  :efefb6a84e:

King Song and Ninebot pretty much are doing the same thing trying to reduce AliEx's impact on their dealers.  Still, there's likely ways around the system.  Often private messages to the AliEx people can arrange things more under the table if you really want to go that route.

This is how I got my blue ACM2 from EWheels. Jason had Gotway add the wheel to his shipment. So at least where EWheels is concerned, it's worthwhile contacting them even if you don't see the wheel that you want on their website.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

IMHO if a country does have a high quality dealer it is best to support them first.

I think the problem is that the countries that have enough customers to support a proper dealer can be counted with one person's fingers. Still, buyers can be found in almost any country. I have no clue how the manufacturers are rationalizing this. The only way is to sell through chains that are able to sell the wheels on the side of other products, which means zero knowledge by the personnel, and maintenance wouldn't be made in-house anyway.

When I bought my 16S last July, I eventually did find a company several hundred km away that would've sold it for 1750€ (no web shop, didn't ask for shipping costs). Instead, I bought it at Ali for 960€ total. 180% price and across the country is not a "supply chain".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

I had the same idea that it can be worthwhile to buy the wheel from a local dealer. So I made my order at an Finnish online store. After ordering, I received an automatic response that the delivery take three months in time, so I canceled my order immediately and made a new one, and this time from Poland. My first EUC was delivered to Finland in only five days from Poland.
What I have seen in this forum is not that big difference from whom you order it. If problems arise, you are left alone with this and we have to solve all problems by ourselves.
So if I get technical problems with my KingSong, I seek help from this forum and from your good YouTube videos. The spare parts come from the manufacturer and the job will be done by myself.

Ragards

Carl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dismason said:

What I have seen in this forum is not that big difference from whom you order it. If problems arise, you are left alone with this and we have to solve all problems by ourselves.
So if I get technical problems with my KingSong, I seek help from this forum and from your good YouTube videos. The spare parts come from the manufacturer and the job will be done by myself.

 

Yes the forum is full of knowledgeable members that are always willing to assist another member in need. Unfortunately if you purchased a brand new wheel from an online supplier that arrives defective or dinged your only alternative is to send it back with your fingers crossed or have the distributor send you new parts.

Not every member on the forum is adroit or comfortable tearing into their brand new wheel to repair it. There is a plethora of step by step tear down tutorials that @Marty Backe and others have posted but you may run the risk of voiding the warranty.

It is sometimes best to jump in and open up your wheel just for the edification. Most members feel a sense of accomplishment after completing the task and become much more comfortable knowing it is not rocket science requiring a highly integrated cortex to complete the task. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

What I know about Ninebot is that they are very happy with parallel sales by the Chinese market place, for several reasons

1- he sells a lot of units, in the case of a dropshipper seller, an official store Xiaomi MI STORE can sell in one week of flash sale 100 to 200 units (more...), that's all benefit for the shop

2- shipping and customs fees and other taxes are not their responsibility, warranty too

3- No worries of after sales service, it means no expenses for buyers of the Chinese market place and they do not have to provide spare parts

4- they know exactly how many units are sold in this market

5-they benefit from the promotion of their products for free by the other resellers

6- the Chinese economic rigor, and the Chinese legal rigor, if a big brand wanted to prohibit any resale of product on the market place, it would have been a long time ago

7- A regional block at GOTWAY, it is useless, it was useless for Ninebot on the MINI, all these products are provided with an application, geolocation, in your opinion why ninebot has abandoned the regional blocking of MINI, for example?

Ninebot wanted to control the units exported by Chinese resellers, they tried once time in June 2016 to block the mini n3m240 (called "chinese model")...MINI n3m240 's regional blocking appeared at the same time as was released fimrware v127 / v128 that they managed to restrict the maximum speed of the mini n3m240 while the mini pro n3m320 were not affected !

Chinese resellers activated each unit with a China mainland mobile phone number or users had friends in China, or knew Chinese people who helped them activate MINIs, the method was the sending of a sms with a code to activate the MINI, on a valid mobile number Chinese mainland, we had 1 minute to enter the code, some did it by skype

And you know why they did that? Every year Ninebot organizes a conference with segway dealers around the world
they complained that they were not selling enough MINI PRO N3M320 units, the speed being the same as the mini , they asked ninebot to block with a Regional Lock the MINI N3M240 and to lower the speed of the mini n3m240 to put forward the difference argument between the two models, the problem is that it has also affected Chinese users, that's why a year after they published in China a recall and apology.

In truth, MINI N3M240, was authorized for sale in the United States and Europe with an FCC certificate.(here)
Resellers refused to distribute it because its price in China is $ 250, and they could not justify a price three times higher in Western markets, that's why they only distributed the MINI PRO, which was not sold in China at that time for a release price of $1000...the risk of not selling them was too great
European retailers, especially in France have even lied to people saying that the product was not NINEBOT...

A regional blockage will be quickly bypassed

GOTWAY resellers who provide good after-sales service contribute to the brand's image quality

In France customers were very dissatisfied with the brand Ninebot because of problems with the French after-sales service, there was a lot of angry people's testimonials

and when there is a new machine that is not yet distributed abroad but a dealer comes to export, is not it a good springboard for the promotion of this machine? of the brand ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes the forum is full of knowledgeable members that are always willing to assist another member in need. Unfortunately if you purchased a brand new wheel from an online supplier that arrives defective or dinged your only alternative is to send it back with your fingers crossed or have the distributor send you new parts.

Not every member on the forum is adroit or comfortable tearing into their brand new wheel to repair it. There is a plethora of step by step tear down tutorials that @Marty Backe and others have posted but you may run the risk of voiding the warranty.

It is sometimes best to jump in and open up your wheel just for the edification. Most members feel a sense of accomplishment after completing the task and become much more comfortable knowing it is not rocket science requiring a highly integrated cortex to complete the task. 

Best phrase of the week :cheers:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2018 at 3:53 PM, Marty Backe said:

Best phrase of the week :cheers:

Well actually ...

On 5/26/2018 at 1:47 PM, Rehab1 said:

is adroit

I was more amazed by seeing this word in a sentence here. Didn't know it was used in the English language?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2018 at 12:47 PM, Rehab1 said:

Not every member on the forum is adroit or comfortable tearing into their brand new wheel to repair it. There is a plethora of step by step tear down tutorials that @Marty Backe and others have posted but you may run the risk of voiding the warranty.

My brother has been a very keen cyclist since his teens. With so many online and bulk sale supermarkets selling bikes these days he couldn’t understand how his little local cycle shop was able to keep trading and so asked them. 

He actually thought they were making fun of him when they told him they hardly ever sold a bike anymore but they are making more money than ever just doing annual services and puncture repairs. 

The idea that modern cyclists cannot service and maintain what has to be one of the simplest mechanisms ever made, especially if a problem occurs whilst actually our riding seemed completely beyond belief to him.

What this does bring home is that, whilst there will always be mechanically competent enthusiasts  no PEV is EVER going to be mainstream unless the manufacturers and suppliers put in place the kind of local support and services that clearly appear to be needed by a generation who have only learned how to fix something if all it involves pushing a button or touch screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Keith said:

My brother has been a very keen cyclist since his teens. With so many online and bulk sale supermarkets selling bikes these days he couldn’t understand how his little local cycle shop was able to keep trading and so asked them. 

He actually thought they were making fun of him when they told him they hardly ever sold a bike anymore but they are making more money than ever just doing annual services and puncture repairs. 

Interesting point you bring up. A very good friend of mine manufactures bikes and is the importer for a very known bike brand. This is something people hugely underestimate. Service requirements on (mountain) bikes. Most bike shops have so much work that if you arrive with an "internet" or supermaket bike they'll just ask you to go somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Keith said:

The idea that modern cyclists cannot service and maintain what has to be one of the simplest mechanisms ever made, especially if a problem occurs whilst actually our riding seemed completely beyond belief to him

 

Well actually, those mechanisms aren't that simple anymore. With electric gear shifting, carbon fibre all over the place (tighten one screw a bit too much and you'll break it), and electric bikes stuff has become more complex.

Of course I am not talking about a silly puncture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Well actually ...

I was more amazed by seeing this word in a sentence here. Didn't know it was used in the English language?

I looked up the etymology of adroit and see that it comes from French. English has taken lots of words from French, like "French Fries" :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

like "French Fries" :P

Or French Letters even ? actually the English never call them French fries it would be seen as pretentious  - they are “chips” to us (and what the US call chips are crisps here - with me still?)

VIrtually the entire English language is stolen from other languages it is why it is such a rich language, in fact what might be considered the original English of The Anglo-Saxons is now reduced almost to just the swear words. Sometimes German just looks like English with all the words joined together!

A good example was the result of the Norman Invasion 1066. The Normans became the aristocrats and they ate the meat, the Saxons became the peasants and reared them but didn’t get to eat them so the Saxon words remained for the animals cow, sheep, pig, etc. And the Norman words for the meat: boeuf, mouton et porc - now distorted to beef mutton and pork. I don’t think any other language has different words for the animal and it’s meat?

Again the crude 4 letter Saxon words were too coarse for the Norman masters and got demoted to being swear words and interestingly have been ever since. Really instead of being seen as rude they ought to be seen as being true to our roots. After all if someone knocks on your door saying “Come in” is now seen as preferable to the pretentious Norman derived: “Enter”!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Keith said:

I don’t think any other language has different words for the animal and it’s meat?

I know Polish does, cow (krowa) beef (wołowina), pig(świnia) pork(wieprzowina). Similar in Russian, maybe other languages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Keith said:

Or French Letters even ? actually the English never call them French fries it would be seen as pretentious  - they are “chips” to us (and what the US call chips are crisps here - with me still?)

VIrtually the entire English language is stolen from other languages it is why it is such a rich language, in fact what might be considered the original English of The Anglo-Saxons is now reduced almost to just the swear words. Sometimes German just looks like English with all the words joined together!

A good example was the result of the Norman Invasion 1066. The Normans became the aristocrats and they ate the meat, the Saxons became the peasants and reared them but didn’t get to eat them so the Saxon words remained for the animals cow, sheep, pig, etc. And the Norman words for the meat: boeuf, mouton et porc - now distorted to beef mutton and pork. I don’t think any other language has different words for the animal and it’s meat?

Again the crude 4 letter Saxon words were too coarse for the Norman masters and got demoted to being swear words and interestingly have been ever since. Really instead of being seen as rude they ought to be seen as being true to our roots. After all if someone knocks on your door saying “Come in” is now seen as preferable to the pretentious Norman derived: “Enter”!

A very enjoyable meal here in America is Fish & Chips, which I never understood until I was an adult. Why was it called Fish & Chips when your plate had Fish and French Fries on it :D  So yeah, most of us Americans know that the English call French Fries "chips". Very strange you English ;)

Since America was built with such large immigrant populations from the nineteenth century, we use so many words from other countries. One that jumps to mind is that fact that we send our kids to kindergarten. I assume that the English don't use the same term.

Language is fascinating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn’t there a type of mustard (or mayo) that French people call American mustard, and Americans call French mustard?

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

English has taken lots of words from French, like "French Fries"

And the kiss!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I looked up the etymology of adroit and see that it comes from French. English has taken lots of words from French, like "French Fries" :P

Just found out that R.S.V.P. is not reply soon something something but Repondez S'il Vous Plait (respond if it pleases you or respond if you please) and cul-de-sac literally means butt of bag, or bottom of the bag.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...