Video - King Song KS-18L - 30 degree ramp test

John Eucist

42 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

The new King Song KS-18L electric unicycle (euc) 30 degree ramp test. Thanks to engineer Carey Niu (the person in the video) and thanks to @tinawong for the invite to the new King Song factory today.

That is extremely impressive! The KS 18L went up the ramp effortlessly. It looks like there was power to spare to ascend a 35 or 40 degree ramp. All EUC manufacturers should post test videos like your’s instead of just putting specs on their sales brochure.  Also congratulations on the tour of the new KS factory. What an honor! 

5 minutes ago, Kael said:

Yeah I agree, this needs to be a 30º proper hill, not a 2m ramp. 

Just noting that the first climb he started at near standstill close to the bottom of the ramp. But yeah if they had a longer and higher ramp would be better.

5 hours ago, Kael said:

Definitely cool, but man, I want a few units in the hands of testers!

Did you get to ride it yourself?

Yeah I rode it around their parking lot. No straight line for any speed test (not that I would go 50 km/h anyway).

A plot of temperature versus time over a period of 2 to 3 minutes or until temperature was stabilized would be interesting.

Several curves, each at a different incline angle.

This data could be used to specify continuous power rating not  just maximum instantaneous power capability like we have now.  

Otherwise, wheels can be considered high power capable because they don't  tilt back or warn of over temperature. But really, they may just have  more aggressive over temperature limits.

1 hour ago, esaj said:

Although it's probably smaller than the "old" 18" with the higher shell, that thing still looks huge...  :D

I love it, it will be easier for me to clasp,  lock tight, will feel more secure, especially considering it has the 2000w motor, this wheel will fly. Is there any photos of it beside say an Msuper V3 for comparison? 

I’d also like to see actual photos comparing the two. By the numbers 18L is almost 2” taller but 2” narrower than Msuper X. (H/L/W: 59 / 49.5 / 18, Msuper X: 54.6 / 49 / 23, Msuper V3: 47 / 55 / 17.5)

Going up the ramp from a standstill is what impressed me the most there. I'd love to see them put these wheels on a treadmill ramp like this with a weighted pedals and see how long before it burns out or shuts down, just to see the tolerance with say 75kg simulated rider.

If I get an 18L (god i waffle) I'd get white and find a nice black tribal decal or something cool in black to put on the sides. It looks like a blank canvas waiting for some art. Maybe a nice Heavy Metal magazine ala 1976 fantasy woman.:eff034a94a:

I can't wait for some early reviews, realistic tests and numbers. 

Archived