Gotway ACM2 1500w motor?

GJHS

Hey Guys,

I am buying a gently used Gotway ACM V2 that the owner says has a 1500w motor, I can only find them with the Tesla motors.

Did they come with other motors?  How can I confirm which model?

Thanks

ACM2 and ACMv2 are two different things (except when they're not:efeebb3acc: but really they are).

The ACM (the exact name, if there even is one, seems to be ACM16) always came with a 1500W motor. The very first few 67.2V ACMs had boards with 6 mosfets and Gotway quickly learned this wasn't enough* when they blew up like crazy. So soon all ACMs got boards with 12 mosfets, including all 84V models (1300/1600Wh capacities) which came later. These 12 mosfet ACMs were called ACM16 v2 to differentiate them from the 6 mosfet future electronic scrap. So nearly all ACMs are v2 (usually having the very old style, smaller pedals with the red rubber and no grip tape indicates a 6 mosfet ACM), and definitely all 84V models are v2 (12 mosfets).

Now the ACM2 (I believe there is no official name) is an update of the ACM with the Tesla motor (1900W/2000W whatever) and some other small technical upgrades. It does not help that some dealers, most notably ewheels.com, sell this as "ACMv2".

Looks like you're buying an regular (non-Teslaized) ACM, which just has the original 1500W motor. Exactly as expected. Essentially there's the ACM and the ACM2 and you're looking at an ACM.

* (The technically sound fix is to use better mosfets, not more of them.)

54 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

ACM2 and ACMv2 are two different things (except when they're not:efeebb3acc: but really they are).

The ACM (the exact name, if there even is one, seems to be ACM16) always came with a 1500W motor. The very first few 67.2V ACMs had boards with 6 mosfets and Gotway quickly learned this wasn't enough* when they blew up like crazy. So soon all ACMs got boards with 12 mosfets, including all 84V models (1300/1600Wh capacities) which came later. These 12 mosfet ACMs were called ACM16 v2 to differentiate them from the 6 mosfet future electronic scrap. So nearly all ACMs are v2 (usually having the very old style, smaller pedals with the red rubber and no grip tape indicates a 6 mosfet ACM), and definitely all 84V models are v2 (12 mosfets).

Now the ACM2 (I believe there is no official name) is an update of the ACM with the Tesla motor (1900W/2000W whatever) and some other small technical upgrades. It does not help that some dealers, most notably ewheels.com, sell this as "ACMv2".

Looks like you're buying an regular (non-Teslaized) ACM, which just has the original 1500W motor. Exactly as expected. Essentially there's the ACM and the ACM2 and you're looking at an ACM.

* (The technically sound fix is to use better mosfets, not more of them.)

Nice summary.

The initial ACM V2's had the smaller pedals with red rubber inserts. So you can't use the pedal type to differentiate between the V1 and V2 models.

Along with the more powerful motor, the ACM2 has a much beefier axle, much beefier MOSFETs, and different firmware (very stiff Hard pedal mode).

Archived