Searching Inmotion V5F+ 480Wh

2 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hallo,

I'm searching for an Inmotion V5F+ wheel with  480Wh battery.

It should be  100 % functionality and in good/normal outside condition.

Shipping to Germany. Preferrable from EU countries

Welcome.

This model has been discontinued by INMOTION.

Current product line is v5, v5f, v8, v10, v10f. I don’t count v3 models as they are not really unicycles.

12 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Well - in North America this model ist still offered. I don't mind, if this model is no longer offered in Europe. I assume, that this model is stopped due to marketing policy and not due to problems?

In USA, Inmotion is re-branded as Solowheel, and they sell:

• Glide 2 Lite = v5
  • Glide 2 = v5F

But maybe you are talking about Canada. In any case, V5F+ production is discontinued, but maybe you will find some leftover stock somewhere. There were actually more motherboard issues than V5F, and tire scraping issues due to v5F+ having 2.125 tires instead of 1.95 in V5F.

Source: https://www.myinmotion.com/products/solowheel-glide-2

5 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Well - in North America this model ist still offered. I don't mind, if this model is no longer offered in Europe. I assume, that this model is stopped due to marketing policy and not due to problems?

I’m afraid your statements and assumptions are completely wrong. The V5F+ was a special version built at the request of Jason McNeil for ewheels https://www.ewheels.com/product/inmotion-v5f/  and exclusively sold by him, the V5F has the same physical size battery with lower capacity and specification cells and was what was sold elsewhere. When Solowheel came to a commercial tie in with Inmotion they gained exclusive rights to the Inmotion range, Inmotion no longer directly supplied eWheels and the V5F+ died as a result. Inmotion V5 and V8 wheels were then sold, in the US as Solowheel Glide 2 and 3 and the spec is lower than the V5F+. You cannot buy it new anywhere.

Hallo,

thamks for this info. My statements are these from a person, which used google. No deeper sense. I just try to get a V5F+ - or in your words, a solowheel Glide 3. Just because of the range extension ty my V5F. It happnes too often, that my battery pack is 0%. What that means ......

But it looks like, these wheels are just sold in USA / Canada.

7 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

or in your words, a solowheel Glide 3. 

I didn’t say that, glide 3 = v8, again v5f+ is no longer produced, but you may find remaining stock in some shops, who knows.

v5f+ was also sold for a few months by INMOTION France, but this has stopped and no more stock over here.

18 hours ago, Keith said:

When Solowheel came to a commercial tie in with Inmotion they gained exclusive rights to the Inmotion range, Inmotion no longer directly supplied eWheels and the V5F+ died as a result. Inmotion V5 and V8 wheels were then sold, in the US as Solowheel Glide 2 and 3 and the spec is lower than the V5F+.

During the [overly]-optimistic early days of the Solowheel-Inmotion partnership, the previous SW team had some pretty quixotic ideas about how many of the G2/G3s they were going to sell, with orders placed with IM HQ for some significant quantities... These didn't materialize, which is now terrific for US Customers looking to pickup a entry-mid-range at an incomparable price.

I've relaunched the V5F/G2 product page, the Wheel is now on sale for just $550, including the handle-kit, protective cover, & wrist-guards—what an embarrassment it was to see the 2 year old product page from before.

https://www.ewheels.com/product/inmotion-v5f/

I know it's just a parking garage, but this video of yours sealed the deal for many people I think.  It's still a sharp looking, well performing 14" wheel in a compact package.

Here's a review of the + version.  $550 for this model is a steal of a deal!  Don't show @novazeus - he'll probably want to buy one.  :whistling:

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I know it's just a parking garage, but this video of yours sealed the deal for many people I think.  It's still a sharp looking, well performing 14" wheel in a compact package.

Here's a review of the + version.  $550 for this model is a steal of a deal!  Don't show @novazeus - he'll probably want to buy one.  :whistling:

very flattering “for riders under 150 pounds”. ha! to be 12 years old again.

I have one I've been thinking about selling for a while, but unfortunately I'm in the US. It's 100% functional but has a few superficial scratches. I'm starting to get a hoarding problem with my vehicles...

1 V5f+

1 MSuper V3S+

1 Custom-made Electric Assist Unicycle

1 29" Unicycle, 1 24" Unicycle

1 Electrified Brompton Folding Bike.

...and my car. I need help

Are they crazy?

Three years ago I got 7 machines with li batteries - round about 30 kg - from Canada for roughly $ 60 shipping fee.

Well - so I've to wait for a good offer from Europe or perhaps I'll try in July the V10 (F).... 

21 hours ago, codersarepeople said:

A cursory look at Fedex and UPS says it'd be in the ~$400-500 range. Can't possibly be worth it :(

29 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Well - so I've to wait for a good offer from Europe or perhaps I'll try in July the V10 (F).... 

@codersarepeople as you're an eWheels Customer, I can provide you with 70% discounted shipping labels for under $150, if @MBIKER_SURFER wants to go through the sale. @MBIKER_SURFER will need to pay the EU VAT on the declared value that @codersarepeople places on it.

Please send me an email @ jason@ewheels.com if you want to go ahead with this.

Mon May 28, 2018 by 12:00 PM FedEx International Priority® 152.77
  Thu May 31, 2018 by 6:00 PM FedEx International Economy® 121.01

@codersarepeople:

I'm not allowed to send messages. Don't know, what 's the reason.

Will you send me yout price? Perhaps this will become a deal? Please take into account, that I will have to pay 19% VAT plus aprrox. 5% customs on the salesprice. Plus at least $121 for economy shipping. Despite that, it should be a 'good' deal for both sides!

e-mail: martin@schempp.name

8 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

@codersarepeople as you're an eWheels Customer, I can provide you with 70% discounted shipping labels for under $150, if @MBIKER_SURFER wants to go through the sale. @MBIKER_SURFER will need to pay the EU VAT on the declared value that @codersarepeople places on it.

Please send me an email @ jason@ewheels.com if you want to go ahead with this.

Mon May 28, 2018 by 12:00 PM FedEx International Priority® 152.77
  Thu May 31, 2018 by 6:00 PM FedEx International Economy® 121.01

Crazy how your helping other people 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived