S. California Mount Wilson Ascent - 26May2018

Come join me as I make another ascent of Mount Wilson. It's a fantastic trail ride that will take approximately 2-hours and 10-miles to reach the summit. You will need a 1300wh or great capacity wheel to make this trip. However, since the trail is straight up, even with a lesser range wheel you can enjoy a very nice trail ride and simply turn around when your battery gets low. The trip down is energy free. I plan on riding my 1300wh ACM2.

When the summit is reached we can rewards ourselves with a nice lunch at the Cosmic Cafe. We will return down the same Mt Wilson Toll Road. Expect to be on the mountain 4+ hours.

Keep an eye on the weather. Dress in layers as it can get very chilly and also very hot depending on the elevation and weather conditions. Bring water and energy food.

The trail head can be very busy and parking can be a challenge. I will be parking here and I suggest everyone else do likewise: Google Map Location

Departure is approximately 9am, Saturday May 26th. If nobody confirms that they are going (by responding to this post) I reserve the right to not show up. Please don't assume that I'll be there if nobody confirms their attendance. Thanks.

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou @YoshiSkySun @NBC44 @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" @Stan Onymous @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype 

@serfy @n2eus @Williepimpin @Peter Q @Jon Sawa @Mike Hanna @maltocs @1Wheeler

Want to see what you're signing up for. Read the post on my last visit: 

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Come join me as I make another ascent of Mount Wilson. It's a fantastic trail ride that will take approximately 2-hours and 10-miles to reach the summit. You will need a 1300wh or great capacity wheel to make this trip. However, since the trail is straight up, even with a lesser range wheel you can enjoy a very nice trail ride and simply turn around when your battery gets low. The trip down is energy free. I plan on riding my 1300wh ACM2.

When the summit is reached we can rewards ourselves with a nice lunch at the Cosmic Cafe. We will return down the same Mt Wilson Toll Road. Expect to be on the mountain 4+ hours.

Keep an eye on the weather. Dress in layers as it can get very chilly and also very hot depending on the elevation and weather conditions. Bring water and energy food.

The trail head can be very busy and parking can be a challenge. I will be parking here and I suggest everyone else do likewise: Google Map Location

Departure is approximately 9am, Saturday May 26th. If nobody confirms that they are going (by responding to this post) I reserve the right to not show up. Please don't assume that I'll be there if nobody confirms their attendance. Thanks.

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou @YoshiSkySun @NBC44 @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" @Stan Onymous @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype 

@serfy @n2eus @Williepimpin @Peter Q @Jon Sawa @Mike Hanna @maltocs @1Wheeler

Want to see what you're signing up for. Read the post on my last visit: 

I will definately have to make this one.The last time I was on an EUC at Mt. Wilson was when I had rode 25 miles down Hwy 2 in a vain effort to find cell service or a pay phone to notify the local search and rescue authorities that one of my EUC riding brethren was stuck in the Azusa wilderness without his "Flinstone Chewables"'. Hopefully @Ando Melkonyan will be available for the ride and thus the "BrokeBacke Backup Team" will be fully assembled and ready for duty!

Archived