Looking for my first EUC! Ideally in Washington DC/DMV locale

4 hours ago, Glitched said:

Does this 16S seem legit?

To me yes. And in very good condition too. A good find, I hope the seller has a reasonable thought on the reserve price.

10 miles with a 340Wh battery is doable for a lighter person.

4 hours ago, Glitched said:

Is there much difference between the 14S and 16S, besides range?

Yes, 14” and 16” wheels are in a notably different size class. The 16” is quite bit more stable, handles curbs, potholes and bumps easier and more gracefully, has a lot more relaxed feel to ride at higher speeds, and the 16S has more power than the 14S for acceleration, uphills, etc. 14” wheels are more agile and handy at walking speeds, but to me 14” wheels in general feel twitchy, unstable and more tiresome. Both have the marvellous KingSong trolley handle that makes walking around with the wheel downright enjoyable.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2018 at 3:29 AM, mrelwood said:

You might be over-thinking this a bit. The preferred range for long time storage is 40-80%. If you plan on taking a longer trip, you can charge it to 100% without worry. Many here always charge to 100%, the wheel will still offer thousands of kms of battery-worryfree travels.

Take note of the travel speed of the wheel. S2 is limited to something like 22km/h, which is not a speed you want to limit yourself to for long distance travelling once you get the hang of things. KS 14S has a travel speed of 30km/h. It will take a lot more to outgrow that. Some never will.

Oh I did outgrown it in about 2 weeks owning KS14S.. it's a very nice wheel.. unfortunately for me.. I kept on hearing the beeps every few secs.. so frustrating, thinking about upgrading it to 18L but lately hearing issues with them.. make me thinking about getting Tesla instead..  Any takers on 2 months old on white KS14S? :D

14 hours ago, digitalkenny said:

Oh I did outgrown it in about 2 weeks owning KS14S.. it's a very nice wheel.. unfortunately for me.. I kept on hearing the beeps every few secs.. so frustrating, thinking about upgrading it to 18L but lately hearing issues with them.. make me thinking about getting Tesla instead..  Any takers on 2 months old on white KS14S? :D

The issue on the 18L was with the firmware related to the LEDs in the first batch of wheels shipped that was fixed with a firmware upgrade (1.07). Also in the early wheels (relatively speaking of course) I think there was also a problem with the wheel lift shut off sensor, Also fixed with a firmware upgrade. Some people using the iOS platforms were having difficulty connecting to the Kingsong and Inmotion app, using Darknesss bot was their workaround. Android users were connecting to the app just fine. No other problems to my knowledge have been reported with wheels. Can hardly wait to own DC bike lanes when my KS 18L arrives.

I also have a Ninebot One E+ . I upgraded to the V10F and find the E+ alittle large for my 7 year old. Looking for a 14in wheel for him. My E+ has some scratches but only about 100 miles on it. I'm located in Towson, MD area.

Archived