I cant ride my 1200$ Electric Unicycle.

alexey14

Hi guys.

Today I bought my first 1200$ Electric Unicycle. Kingsong 16A 

I tried more than 1000 Time, But every time I tried to ride I fallen. WTF Guys?

Problame is this Unicycle is very slow thats why I fallen because I lost my balance.

Unicycle 100% charged.

Im 114 KG, Im not fat But Im so tall.

Any help? What should I do? This is my first experience and the result was not good, fuck, I think I burned my money, Please help guys. Some girls on street started to laughing at me. WTF???

51 minutes ago, alexey14 said:

1 more thing, I noticed tire is soft,  is this normal?

No, check tire pressure. Pump it up to about 50 psi. That might be why you are having so much trouble.

If you weigh 114kg you might need a much higher tire pressure than other riders. The idea is that the road contact patch is about the same for everyone regardless of weight. So if you weigh more, use a higher pressure.

You can feel the pressure going over small bumps or trying to bounce the wheel up and down when you are standing on it. If it bounces you might have too little pressure, if it's rigid solid you might have too much. It's also a personal taste.

Pay attention to the maximum pressure allowed by the tire. You can go over a little but within limits. It's also possible the wheel is simply too small for you if you are a big guy. I think it's ok but if you go too high on the air pressure to make it rideable it might indicate the wheel is too small. You need a bigger tire.

On ninebots there is a setting to make the wheel more alert or more sluggish. I don't know if kingsong has this. Worth checking?

Just keep at it... You'll get it. Patience!

KS-16S has been out for quite a while now. Why would you pay 1200$ for an older KS-16A model?

I just noticed you wrote "today you started" and you are wondering why you aren't learning. It took me one month to muster up the courage to ride outside the yard. If you have an impatient personality I suggest you wear lots and lots of protection.

Tire pressure on the low side seems to help in learning to ride. But don’t set it too low that you’ll cut the inner tube. 

Are you doing something similar to this?

It will eventually “click” and you’ll get it. 

Also, don’t forget your safety gear. The kid above scraped his knees and palm from falling that same day. 

2 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Tire pressure on the low side seems to help in learning to ride.

I had totally the opposite experience. My riding weight is about 110 kg and had real problems staying on the wheel, when I read that the wheels often come under inflated. I raise the psi to ~ 54 lbs and my learning curved jumped dramatically. 

I've only been learning 3 days soon as i pumped the tire pressure up  i had way more progress and control then i went to a cricket pitch where the ground was grass flat and i was off .. just keep at it watch as many videos as possible you can do it?

A low pressure tire doesn’t turn as well, so it does make a small wheel under n00by jerky legs more stable. But a heavier bigger wheel becomes an impossibility quite fast.

I think it’s best to learn with a proper pressure, not an especially high or low ”learning” pressure. Same goes for everything else related to learning.

@alexey14 - as written stay patient! And don't overdo it - take just two to three times a day 15-20 minutes of trial - sometimes it will just work. It took me almost a week until i went driving in the public.

Wristguards and knee pads are very recommandable, too. Maybe also shinguards for the beginning.

For videos we have here a nice tutorial from @Hirsute

In case you don't understand french, here is described how to set subtitles: 

Take your time and you'll soon enjoy EUC riding!

Hi! The most important bit of learning to ride is not caring if people laugh at you when you fall off - ideally you need to laugh at yourself when you fall off too!

After getting the hang with stabilisers, the most helpful thing I found was to try and "scoot" - one foot on the pedal, one foot on the floor, and then just take a big step and put my foot back on the floor (try both ways round). Once I could do this confidently I tried putting up my foot onto the pedals for a short time. Having a strap to hold onto is also handy because it saves having to bend down every time you fall off.

Good luck!!

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I laugh at people who have to walk while I effortlessly roll past them with a big grin in my face.  :lol:  Give it time, and it will come.  And practice in a more private location.  :ph34r:

Sounds like it's time for you to get a full face helmet. :ph34r:   I always thought if people saw the big grin under the full face helmet while riding a motorcycle they would outlaw it. :roflmao:

@alexey14 I taught a new rider by walking next to him while he rode his wheel.  Have a friend walk next to you until your body gets use to the wheel.  Start with grabbing each others elbow eventually you just touch the person for small balance issues, after a while you are free.  Don't over think it, let the body get adjusted to the wheel.  Most important, never give up... :cheers:

What ever you do don’t give up. Something will eventually click and you will be the one laughing. Id say don’t spend too much time thinking about it, i think its more of just a subconscious reaction your body learns to the wheel and once it clicks that’s you got it! 

How the vitamins improve our balance skills:

https://www.consumerlab.com/m/answers/do-any-supplements-improve-balance-or-reduce-the-risk-of-falls/supplements-for-balance-falls/

Excess or deficient of Vitamin D or deficent B12 can be the cause of balance issues. If you can balance on one leg with closed eyes more than 5 seconds you have good balance

On 5/19/2018 at 7:46 PM, alexey14 said:

I watched Some TUT ON YOUTUBE How to  ride, But not helped. 

Here is where I started, perhaps watching my mistakes will help you avoid them -

17 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

Everyday people laugh at me, and I'm not falling off.

When I ride past the local school I get shouts of "Go go Gadget Wheels!"

BTW I learned to ride by watching the Airwheel tutorial videos: 

6 minutes ago, alexey14 said:

Guys, I fallen hard  yesterday, 

My problame is something like this:

I will fall over left or right, this is my biggest problame now.

Try balancing on one leg without moving the wheel forward or back. One foot on the pedal the other on the air. Then put ur foot back on the ground when you lose your balance. Try and hold ur balance with one foot on the pedal for a couple seconds, gradually It will become easier, then its just a case of putting your other foot on the other pedal

Archived