MSuper X, 18L, V10F, Z10 Production/Delivery Update

Jason McNeil

With the introduction of the eScooter sharing craze, trade has surged from what was a very robust early year, to the current level, where it's difficult to satisfy demand & keep up with all the communications. I've opened up a new service center in Tucson, Arizona, with two very capable full-time employees (another one will be starting before the end of the month), who will be taking on many of the post-support functions I had been struggling to keep up with. My apologies to everyone who not received the usual level of service recently.

As of today, the graphic below is the expected delivery timeline for the four new Wheels making their way out of the R&D departments, to the assembly line for mass production, & eventually to our Customers hands/feet:

•  Gotway MSuper X: despite being the last manufacturer to release details of their new MSuper X, current guidance is that they'll be the fist company to start production of the new model in volume. We have an initial order of 50x of these, consisting of a mix of the 'batteryless' type (to use your existing ACM/MSuper packs from, priced at $1070), 1300Wh ($1600) & 1600Wh ($1900). Gotway have an excellent track record for getting their new products out-the-door in time, it's very probable these will be in the hands of preorder Customers in late June. 
  • King Song 18L: KS are running few weeks behind from their original estimates. From what I gather from my internal sources, they've finalized the product, with manufacturing set to commence over the next few weeks. KS has very kindly sent over an early release sample, expected to arrive this Tuesday. The 18L will be available in either the same black matte finish as the 16S & a glossy white.
  • Inmotion V10F: Inmotion were the first out of the gate, but it's been difficult to obtain any meaningful supply of the V10F. Since putting down the deposit on March 15th, we've only been able to secure 30x of these until mid-June, then another 4 weeks for shipping.
  • Ninebot Z Series: probably the most eagerly anticipated, Ninebot have not done a very job to get this Wheel out in time for the warmer weather. Based on our historical sales, I'd estimate that seasonality accounts for >60% of purchase factor; miss this narrow summer window & Customers will hop onto other Wheels. 

uc?export=view&id=1lp4a67sTS40y2-9KvhoWt

I'm embarrassed to admit that the Z10 has been sitting around for four days. Wanted to keep it looking pristine for a photo shoot with the V10F & 18L. Planning on doing a comparative review late next week,. 

uc?export=view&id=1CJw4m075IBWJQkgWKz1Qg

42 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

With the introduction of the eScooter sharing craze, trade has surged from what was a very robust early year, to the current level, where it's difficult to satisfy demand & keep up with all the communications. I've opened up a new service center in Tucson, Arizona, with two very capable full-time employees (another one will be starting before the end of the month), who will be taking on many of the post-support functions I had been struggling to keep up with. My apologies to everyone who not received the usual level of service recently.

As of today, the graphic below is the expected delivery timeline for the four new Wheels making their way out of the R&D departments, to the assembly line for mass production, & eventually to our Customers hands/feet:

•  Gotway MSuper X: despite being the last manufacturer to release details of their new MSuper X, current guidance is that they'll be the fist company to start production of the new model in volume. We have an initial order of 50x of these, consisting of a mix of the 'batteryless' type (to use your existing ACM/MSuper packs from, priced at $1070), 1300Wh ($1600) & 1600Wh ($1900). Gotway have an excellent track record for getting their new products out-the-door in time, it's very probable these will be in the hands of preorder Customers in late June. 
  • King Song 18L: KS are running few weeks behind from their original estimates. From what I gather from my internal sources, they've finalized the product, with manufacturing set to commence over the next few weeks. KS has very kindly sent over an early release sample, expected to arrive this Tuesday. The 18L will be available in either the same black matte finish as the 16S & a glossy white.
  • Inmotion V10F: Inmotion were the first out of the gate, but it's been difficult to obtain any meaningful supply of the V10F. Since putting down the deposit on March 15th, we've only been able to secure 30x of these until mid-June, then another 4 weeks for shipping.
  • Ninebot Z Series: probably the most eagerly anticipated, Ninebot have not done a very job to get this Wheel out in time for the warmer weather. Based on our historical sales, I'd estimate that seasonality accounts for >60% of purchase factor; miss this narrow summer window & Customers will hop onto other Wheels. 

uc?export=view&id=1lp4a67sTS40y2-9KvhoWt

I'm embarrassed to admit that the Z10 has been sitting around for four days. Wanted to keep it looking pristine for a photo shoot with the V10F & 18L. Planning on doing a comparative review late next week,. 

uc?export=view&id=1CJw4m075IBWJQkgWKz1Qg

Thanks for the update Jason, and you should be embarrassed, neglecting that Z10 ;)

P.s. If you need the 18L to be mountain tested, you know who to contact :w00t2:

I’m glad I changed my preorder to the msuperx. screw waiting all summer for a new wheel! I have high hopes for my first gotway :eff034a94a:

3 minutes ago, Jpd said:

I’m glad I changed my preorder to the msuperx. screw waiting all summer for a new wheel! I have high hopes for my first gotway :eff034a94a:

Good luck with that. Seriously. Gotway’s quality seems to be on the rise, and I hope the MSuper X turns out to be a fantastic wheel. I look forward to hearing all about it.  

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

I've opened up a new service center in Tucson, Arizona, with two very capable full-time employees (another one will be starting before the end of the month), who will be taking on many of the post-support functions I had been struggling to keep up with. My apologies to everyone who not received the usual level of service recently.

Congratulations Jason! I have a great feeling you made an excellent decision. Your awesome customer service will only get better if that is possible. Unfortunately the Z10 is unhappy about your inadequate attention. 

41494362104_5836ddf1e3_b.jpg

5 hours ago, Jerome said:

Do you have an idea of the prices for the KS 18L and the Z-line?

Deposit Customers will be receiving them at the estimated $1580 & $1600 prices respectively. 

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Unfortunately the Z10 is unhappy about your inadequate attention. 

It's true she's been a neglected, I'll take her out for a whril later this evening, start giving her some more attention.

:eff02be2d7:So Gotway is winning huh?

Yo Vinnie! :efef927839:Put 2 Gs down on Gotway for the release!

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

It's true she's been a neglected, I'll take her out for a whril later this evening, start giving her some more attention.

Just give her a nice open-palm slap on the rear fender to let her know you care.

8 hours ago, Jpd said:

Wise choice :thumbup:

37 minutes ago, Esper said:

I've never thought about this until I read your post. But is it even possible to buy stock in the manufacturers; Gotway, Ninebot, Inmotion, or Kingsong?

You must think these companies are waaaaaay bigger than they actually are.

Segway-Ninebot is probably the closest, but the company you would invest in is their multi-billion dollar Chinese cellphone conglomerate backer / parent co(?), XiaoMi (think Apple or Samsung).

But even then they still haven't IPO'd yet: Xiaomi's IPO Will Make Dozens of Lucky Workers Millionaires

InMotion is a fraction of the XiaoMi-Segway-Ninebot partnership AFAICS, and Gotway or King Song don't even register into the conversation from a money perspective.

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

You must think these companies are waaaaaay bigger than they actually are.

Segway-Ninebot is probably the closest, but the company you would invest in is their multi-billion dollar Chinese cellphone conglomerate backer / parent co(?), XiaoMi (think Apple or Samsung).

But even then they still haven't IPO'd yet: Xiaomi's IPO Will Make Dozens of Lucky Workers Millionaires

InMotion is a fraction of the XiaoMi-Segway-Ninebot partnership AFAICS, and Gotway or King Song don't even register into the conversation from a money perspective.

I'm glad you brought this information to my attention. The article was a great read.

Archived