What kind of reaction do you get from the other half/wife/girlfriend/ball and chain ect

Ipsiain

25 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

fine 18 kph sounded fast. but no hahah. slower than an old woman on bike :P

18 kph is perfect when riding in the parking lot and learning. Once you get on the street it's WTF this is slow if you try and do 2kms :D 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

18 kph is perfect when riding in the parking lot and learning. Once you get on the street it's WTF this is slow if you try and do 2kms :D 

its slow enough to begin with. but with tiltback at 18 kph that practically brakes you to 0 kph. then its super sloooow and annoying

My girlfriend thinks it's a "deathtrap".  She's been on it exactly once, for about 45 seconds, holding on to me for dear life.  I keep asking her to learn so we can ride together.  Her reaction the other day when I told her about this thread?  "Well why don't you pester me about it?  I'm not gonna learn it otherwise!"

:blink1:

The dork factor of wearing the gear does not appeal to her either.  I laughed and told her, "With a bubble butt like that, you'll bounce too high and get hurt without gear!"

Fortunately, she was amused.

28 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Wait, what?  :blink:  Photos, or there is no bubble butt.  :innocent1:

lol  I have photos of it.  Right here on my phone.  Dozens of them.  Just none that would be appropriate to share on a public forum.  :lol:

My wife just said something that is  seriously making me reconsider my involvement  in the EUC leisure  and sport activities.   I might have to sell my wheels and find another activity.  Sometimes you have to make hard decisions and quit something that you really enjoy because of what you have become.   Some things are just not worth the consequences.  OK .... So this is what happened.  I was returning from a short trip to the local Ace Hardware store.  I unlocked my front door and walked in with my safety gear on while pushing my Gotway beside me when my wife said, ......  “ You are looking more like Marty every day.”   She said it so casually and with such resignation.  .............I just don’t know what to do right now..............

1. It's nice to see "Marty" becoming a well recognized household name.  We work  hard to promote the moniker.
  2. Just like "Highlander," there is and will be only be one Marty.  Any resemblences, similarities, and commonalites are strictly protected by international copyright laws and will be defended by due legal process.
  3. Unless there are threats of denial of consortium, I'd say go all out and add that helmet rearview mirror on.  Maybe wear it to bed also simply saying "Sorry hun, I just wanted to see ourselves in the roof mirror too!  It's what Marty would have done!"
  4. Embrace your "Martyness Factor."  Just own it.

31 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

My wife just said something that is  seriously making me reconsider my involvement  in the EUC leisure  and sport activities.   I might have to sell my wheels and find another activity.  Sometimes you have to make hard decisions and quit something that you really enjoy because of what you have become.   Some things are just not worth the consequences.  OK .... So this is what happened.  I was returning from a short trip to the local Ace Hardware store.  I unlocked my front door and walked in with my safety gear on while pushing my Gotway beside me when my wife said, ......  “ You are looking more like Marty every day.”   She said it so casually and with such resignation.  .............I just don’t know what to do right now..............

Oh God ...  :roflmao:

5 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Whatever you do...  don't wear white shoes!

That way we will be able to tell you apart.

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Whatever you do...  don't wear white shoes!

That way we will be able to tell you apart.

That was so 2017. I wear black now :)

On 6/15/2018 at 6:18 PM, Catlord17 said:

lol  I have photos of it.  Right here on my phone.  Dozens of them.  Just none that would be appropriate to share on a public forum.  :lol:

You could always PM me a few.  :whistling:  I can then post 'em up!  I've got some kinda magical diplomatic immunity on the forums!  I'M ALLOWED TO DO ANYTHING!!!!  No really, I've got this weird "It's Hunka :rolleyes: Hall Pass" that seems to let me get away with almost anything!  :w00t2:

How the heck have I not been banned from the forums already?  It's incomprehensible!  But with great power comes great reponsibility said some dude named Uncle Ben (smirk) in a Spiderman movie so I must wield my powahs carefully.  ?  Hold on a sec... unless the moderators and John Eucist all have me on their ignore list.... that could explain things...   :blink1:

Naaaaw, hehe that can't be it.  :lol:  Hello, guys, guys?  :blink1:

10 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You could always PM me a few.  :whistling:  I can then post 'em up!  I've got some kinda magical diplomatic immunity on the forums!  I'M ALLOWED TO DO ANYTHING!!!!  No really, I've got this weird "It's Hunka :rolleyes: Hall Pass" that seems to let me get away with almost anything!  :w00t2:

How the heck have I not been banned from the forums already?  It's incomprehensible!  But with great power comes great reponsibility said some dude named Uncle Ben (smirk) in a Spiderman movie so I must wield my powahs carefully.  ?  Hold on a sec... unless the moderators and John Eucist all have me on their ignore list.... that could explain things...   :blink1:

One thing I learned a long time ago is that her trust is the most valuable thing she can give you, and you never, ever betray that.  So she's refused to agree to the nudes being posted, even if they don't include her face.  I'm going to respect that.

That said, I do have this one that she can't possibly get upset about...

20180411_092845.jpg

11 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Image result for inconceivable meme     :roflmao:

On 6/15/2018 at 7:37 PM, Catlord17 said:

The dork factor of wearing the gear does not appeal to her either.  I laughed and told her, "With a bubble butt like that, you'll bounce too high and get hurt without gear!"

7 hours ago, Catlord17 said:

That said, I do have this one that she can't possibly get upset about...

20180411_092845.jpg

Tell your GF she has some nice protection. ?

On 6/15/2018 at 5:37 PM, Catlord17 said:

My girlfriend thinks it's a "deathtrap".  She's been on it exactly once, for about 45 seconds, holding on to me for dear life.  I keep asking her to learn so we can ride together.  Her reaction the other day when I told her about this thread?  "Well why don't you pester me about it?  I'm not gonna learn it otherwise!"

:blink1:

Fortunately, she was amused.

Find a hallway for her to train in. That may give her the security she needs. 

20 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

Find a hallway for her to train in. That may give her the security she needs. 

That's not a bad idea.  I will have to spend a lot more time and energy getting her to ride status than it took me, because I will have to basically push her every step of the way.  And right now, I'm just too busy for that.

She's entirely too entertained by her damned instagram and amazon.com.  Have to figure out how to make her want to ride!

Those first few minutes as a new rider are the worst. I remember being in my kitchen, simultaneously thinking 'I'm going to break either myself or a lot of crockery/WHY did I buy this/there's no way humans are meant to stand on rolling wheels'. It's only once you realise you're starting to get it do you then become even more determined. It's so rewarding. 

5 minutes ago, Catlord17 said:

That's not a bad idea.  I will have to spend a lot more time and energy getting her to ride status than it took me, because I will have to basically push her every step of the way.  And right now, I'm just too busy for that.

She's entirely too entertained by her damned instagram and amazon.com./  Have to figure out how to make her want to ride!

Just tell her all the cool people have them... Here's Formula1 multiple championship winner Lewis Hamilton on his! Lewis-Hamilton-takes-his-dog-for-a-walk-

5 minutes ago, Kael said:

Those first few minutes as a new rider are the worst. I remember being in my kitchen, simultaneously thinking 'I'm going to break either myself or a lot of crockery/WHY did I buy this/there's no way humans are meant to stand on rolling wheels'. It's only once you realise you're starting to get it do you then become even more determined. It's so rewarding. 

I've told her this.  But all she sees is, "It takes effort, and I can't learn anything, and learning is so hard for me, and [excuse] after [excuse] after [excuse]."

So I'm going to do a little training with her to change her perception of learning as a whole, and that should help.  Right now she is convinced she can't learn without a lot of pain and struggle.

Then I'll find a hallway for her.  :) And showing her that picture, all she would see is, "Oh, he's hot."  Wheel not present.  lol

got my girlfriend on mine today ks16 on a big piece of flat ground , she was off on her own in 1 hour big open spaces and grass is best to learn on you just go where the wheel takes you i held her hand for the first hour then something clicked and she was off on her own arms waving about but that how we all started  . unclosed spaces are harder

1 hour ago, Catlord17 said:

I've told her this.  But all she sees is, "It takes effort, and I can't learn anything, and learning is so hard for me, and [excuse] after [excuse] after [excuse]."

So I'm going to do a little training with her to change her perception of learning as a whole, and that should help.  Right now she is convinced she can't learn without a lot of pain and struggle.

Then I'll find a hallway for her.  :) And showing her that picture, all she would see is, "Oh, he's hot."  Wheel not present.  lol

but be very carefull. if she likes it too much she will steal your eucs and you will never see them again. :D thats what happened to my freind with his training wheel :P 

14 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

but be very carefull. if she likes it too much she will steal your eucs and you will never see them again. :D thats what happened to my freind with his training wheel :P 

I'm planning to buy another one and let her use it, but she's not gonna take off with it!

What I'd like is to make riding together a way for us to spend time together and have fun, and use them for transport when we are traveling.  Sanibel Island, for example, is a place where bikes are favored over cars, and renting two bikes for three days can run $40 US and up.  On an EUC, we save that expense and we can also travel faster and more easily.  I'm sure it would be a lot of fun to explore a lot of places together on an EUC.

This of course is my theory... it depends on her learning to ride.  And probably me spending a huge amount of energy to make that happen.  Stephen is lucky that way.

Archived