Electric Unicycle lights and bell

BlackM

Basically stupid laws require electric unicycles in Norway to have a bell available on them as well as front and rear lights. Especially the bell is proving hard to find as it needs to be watertight as well as easy to mount somewhere. I'm not actually going to ever use it though so I simply want one that works, doesn't look overly silly and most importantly doesn't take up a lot of space. Any reccomendations here are much appriciated.

I'm also required to have electric front and rear lights, I've halfway solved this though but reccomendations here about cheap and easy to mount lights would also be very much appriciated.

watertight bell? I mean its a metal shape with a thing that hits it. There are cheap bike bells, that can be attached with a silicone strap, can you wear a finger-bell or does it have to be attached to the device?

http://amzn.com/B012CMFN3W

If you disclose your device we might have more specific recommendations for the lights since this is a common problem for most.

• 7 months later...

On kick-started they had a cool bike bell a curved aluminum bar, you would not notice it, wear on finger maybe...

This is not what they refer to as lights, but I just received USB rgd light strip from A, http://www.amazon.com/GLISTENY-Waterproof-Decorative-Flexible-Backlight/dp/B01ADDA6YS?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true for anyone that has a USB outlet or USB extended power battery pack. Now if I ever get my KS 18! I could put them on... Still waiting on month three...

This Lezyne light works well on handle of my airwheel. Ball pivot joint to aim it precisely, rubberised base so doesn't slip on handle and Velcro fastening.  Light removable from housing. It has rear flashing red light and forward facing powerful light to illuminate all those nasty potholes. 

image.jpeg

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

So funny why don't they include a sound track, it's a bloody BELL they are selling! 

Common practice to not  include soundtracks of sound devices. They dont normally include soundtracks of guitars when they sell them online (alas). Or fire alarm hornes for technical applications - no soundtrack.

The logic with the bell is that the device performs a function , so the primary purpose is not to be pleasant on the ears, but to rather attract attention. would be nice to kniw what the sound is like though, but its oretty predictable, a short -term metallic sound of high enough pitch - blls of this kind all sound similar

i am using a similar bell, which i got for a couple of bucks from china. It works great and i recommend it. The ring that goes around your finger is plastic. In case of faceplanting it will bend and break before your finger bones will - so it will not cause any damage to your hand. 

2 hours ago, Cloud said:
2 hours ago, Cloud said:

Common practice to not  include soundtracks of sound devices. They dont normally include soundtracks of guitars when they sell them online (alas). Or fire alarm hornes for technical applications - no soundtrack.

The logic with the bell is that the device performs a function , so the primary purpose is not to be pleasant on the ears, but to rather attract attention. would be nice to kniw what the sound is like though, but its oretty predictable, a short -term metallic sound of high enough pitch - blls of this kind all sound similar

i am using a similar bell, which i got for a couple of bucks from china. It works great and i recommend it. The ring that goes around your finger is plastic. In case of faceplanting it will bend and break before your finger bones will - so it will not cause any damage to your hand. 

I am a firm believer in 'The Bigger the Better'!

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I am a firm believer in 'The Bigger the Better'!

image.jpeg

I want this. First of all it will look scary, so noone will ness with me when im riding. And second, i will make this into the air intake funnel for cooling my wheel!

I totally disagree, and no since comparing apples and oranges, a guitar has an amp and voz box, bell has only one tone, and some people, not to mention a particular group, makes shittty products.... 

3 hours ago, Cloud said:

I want this. First of all it will look scary, so noone will ness with me when im riding. And second, i will make this into the air intake funnel for cooling my wheel!

Dual purpose. I like that! Scary is good! Getting off track a bit but speaking about scary I just received my giant mosquito fogger yesterday. What a photo it would make if I could mount it on the NB1.?

image.jpeg

Archived