How to learn EUC to a child?

ir_fuel

I suppose some of you have experience with this? I have a 6 year old at home, and a generic 14" EUC that goes 18 km/h max and is completely padded. So what's the best way of teaching this?

Shoot! :) 

23 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I suppose some of you have experience with this? I have a 6 year old at home, and a generic 14" EUC that goes 18 km/h max and is completely padded. So what's the best way of teaching this?

Shoot! :) 

I thought my kids as they were 8. It was pretty easy, took them around the block, holding their hand for 10-15mn per day, took a few days.

Then had them train with 8 laces for a few additional days, and emergency stops. When I was happy that they did not have to think about the EUC anymore, took them on Brussels' streets.

Started training last week. It's been going pretty well I must say. I just hold the EUC with my left hand between her legs from the back, position myself to the right hand side of the euc, and she mounts both pedals while I hold the device steady. She holds my right hand for stability, and once she starts riding I let go of the EUC and just walk along and she can use my hand for balance. We're doing 8 - 10 km/h which is plenty fast when you have to follow on foot :)  She manages to stop, put one foot on the gound and keep the euc stable with the other foot. Not easy for her since she is a lot smaller (6 years old and not tall for her age) and it's nearly the equivalent of an adult riding a Gotway Monster.

I don't have any fences of walls that can be used for training here, just an open parking lot.

And the most important part: she is motivated. She wants to go out and practice, I am not asking her to do it.

Archived