Bicycle to Work Day this Friday - May 18th

Marty Backe

In the United States, the National Bike to Work Day for 2018 is Friday May 18th.

Last year I rode my Monster to and from work (~27-miles each way) on that day. This year I'll be riding my ACM.

Anybody else going to take this opportunity to get a little extra riding in?

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

In the United States, the National Bike to Work Day for 2018 is Friday May 18th.

Last year I rode my Monster to and from work (~27-miles each way) on that day. This year I'll be riding my ACM.

Anybody else going to take this opportunity to get a little extra riding in?

Funny you'd bring that up. My trolley handle for the ACM is supposed to arrive today and I will start commuting by ACM to work as soon as I can install it. So, hopefully I can start doing this on Tuesday or Wednesday. Friday will just be like any other ACM commute day then. :-) In case you wonder how far it is, it's just about 8 miles each way trying to avoid major roads, so I won't be that fast.

41 minutes ago, MacPara said:

Funny you'd bring that up. My trolley handle for the ACM is supposed to arrive today and I will start commuting by ACM to work as soon as I can install it. So, hopefully I can start doing this on Tuesday or Wednesday. Friday will just be like any other ACM commute day then. :-) In case you wonder how far it is, it's just about 8 miles each way trying to avoid major roads, so I won't be that fast.

I'd ride mine every day too if my commute was like yours. But 27-miles is a couple hour ride so not very practical except for this yearly event.

There is definately something wrong with the area I live. Most roads don’t even have sidewalks. My residence road is 45 MPH but most drivers go 55-60. Sorry but I’m driving to work. 

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'd ride mine every day too if my commute was like yours. But 27-miles is a couple hour ride so not very practical except for this yearly event.

But if you rode 27mph, wouldn't it only take one hour?

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

But if you rode 27mph, wouldn't it only take one hour?

You know, you're too smart for New Zealand. You need to move to the States :D

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You know, you're too smart for New Zealand. You need to move to the States :D

Well if you move to Germany you can cut the time to less than half.....if you practice.

Power off your EUC and  learn to balance it still, and hook up on a car on free-speed autobann section with suspenders ???

...What could possibly go wrong...grab a "few beers" ?? to loosen up and be able to bump-absorb in knees. 

On 5/14/2018 at 1:08 PM, MacPara said:

Turns out that going by EUC required 9.4 miles instead of 8 by car. I was still able to get really close to the 30 minutes ride time I aimed at with 33 minutes door to door. Now, I am aware of the time it needs to just get ready (putting on all the safety gear and backpack, turn on blinkers, etc.). If we could just step on and go and be protected from a fall, wouldn't that be great!

I work from home Fridays.  Too dangerous here in NJ to ride to work for me.  Would be 22.5 miles.  I was considering eventually riding my motorcycle to work.  But I need to get my license first.

Archived