How to excuse your self in the path of pedestrians

On 5/16/2018 at 10:04 PM, CaptainKBLS said:

I just make sure the people hears my music and most of the time they realized someone wants to pass and scoot to the right.

Yes, I've started playing weird electronic music that warns people when I'm approaching... ?

( Make your EUC sound like its haunted... Humanfobia_-_08_-_Haunted_Plane  ?   )

Of course, I've been experimenting with dozens of electronic tracks (mostly from http://freemusicarchive.org/). :eff034a94a:

Edited by RayRay
link update
  • Like 3

I connect my phone to the bluetooth speaker. I added a shortcut to a widget so by pressing the fingerprint button on the back of my phone I can instantly make the euc speaker give the sound of a bicycle bell ? 

Or any other sound of my choosing. Once I accidentally turned on the sound of a police sirene (on highest sound) making some unexpecting cyclists look quite shocked! ?

Edited by JonTheMad
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Get a BT speaker, grab this costume, and play this theme while you're creeping...  :whistling:

https://www.amazon.com/Perry-Shark-Cosplay-Mascot-Costume/dp/B013RJ5K14

Reveal hidden contents

Too hot in Florida for the Jaws costume, but I like where you are headed with this. ?

I believe, somebody on this forum already tried the Predator getup...

full-size-predator-motorcycle-helmet.jpg

My goal so far has been to find really creepy background noises to play through the speakers that makes people wonder:

Do electric unicycles really sound like that?

Edited by RayRay
Maybe the inflatable T-rex outfit?
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, JonTheMad said:

Damnit the shark costume doesn't ship to Sweden ?

You might be able to catch a trout-costume instead out there on the inter-net. ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RayRay said:

My goal so far has been to find really creepy background noises to play through the speakers that makes people wonder:

Do electric unicycles really sound like that?

Not a tough goal to reach I think. An EUC is a complete mystery to so many people, ANY sound would do. Questions I've been asked several times:

"Is there some kind of a motor in there?"  "Does it work with electricity?"  "Is there a battery?"

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Now I'd chip in to get that... Provided @Marty Backe agreed to wear it on a (videoed) ride along Venice Beach.

How do we start up one of them "crowdfunding" pages?

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 3

:popcorn: Care to elaborate?

At least you don't have rabid, skinny male sheep attacking you like this guy who should have rang his bell ahead of time so the owner could control it better.  :whistling:

Or even this guy... hold on a second...  :blink:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

Dress like Prince Harry and William and watch people move out of your way. 

27338288617_577189a3e5_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

At least you don't have rabid, skinny male sheep attacking you like this guy who should have rang his bell ahead of time so the owner could control it better.  :whistling:

I sometimes stop before passing any dog. So the owner will prepare to hold them and that's when I do long boarding. I don't run when a dog approaches me. I just stay there and let the owner get the dog. Dogs can really sense fear. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ha Ha!  I wonder if that guy ;) carries pepper spray in his pack?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Ha Ha!  I wonder if that guy ;) carries pepper spray in his pack?

I was on a electric skateboard, this dog came after me so I slowed down.  The dog cut me off and got hit by the skateboard, the dog yelped and ran.  Any more I think I will get the distance then turn around and go after them with pepper spray lol.

Edited by Mark Lee

14 minutes ago, Ipsiain said:

Im pretty sure thats marty. I recognise those inward pointing knees and old man jeans 

You missed the running shoes that make me jealous because my quick-fatiguing feet could never get away with them.  

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 1:53 PM, WARPed1701D said:

Voice. "May I pass on your left please!". Weighs nothing...costs nothing...and informational so that in most cases people step to the right (although the muppets out there have been known to step left into your path).

Most people thank me for warning them as I pass (too many joggers and cyclists just blow past slower traffic with no warning and little noise causing them to get a scare). Some however, in their own oblivious earbud music filled world, jump out their skins anyway but that is their problem for not being aware of their surroundings.

I never pass if there is insufficient room. I just shout louder.

Pretty much the same as the above. I don't say "may I", but I do say thank you when I pass. 

• Upvote 1