How to excuse your self in the path of pedestrians

43 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

As do I. :thumbup: Politeness costs nothing. 

First impression is huge.  If general public sees us on the EUC for the first time good first impression will go far.  I've been riding on public transit platform since January this year 2018 and no complaints so far.  If I make an eye contact with stranger I wave first. :cheers:

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

Jetsons car sound played on a loop.

Damn, I'd been meaning to try that one... (He beat me to it.) ?

People will think: Does it really sound like that? Sounds familiar...

(BTW: I think euc's should look like briefcases to blend in.)

:lol:  Karma works in funny ways.  I got chased by two little dogs running straight towards me on my ride today.  I think they heard my music playing before their owners realized it, and the two canines went zooming right at me.  Little dogs are kamikaze pilots on four paws!  I had to veer just to avoid running one over. 

I just kept rolling and glancing at them around my back area.  After a short distance they disengaged their pursuit.  :efefc8626c:. I wish I had my selfie stick to film it. 

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wish I had my selfie stick to film it. 

Dogs have a tendency to repeat their actions so I suggest returning to scene tommorow and record episode 2. For an added effect maybe haveTesla pull some t-bones behind you. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Dogs have a tendency to repeat their actions so I suggest returning to scene tommorow and record episode 2. For an added effect maybe haveTesla pull some t-bones behind you. 

That reminds me of an incident.  I was at the lake walking to the shoreline and a German Shephard came  running at me and  barking and growling.  I was at least 100 yards away from the owners.

I slowly started heading back up the hill to my car, after digging through the trash can for a protective weapon.

Didn't find anything heavy enough to protect me, when the dog got close, I would say loudly,  "Go home"  Three times this happened, every time the dog would pause and look towards it's owners.  (I think somebody sicced this dog on me, why, I don't know.  At the time, I thought , how nice, there is nobody there, I can walk to the shoreline and look at the lake.

Finally someone came and tried to control the dog.

I keep thinking about it when I wake up in the morning. 

The only good thing was that it was a young woman in a bikini.

I said to her, "that dog is big enough to kill me! 

I hate unleashed dogs that are big enough to kill me!

Edited by steve454
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, steve454 said:

The only good thing was that it was a young woman in a bikini.

(——> ) Let’s circle back to the bikini clad dog owner. Just like @Hunka Hunka Burning Love NO selfie stick?  You need to return to the scene immediately! I’ll shell out the cash for the meat. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

My Flexmeters with an integrated buzzer. 

41375932125_ece3ee1a54_b.jpg

Fantastic. I may do this!

:cheers:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanjs. I purchased the remote bell/horn on Ebay. 

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Bicycle-Electric-Horn-Cevapro-Rechargeable-Waterproof-Bike-Bell-120db-Loud-/302684776118?txnId=1512588038020

Only a few mods.

1) Ground off the excess plastic and rubber fastener on the actual bell and added a piece of self stick velcro to both wrist guard and bell.

2)  Cut away the excess plastic and rubber loop on the button switch housing

3) Added a little rubber spacer that fit inside of the switch housing to hold my hook velcro.

4) Sewed a piece the pile velcro onto the outside thumb section of the Flexmeter.

5) Routed the wires appropriately to hide their view.

I assumed you bought the horn from Amazon. It's $14 Prime vs $18 EBay. Just letting others know in case they are interested in doing something like this.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I assumed you bought the horn from Amazon. It's $14 Prime vs $18 EBay. Just letting others know in case they are interested in doing something like this.

No I didn’t. That is a much better price. Do they stock it or is it coming from China?

19 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

No I didn’t. That is a much better price. Do they stock it or is it coming from China?

Just ordered one from Amazon Toptrek brand had $2 coupon total cost $ 11.98  Delivery Estimate May 24.  Thank you again @Rehab1 and @Marty Backe.

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

It's Prime, which means 2-day delivery.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's Prime, which means 2-day delivery.

Since your videos and photos are copyrighted I think it is only fair that you use a different color for your bell.:roflmao:

41560334374_6f3ca36b44_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/22/2018 at 4:34 PM, Marty Backe said:

Fantastic. I may do this!

:cheers:

Correction @Marty Backe you MUST do this. You can't  resist. The dark EUC-invention Jedi tell you so.? non can resist the creation-force. Not even mountain-@Marty Backe ?

• 5 months later...

I used to have this on my finger but have attached to the wrist guards so i never forget it.  Its a standard bike bell. I can ring it with my index finger.  It's loud enough to warn pedestrians without being rude. 

20181027_113218_HDR-1392x1856.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/15/2018 at 11:21 AM, Marty Backe said:

BTW, the latest WheelLog that @MacPara has been working on now allows you to sound the Gotway beeper by pressing the middle button on the Pebble watch. I suggested this feature and he amazingly whipped it out within a couple of days. It works great!

Do you by chance know if this works for the Inmotion V10?

2 hours ago, Dan NYC said:

Do you by chance know if this works for the Inmotion V10?

I doubt it, but don't have any facts on the matter. And I don't think that feature is in the versions of WheelLog being released now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 3:47 AM, smarty said:

I used to have this on my finger but have attached to the wrist guards so i never forget it.  Its a standard bike bell. I can ring it with my index finger.  It's loud enough to warn pedestrians without being rude. 

20181027_113218_HDR-1392x1856.jpg

It doesn't look that conformable though, I imagine it can hurt when you fall on it