Unicycle storage (holder, dock etc)

Bosstin

On 5/13/2018 at 6:04 PM, ir_fuel said:

Printed in PLA?

Well, don't get one of those and leave ir out in the California sunshine, or your wheel will for certain fall off...

Should have printed them in at least PETG IMO.

Who stores their wheels outside? :)  My PLA stands have been in service (indoors) for 9 months plus and I never had a failure with wheels as large and heavy as the Monster on them.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2018 at 11:37 AM, EUC GUY said:

my store links to duf's store :) hehe. i dont make them myself. Also dont forget that they are free to download so you can print locally

Please do. I made it for everyone to print.

Yea feel free to print stands using Mathias's designs all day long.  I just tweaked them slightly just to add some personalization.  This my store link - https://eucarmy.com/store/  If I was a smart individual I would probably stop selling them because I'm not sure if I am even breaking even at this point but it's my way of giving back to the community. 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2018 at 7:50 PM, Duf said:

Who stores their wheels outside? :)  

Not talking about storage, just parking in the sun. Weight won't be the problem. That's right.

I only use PLA for decorative stuff tbh.

12 hours ago, Andee said:

The V8 has its own little stand thing built in. Also, if that is not sufficient, I usually just lean it against a wall or something... you people and your fancy stands.

My Mten3 easily falls over. And I don't always have a wall to put it against.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 3:48 PM, Bosstin said:

Anyway the guitar stand works okay,  I'd advise anyone else who might be getting one to look at how high up the bars are. This one is so low the wheel is actually still on the ground...

Did you try to set the bars closer together by moving the position of the pin on the back? That should prevent the tire from touching the ground

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

My Mten3 easily falls over. And I don't always have a wall to put it against.

If you install a trolley on your Mten3 like I did, the trolley doubles as fantastic stand.

• 7 months later...
On 5/24/2018 at 11:38 PM, Andee said:

The V8 has its own little stand thing built in. Also, if that is not sufficient, I usually just lean it against a wall or something... you people and your fancy stands.

lol! That’s what I’m saying. Just prop it against a wall. Mine have never fell. 

C72B472B-16B6-4D20-B116-8A35D5738C11.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/21/2018 at 8:48 AM, Bosstin said:

Definitely right about the vinyl - such a pain! It looked good until I decided to take my v8 to a quarry yesterday and fell off a few times...

Anyway the guitar stand works okay,  I'd advise anyone else who might be getting one to look at how high up the bars are. This one is so low the wheel is actually still on the ground...

20180518_172453.thumb.jpg.d7321982a554569a3244a50092497a08.jpg

The angle of the stand can be reduced by setting the round tab in the back to one of several positions.

Got tired of cleaning paint residue from my wheels from leaning them on the wall. So, Here's what me and Home Depot came up with.  I built 5 of these, and still have reserve material to build more should I ever become a wheel hoarder :)

DIY wheelstand side view.jpg

DIY wheelstand top view.jpg

IMG_20181218_203658.jpg

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 3

On 5/24/2018 at 11:38 PM, Andee said:

:D:D Mine is functional, but it sure ain't fancy. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rwent1 said:

Wow! You definitely win the prize for the most impressive docking station. 

Thank you :)

3 hours ago, rwent1 said:

What charger are you using in this?

This is a generic 6 A / 84 V charger, modified by adding current and voltage regulation & readout and Lenovo cables (to be compatible with KS-18L/XL charging ports). I bought the original charger at one of Polish stores -  https://nexun.pl/pl/p/Ladowarka-20s-84V-6A-505W/522 - it's also available on AliExpress in many flavours.

21 minutes ago, Seba said:

Thank you :)

This is a generic 6 A / 84 V charger, modified by adding current and voltage regulation & readout and Lenovo cables (to be compatible with KS-18L/XL charging ports). I bought the original charger at one of Polish stores -  https://nexun.pl/pl/p/Ladowarka-20s-84V-6A-505W/522 - it's also available on AliExpress in many flavours.

Thanks, @Seba. Yep, I've seen these. Rats. I was hoping this was a commercial product. Where'd you get the regulator and display parts? (kit or did you design/build the circuitry yourself?)

Modification of the charger is not particularly difficult. The charger's electronics include two adjustable resistors for factory calibration of output voltage and current limitation. In a simplified way, the conversion consists in replacing them with potentiometers mounted in the enclosure. Additionally, a ready-made current and voltage meter module is added. Such a module costs very little and can be connected to any charger, just to control the charging process.

https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-DC-100V-10A-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Blue-Red-LED-Amp-Dual-Digital-Volt-Meter-Gauge/32814017487.html?albbt=Google_7_shopping&isdl=y&slnk=&albslr=228348304&src=google&acnt=494-037-6276&aff_platform=google&crea=pl32814017487&netw=u&plac=&albcp=1623752838&mtctp=&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjIKs74af4AIVBaaaCh2GIQZjEAQYASABEgJgy_D_BwE&albag=61296248786&albch=shopping&albagn=888888&trgt=296904914040&device=c&gclsrc=aw.ds

There are even meters that have the function of measuring the flowing charge (so called Coulomb counting) and show on the display the number of watt-hours taken by the battery. Ideal solution for the charger :)

https://www.banggood.com/pl/100V-10A-DC-Combo-Meter-Volt-Amp-Power-Watt-Capacity-Panel-Meter-Monitor-for-Oled-p-1044480.html?gmcCountry=PL&currency=EUR&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_bgs&utm_content=zouzou&utm_campaign=pla-pl-css-elc2-pc&cur_warehouse=CN

I plan to write an article on my blog in detail about the process of modification of such a charger, I hope to publish it this month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Additionally, a ready-made current and voltage meter module is added. Such a module costs very little and can be connected to any charger, just to control the charging process.

I would not trust a voltmeter / current meter bought from Aliexpress for a few $

these can be terribly  out of range ,especially if choosing to monitor your charging voltage 

I have bought a few and found them to be upto and over 1 Volt from actual and the potential for overcharging  ???

Spend thousands on a wheel and cut corners on modifying yr chargers Hoo Hmm

Edited by Gaz Bon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaz Bon said:

I would not trust a voltmeter / current meter bought from Aliexpress for a few $

these can be terribly  out of range ,especially if choosing to monitor your charging voltage 

I have bought a few and found them to be upto and over 1 Volt from actual and the potential for overcharging  ???

Spend thousands on a wheel and cut corners on modifying yr chargers Hoo Hmm

Aren't there adjustment pots for calibrating behind the meter though? Still, I get your point, I wouldn't personally trust them too much when it comes to actually adjusting the charger output voltage... That's what the HP34401A is for  (kidding, probably a "normal" multimeter is enough) ;)

Edited by esaj
  • Like 2