Unicycle storage (holder, dock etc)

Bosstin

31 minutes ago, esaj said:

Aren't there adjustment pots for calibrating behind the meter though? Still, I get your point, I wouldn't personally trust them too much when it comes to actually adjusting the charger output voltage... That's what the HP34401A is for  (kidding, probably a "normal" multimeter is enough) ;)

I work in a world were everything is calibrated so I always double check as my signature when tested is saying as much 

• Like 1

@Seba your a brother from a different mother. High fives on your excellent custom stand. You definitely had the passion and expertise to create this unique and highly functional structure to support your wheels. :cheers:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

I would not trust a voltmeter / current meter bought from Aliexpress for a few $

these can be terribly  out of range ,especially if choosing to monitor your charging voltage 

I have bought a few and found them to be upto and over 1 Volt from actual and the potential for overcharging  ???

Spend thousands on a wheel and cut corners on modifying yr chargers Hoo Hmm

You're right, these meters are not of laboratory precision :) But if you calibrate it by yourself, they keep required accuracy and precision. And we still have to remember that this is for monitoring purpose - meter (even inaccurate) won't interfere into the charging process. So it's better to have a slightly inaccurate meter than not having any.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

@Seba your a brother from a different mother. High fives on your excellent custom stand. You definitely had the passion and expertise to create this unique and highly functional structure to support your wheels. :cheers:

Thank you for your kind  words :) I'm afraid you're overrating my skills and talents, but... thanks! :D

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 11:56 AM, esaj said:

Aren't there adjustment pots for calibrating behind the meter though? Still, I get your point, I wouldn't personally trust them too much when it comes to actually adjusting the charger output voltage... That's what the HP34401A is for  (kidding, probably a "normal" multimeter is enough) ;)

Latest news - trimming pot is installed in standard, 7-segment LED amps/volts meter used in many EUC fast chargers. Sadly, there is no trim pot in this new, "7-in-1" meter  with OLED display. I bought two meters to test and make another upgrade of my already upgraded fast charger. First I've checked measurement errors. Current metering path seems be very precise, withing tenths of milliampere. But both showed similar voltage measuremen error, showing 11.8 volts for 12 volts of actual voltage.

However it was very easy to solve - I just replaced 10 kohm resistor in the low side of voltage divider with 10 kohm resistor + 1 kohm trim pot in series and voilla! Now it's easy to calibrate the meter and it's really precise and stable. NSo nw I have a complete readout - not only voltage and current, but also charging power and overall charge transferred to the battery. For minor features there is also timer and temperature measurement.

If one have a charger with simple, volt/amp meter with LED readout it is very easy to replace with this new one. Dimensions and plastic housing is the same, but there may be different signal order in the smaller, 3-pin connector. Wire colors are unchanged (black is ground, red is meter power and yellow is charger output/measured voltage), so you just need to rearrange the pins in the connector.

DSC03056.thumb.jpg.25cf9481aabc0852c4ebbe1bc3251fa7.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2019 at 9:54 PM, Gadgetfann said:

I already replied to a post in the mods section, but thought I’d post this here in case anyone is looking for a way to store multiple EUCs.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0178QBDP4/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_DYmrCbJ3WN5QH

It took me a while to find something that would work for my Z10, KS18L and Glide 3.

Might be the perfect solution.

14838F8E-5D06-426C-82E7-20488F5E5EB7.jpeg

B7C0921D-05E4-4294-9687-24C13A3C4C74.jpeg

Hey ! It work for MSX you think ?? don't broken ?

Edited by kelec_947

• 2 weeks later...

Rack as many as three wheels for under twenty bucks and zero labor by using off-the-shelf bed risers.

Pros: Cheap, simple, sturdy, works with any size wheel (my MTen3 up to V10F, at least). Tire completely off floor. Portable.

Cons: Takes a little bit of dexterity while stowing wheel to plant the bases of the pedals directly over the risers. Risers easy to knock out of position if you screw up.

If I was just a tiny bit less lazy, I would use the screw holes that already exist in the bases of my risers and screw them into a piece of plywood (or even cardboard) so they can no longer be bumped out of position.

yjz9eLDax-f3TXMxarWsNuUR47gZ8VVK3o2vfPUJRisers_Walmart.thumb.PNG.a49d69472f5fe644a5bd8abdd204fa82.PNG

Edited by beast@tanagra

i print my own from my own 3d model.. design changes to suit the euc that it holds.. heres a couple examples, a very simplistic and extremely sturdy design

20180821_163336.jpg

20190228_181427.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Coco66 said:

Mind sharing the 3d file in Thingiverse?

me? sure here, easy enough to alter.. this one in particular is for the 18 xl so it should be fine as is for the v8

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3692438