Unicycle storage (holder, dock etc)

Bosstin

Hi Folks, 

First post here,  I've been learning to ride on a friend's Ninebot One over the last couple of months and just got an Inmotion V8 this week :D commuting to work has never been so fun!

So currently it is propped up against a wall on a floor mat and keeps falling over so I'm just wondering how people store their wheels? I saw Rehab1 post up the following picture with what looks like a guitar stand, although the pic is tiny ? seems like it could be a winner. But what other methods or hacky/DIY solutions do people use for holders/docks?

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Printed in PLA?

Well, don't get one of those and leave ir out in the California sunshine, or your wheel will for certain fall off...

Should have printed them in at least PETG IMO.

Edited by ir_fuel

This is the same model of stand i use for my InMotion V8 (although i bought it in the store of MobilityUrban.fr):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018FCZKR2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL

I think it works great for the V8. You can see more pictures in this album, specifically the places where the EUC rests.

20180514_002947.jpg

• Like 3

Just checked the license of the design on Thingiverse and it seems he allows it:

EUC STAND 2.0! by EUGUY is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

What does this mean?

You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
Commercial use is allowed.

So if anyone in Europe wants one, just let me know. 

17 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@Duf also has some sturdy looking 3D printed stands available.

http://blog.duf.net/2018/04/04/simple-store-funny-footage/

my store links to duf's store :) hehe. i dont make them myself. Also dont forget that they are free to download so you can print locally

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

Just checked the license of the design on Thingiverse and it seems he allows it:

So if anyone in Europe wants one, just let me know. 

Please do. I made it for everyone to print.

• Like 2

Looks like @EUC GUY, the designer of the stand, has out-sourced them to an off-shore production company.  :whistling:  Does PLA melt that easily?  I would think most riders wouldn't store their wheels in hot environments or direct sunlight as that's not good for battery life.  

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Awesome stuff, love the DIY designs.

21 hours ago, cyberal said:

This is the same model of stand i use for my InMotion V8 (although i bought it in the store of MobilityUrban.fr):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018FCZKR2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL

I think it works great for the V8. You can see more pictures in this album, specifically the places where the EUC rests.

20180514_002947.jpg

Wow, it's like it's made for it! Rubber top bit definitely needed. Annoying that the V8 has such a shiny finish. I see you've also covered the foot pads - I've just ordered some vinyl to cover mine as there are already a few scratches from when it wobbled out on me ? 

I've found a very similar one on UK amazon so I might give that a try while I check out those 3d printed designs...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Does PLA melt that easily?  I would think most riders wouldn't store their wheels in hot environments or direct sunlight as that's not good for battery life.  

PLA becomes soft from approx 50 degrees Celsius. PETG goes up to 75 degrees. Material price / kg is the same.

All depends on how you use this. If it is to store it in your garage, then of course there is no problem. If you take one with you to park your EUC outside, then it could become one.

That's all I wanted to say.

The above print is done in PETG.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You have 3 ACMs?

I thought I was a little wacky, owning two ACMs. But three has a nice ring to it :thumbup:

• Like 2

On 5/14/2018 at 10:17 PM, Bosstin said:

I've just ordered some vinyl to cover mine as there are already a few scratches from when it wobbled out on me ? 

It's very hard if not impossible to do a good job at wrapping with vinyl if you want to cover the entire pedal. The borders always end up wrinkling up and ungluing no matter how much effort you put into stretching the vinyl correctly. It does help save it from scratches tho (if your vinyl is thick enough). The one i bought is this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B3C5O9K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2018 at 9:25 PM, cyberal said:

It's very hard if not impossible to do a good job at wrapping with vinyl if you want to cover the entire pedal. The borders always end up wrinkling up and ungluing no matter how much effort you put into stretching the vinyl correctly. It does help save it from scratches tho (if your vinyl is thick enough). The one i bought is this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B3C5O9K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Definitely right about the vinyl - such a pain! It looked good until I decided to take my v8 to a quarry yesterday and fell off a few times...

Anyway the guitar stand works okay,  I'd advise anyone else who might be getting one to look at how high up the bars are. This one is so low the wheel is actually still on the ground...

20180518_172453.thumb.jpg.d7321982a554569a3244a50092497a08.jpg

• Upvote 2