The joy of EUC riding

Jerome

Birds of feather do flock together.  I was starting to regret posting that post.  I had one and only encounter with Long Bow that I will never forget.  It happened around 25 years ago, I was at the indoor shooting range 20 yards, feeling the zone, guy next to me was shooting a long bow and asked me to try his bow.  I was reluctant but what modern archer wouldn't want to try the legendary bow the Robin Hood used.  There I was pulling the bow back and let one fly.  OMG the whiplash was not what I expected and needless to say the bow flew out of my hand out 20-25 feet.  Everyone at the range stopped and their jaws dropped.  Yes I had to walk that walk of shame to retrieve the bow. :facepalm:  I think long bow is beautiful and would love to add to my collection. 

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 2:55 PM, UniVehje said:

Good point. I do archery too, traditional long bow instinctive. Very much the same feeling without the speed. The one-with-the-wheel/arrow -feeling is really wonderful and that total concentration makes me forget work and stress. 

I used to enjoy snowboarding but EUC riding is even more fun and the slope lasts for hours. 

Like the EUC's each style of Bow have their own characteristics.  We shot our bow's mainly to hunt Mule deer in my area.  My bow is PSA Thunder Express circa 1989, set at 77# with 50% let off.  The arrow is aluminum 2317 by Easton (put the arrows together myself).  We normally shot 100-150 shots a day for a month before the opening day for the hunt.  I sorta hold a record, among the group I hunted with, for bagging the deer with the first shot of the season, three years in the row.  The experience these beautiful animals allowed me is something I will treasure through out my life.  I do not hunt anymore, would like to pass down the experience to the next generation so they can learn what I've learned from the Nature...

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Tune said:

So how about doing archery while riding an EUC? =D

You just gave me a good idea on how to perform a suspension test video when I get the V11 and S18. :D

Mark Lee, it's awesome to see a post from someone just discovering euc's and their amazingnes and seeing that you are now a big member of this forum and still (as far as I can tell) an avid euc rider. I think all of us had this feeling when we learned to ride and had the freedom it gives us.