Jump to content

The joy of EUC riding


Jerome
 Share

Recommended Posts

$85 for a ski lift? I'll have a couple for my back yard at that price...?

Seriously, i spent ages today just aimlessly wheeling around the school playground next to my house this afternoon. Its maybe as big as a tennis court but i was quite happy just doing circles and nothing in particular. My wife thinks i have a screw loose. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nute said:

My wife thinks i have a screw loose. 

Trust me you don’t! In my case it is the other way around.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nute said:

$85 for a ski lift? I'll have a couple for my back yard at that price...?

Seriously, i spent ages today just aimlessly wheeling around the school playground next to my house this afternoon. Its maybe as big as a tennis court but i was quite happy just doing circles and nothing in particular. My wife thinks i have a screw loose. 

Sorry, for my poor English.  English is my second language, never had a job that required much writing.  I was hired at Coke production facility, one of maga plants, producing over 30 million cases a year. when I was 21 years old (what were they thinking :facepalm:) as Quality Control Laboratory Technician / Microbiologist.  Worked there for 10 years... Yes we get by with what we can here in America. Sorry to mangle this beautiful language... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kasenutty said:

Your english is great, you must have picked up a lot being a coke dealer for all those years. 

Ha ha good one.... Don't miss it at all, working 60-72 hrs a week during summer months really sucked.  :furious: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

Your english IS really good though, don't feel bad at all. I enjoy your posts. 

Thanks brother.  :cheers: I think you understand (as American) how we write as concise as possible.  My grammar is  not up to UK standards... :smartass:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2018 at 8:55 PM, Jerome said:

I have never driven an ultra-light plane, or para-glided or hang glided, so I can't speak to the joys of those endeavors. I have ridden/driven everything from manual kick scooters to sport touring motorcycles and none of them have I enjoyed as much as my limited time riding a euc. I think there is a zen a true one-with-the-wheel feelings that is rare and special. Unlike almost anything else I have ever done, I don't see that special feeling going away as long as I can ride. Anyone bored with riding an euc (not bored because it is too slow, big, breaks to often, etc) just bored with riding an euc?

There is one activity that is Zen with one is an Archery...  When you are in the zone, you become one with the arrow... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Sorry, for my poor English.  English is my second language, never had a job that required much writing.  I was hired at Coke production facility, one of maga plants, producing over 30 million cases a year. when I was 21 years old (what were they thinking :facepalm:) as Quality Control Laboratory Technician / Microbiologist.  Worked there for 10 years... Yes we get by with what we can here in America. Sorry to mangle this beautiful language... 

Ah :rolleyes: trust me, you're not massacring anything.  The native English speakers here have been doing it for quite some time already.  :whistling:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ah :rolleyes: trust me, you're not massacring anything.  The native English speakers here have been doing it for quite some time already.  :whistling:

Thanks @Hunka Hunka Burning Love, since you're here, let's go off the topic once again :facepalm:... I had very exciting day today to pay for my next wheel :clap3:...  As soon as Marty recommends 18" class wheel :whistling:...  One of my tenant found 2001 BMW 325i with 158k miles for $2500, with little love, will sell it for $ 4000-$5000...  It's my first BMW I've owned, it drove nice :thumbup:... 

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Thanks @Hunka Hunka Burning Love, since you're here, let's go off the topic once again :facepalm:... I had very exciting day today to pay for my next wheel :clap3:...  As soon as Marty recommends 18" class wheel :whistling:...  One of my tenant found 2001 BMW 325i with 158k miles for $2500, with little love, will sell it for $ 4000-$5000...  It's my first BMW I've owned, it drove nice :thumbup:... 

I was looking at some 2009 BMW 335xi's with the turbo, but then I saw this video :blink: which changed my mind...  Maybe the G37x is better...

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I was looking at some 2009 BMW 335xi's with the turbo, but then I saw this video :blink: which changed my mind...  Maybe the G37x is better...

 

so much heavy breathing and intensity! how can he narrate without letting any dubious double-entendres slip out - amazing!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is much better when you can ride in the city.  It makes everything so reachable.  My wife likes it now since I can carry my son when he gets tired of walking or even biking.  I carry him in one hand and the bike in another.  There is definitely a sense on one’ness with the wheel you are riding, like it is an extension of you.  Loved it on my recent trip to Washington DC.  I was able to do all the attractions without breaking a sweat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

It is much better when you can ride in the city.  It makes everything so reachable.  My wife likes it now since I can carry my son when he gets tired of walking or even biking.  I carry him in one hand and the bike in another.  There is definitely a sense on one’ness with the wheel you are riding, like it is an extension of you.  Loved it on my recent trip to Washington DC.  I was able to do all the attractions without breaking a sweat.

I was thinking earlier today about how we don't often discuss how nice it is that riding a wheel allows you the use of your hands.  I bought a backpack when I first got my EUC, but find I often just carry stuff normally.  That said, I don't need to tell you how careful you should be riding with a young one.  Personally, I wouldn't do it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I was looking at some 2009 BMW 335xi's with the turbo, but then I saw this video :blink: which changed my mind...  Maybe the G37x is better...

 

Had an opportunity to drive 2001 M3, 6 speed manual with 2 stage racing clutch, last weekend.:D  Fun car, did not know, what is involved in the cost of maintenance.  It takes special oil 10W-60, just oil change is around $100 if you did it yourself:blink1:... I do love supercharged motor with high altitude we deal with here.  Never had turbo... Like EUC need to do ample research before you pull the trigger... :cheers:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mezzanine said:

I was thinking earlier today about how we don't often discuss how nice it is that riding a wheel allows you the use of your hands.  I bought a backpack when I first got my EUC, but find I often just carry stuff normally.  That said, I don't need to tell you how careful you should be riding with a young one.  Personally, I wouldn't do it.  

I wouldn’t do it on a gotway.  Lol. But on flat surface I’m fairly confident it won’t cut out.  Plus when I do it, I’m extra careful and slow, most of the time.  Once he learns, then I won’t have to do this. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Had an opportunity to drive 2001 M3, 6 speed manual with 2 stage racing clutch, last weekend.:D  Fun car, did not know, what is involved in the cost of maintenance.  It takes special oil 10W-60, just oil change is around $100 if you did it yourself:blink1:...

That's still a cheap car to run ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

That's still a cheap car to run ? 

Interesting.  M3 is my good friend and mechanic's daughter's car.  My friend calls BMW "Bavarian Money Waster.":facepalm:  Part of the problem here in U.S. is availability to buy parts for this rare car.  If you have information on good place to obtain parts for this car, would appreciate the information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Interesting.  M3 is my good friend and mechanic's daughter's car.  My friend calls BMW "Bavarian Money Waster.":facepalm:  Part of the problem here in U.S. is availability to buy parts for this rare car.  If you have information on good place to obtain parts for this car, would appreciate the information.

I know some good places. But as you can see from my location I don't think they will be very useful for your friend.

If you think BMW is bad, try using a Porsche on the race track ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I know some good places. But as you can see from my location I don't think they will be very useful for your friend.

If you think BMW is bad, try using a Porsche on the race track ? 

I totally understand.  High performance and Fun factor = $$$.  In long range target shooting out to around 1,000 yards, price for the components that's involved to make it happen goes way up (it's worth every penny;)).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2018 at 6:53 AM, Mark Lee said:

There is one activity that is Zen with one is an Archery...  When you are in the zone, you become one with the arrow... 

Good point. I do archery too, traditional long bow instinctive. Very much the same feeling without the speed. The one-with-the-wheel/arrow -feeling is really wonderful and that total concentration makes me forget work and stress. 

I used to enjoy snowboarding but EUC riding is even more fun and the slope lasts for hours. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...