How do you test your EUC?

Rehab1

Many members want to test their EUCs for durability, speed, degree of grade, agility, distance, off roading ability, etc. Unfortunately not everyone has an oasis of exciting trails and mountainous regions like @Marty Backe.  I’m curious if other members have a specific road or trail they use to test their EUCs. 

Last year I used an auto proving grounds called the Michigan Technical Resource Park (MTRP) to test my previous 5 wheels. I am again considering going back to MTRP to test my new Tesla and V10F.  http://www.mitrp.com/

Aerial photo of the MTRP Proving Grounds. In addition to riding on the facility’s 1.75 mile oval track I also climbed their 20% and 30 % hill grade (red circle)

42056438151_71be892cc6_b.jpg

41336091624_54c742d8da_b.jpg

27103605148_0974ddaeaa_b.jpg

Now the facility is expanding. Toyota has just leased the infield of the oval track to build their own proving grounds to test autonomous vehicles. https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/34514345

Unfortunately my testing days at MTRP may be numbered once construction of the new facility  begins. I need to contact the president of the facility to see if my site privileges remain valid. I’m not really interested in the oval track but the hill grade would be interesting again. 

43 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

If I'm not mistaken that is our very own @zlymex.  And this following one I'm pretty sure is @meepmeepmayer.   98.2% certainty.  :whistling:

Yeah, that's Meep's signature trick, "Bavarian Blizzard" 

Before this becomes another one of these threads...

Not sure about this "hill". It's good for finding out whether a wheel is so (too) weak that it can't even get up there, and you can see how snappy and torque-y your wheel behaves on a certain incline (well, one of the two options).

The interesting part is overheating/long-term behavior though, and that needs a real hill Backe-style.

(Note to  Hunka: Backe Style is also the title of the upcoming MB brand cover of Gangnam Style, so I have dibs on that and all MB Kpop!)

28 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The interesting part is overheating/long-term behavior though, and that needs a real hill Backe-style.

Finding @Marty Backe’s God given terrain can be difficult if not impossible to locate for most members. I enjoyed evaluating the hill climbing power of each wheel at the facilty but your correct that a sustained hill climb over uneven terrain would be ideal. The proving grounds does have an interesting loose and firm media area that would be great to test the  Z10.

41389094504_2216a78f90_b.jpg

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Finding @Marty Backe’s God given terrain can be difficult if not impossible to locate for most members. I enjoyed evaluating the hill climbing power of each wheel at the facilty but your correct that a sustained hill climb over uneven terrain would be ideal. The proving grounds does have an interesting loose and firm media area that would be great to test the  Z10.

I respectfully disagree. It should be easy for all members to find my local terrain. Just come to California :P

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Note to self: find out what Hunka bets on, and bet on the opposite. Surefire win.

I'm betting you're absolutely correct about that surefire win strategy!  :whistling:

41 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

(Note to  Hunka: Backe Style is also the title of the upcoming MB brand cover of Gangnam Style, so I have dibs on that and all MB Kpop!)

<_<  Give a German mouse a Pfeffernüsse, and he'll want all K-pop royalties.  Sigh... oh well, there's plenty of Marty BackeTM to go around!  :w00t2:  Sharing is caringTM and dipping into joint synergistic royalties!

41 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm betting you're absolutely correct about that surefire win strategy!  :whistling:

Hey no (attempted)  logic paradoxes! I'm going to define "surefire" as 100% - some arbitrarily tiny epsilon (so not "absolutely") and that fixes that, though (and you lose another bet if I'm right). Now if you had written "mostly" that would have been a head-scratcher (I guess if you define that as 50%, you can't disinguish between winning and losing, so that might work). "More correct than not" would have been really mean.

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What weather condition rhymes with brain, grain, train and plane?:cry2:

I suck at rhymes. Tornado?

Archived