New INMOTION app

em1barns

I thought I would start a new topic so @Bobwheel and @Jeffrey Scott Will can get community feedback.

Overall, it is a very good incremental improvement, and the landing page is finally the vehicle one.

First notes (will add more over time):

- after 7km on v8 and 60wh consumed according to the app, the battery still shows 100%. It was the same on the former app, so I guess battery level is based on voltage.

- similarly, estimated remaining mileage stays at 50km

1 hour ago, em1barns said:

I thought I would start a new topic so @Bobwheel and @Jeffrey Scott Will can get community feedback.

Overall, it is a very good incremental improvement, and the landing page is finally the vehicle one.

First notes (will add more over time):

- after 7km on v8 and 60wh consumed according to the app, the battery still shows 100%. It was the same on the former app, so I guess battery level is based on voltage.

- similarly, estimated remaining mileage stays at 50km

On the V8 100% charge is anything over 82.5V. If you fully charged your wheel (especially if you left it on the charger) to 84V then you can ride several miles without the percentage dropping. This is a firmware thing. Not sure what they can do about the estimated mileage other than assume that after you ride some more it may take those initial 'free' miles into account. 

20 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

On the V8 100% charge is anything over 82.5V. If you fully charged your wheel (especially if you left it on the charger) to 84V then you can ride several miles without the percentage dropping. This is a firmware thing. Not sure what they can do about the estimated mileage other than assume that after you ride some more it may take those initial 'free' miles into account. 

I use the charge doctor on my side. When charged to 84v, I am only at 90% actual capacity, ie if I continue charging, I can add 48wh.

I don’t have the same issue with my Ninebot s2, so probably some improvements are required at the bms level. 

In any case, displaying 60wh usage and 100% battery on the same screen is misleading.

when i go to settings, the first screen that pops up is inmotion warning me not to go faster than 14mph and the speed slider is rest to 14mph. i move it to 24mph and exit. everytime i open the settings page, same thing. haven’t tried running it to see if my higher speed stayed locked in.

5 hours ago, em1barns said:

I use the charge doctor on my side. When charged to 84v, I am only at 90% actual capacity, ie if I continue charging, I can add 48wh.

I don’t have the same issue with my Ninebot s2, so probably some improvements are required at the bms level. 

In any case, displaying 60wh usage and 100% battery on the same screen is misleading.

84v is just under the voltage where the constant voltage decreasing current stage of charging kicks in. It is fair to say that this is when the remaining 10% of capacity is crammed in. 

I understand you frustration but this is the issue with determining capacity from voltage alone. Only if they used smart batteries that monitored Wh in and Wh out would you get a more accurate mileage. 

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Full charging my V10F with charge doctor shows 84.7V FWIW.

Mine is about the same. I believe the diode results in an artificially high reading on the charger side of the diode. 

3 hours ago, Jrosenzweig said:

@Bobwheel and @Jeffrey Scott Will noticing the latest Android app v7.0 is using almost 2%/hr when not in use, hopefully you have seen this or have a idea on mitigation. I'm running a note 8.

Thanks,

Jason

I think that is because the App is consistenly using the phone's location and GPS even though in the background. That is what happened to me on the iOS version.

Maybe it would be better if it just does it under recording your ride. Other than that, it shouldn't. Especially while in the background.

Archived