Split second Tesla cutout

When I was riding my tesla the first few times, at a speed of about 45kmh, the tesla dropped me quite forward and then recovered, in half a second, just as you tell it.

I recalibrated it and it never happened again.

Recently i was having problems too:

As i started to accelerate, the euc drove me forward, but this time I did not get straight until I took about 15kmh. When I finished braking, I also leaned forward a lot.

I recalibrated it several times, and in the end it stopped doing it.

Although it still feels very soft compared to when I bought it.

I think it has something to do with the calibration point, but I'm completely ignorant of that.

You can try to recalibrate it on diferent ways.

Good luck!

12 minutes ago, Rubyuni said:

When I was riding my tesla the first few times, at a speed of about 45kmh, the tesla dropped me quite forward and then recovered, in half a second, just as you tell it.

I recalibrated it and it never happened again.

Recently i was having problems too:

As i started to accelerate, the euc drove me forward, but this time I did not get straight until I took about 15kmh. When I finished braking, I also leaned forward a lot.

I recalibrated it several times, and in the end it stopped doing it.

I think it has something to do with the calibration point, but I'm completely ignorant of that.

You can try to recalibrate it on diferent ways.

Good luck!

Thats not recalibration...that sounds like ride mode!

Set the ride mode to "powerful" or hard...and then after that DO NOT ENTER the Gotway app again!

Some of the Gotway apps on every entering set back the ride mode to soft.....

15 minutes ago, Rubyuni said:

!!!!!!!

Wheels feels soft = one of the two capacitors (brown cyclinders on the board) might be broken. They act as instant power reserve and if one of them is disabled, the wheel will feel more mushy/soft/weak.

That would mean you need a new board before the other one dies too and you faceplant.

edit: Ok or it's the ride mode:efeec46606: if you use the iOS app, it resets setting every time you reconnect.

3 minutes ago, US69 said:

Thats not recalibration...that sounds like ride mode!

Set the ride mode to "powerful" or hard...and then after that DO NOT ENTER the Gotway app again!

Some of the Gotway apps on every entering set back the ride mode to soft.....

Thanks for the information, I did not know I was losing the configuration when enter Gotway app.

I've tried all the ride modes, and they all feel the same or very similar.

1 minute ago, Rubyuni said:

Thanks for the information, I did not know I was losing the configuration when enter Gotway app.

I've tried all the ride modes, and they all feel the same or very similar.

There should definitly be a significant difference between powerfull and weakest mode! Perhaps thats because of allways setting back.

In general i would only use the company app when needing to calibrate/change ride mode...but only then! 

For normal use third party apps like wheellog/darkness Bot/Gyrometrics are much better

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

!!!!!!!

Wheels feels soft = one of the two capacitors (brown cyclinders on the board) might be broken. They act as instant power reserve and if one of them is disabled, the wheel will feel more mushy/soft/weak.

That would mean you need a new board before the other one dies too and you faceplant.

Today I have been riding with gotway msuper v3 that has let me a friend, and it was also very soft.

Much more than my tesla.

I think that Gotway (and maybe others) are losing firmness with the passage of time.

How can I check the capacitors? Thank you so much.

They definitely do not lose firmness with time, that would be a cause for alarm. But GWs generally are on the softer side (at least the non-hardest ride modes).

You can look at the capacitors and see if something looks bad or maybe they are disconnected from the board. But I think from your description, it really are the ride modes. So enter app, set a ride mode, and never use the iOS app again (unless you have to).

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

They definitely do not lose firmness with time, that would be a cause for alarm. But GWs generally are on the softer side (at least the non-hardest ride modes).

You can look at the capacitors and see if something looks bad or maybe they are disconnected from the board. But I think from your description, it really are the ride modes. So enter app, set a ride mode, and never use the iOS app again (unless you have to).

The newest GWs, or more concret, all GW with Tesla motor, are the hardest ride/pedal mode in EUC world.

Yes, the older Msuper/Acm where more soft...but now this is history....

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Just to clarify, the Tesla and later Gotway wheels are as hard as a granite outcropping. 

10 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Don't the boards on these work loose? Maybe check all the screws are tight. 

Ha, I just came back to mention this! It would have the same effect as a defective gyro but be really easy to fix. 

Archived