Operating in cold temperature

xor

I live in a place where winters are very cold (-20 - -30 degrees Celsius). I want to buy Ninebot One to get to work, which is 2.5 km from home. However I'm not sure if it worth it for me if I would not be able to use it for 4-5 months in a year due to low temperatures.

On the website http://www.ninebot.com/ninebot/NinebotOne/ it says that working temperature is from -10 to +45 degrees. 

What would happen if I use Ninebot for 15 minutes to get to work in cold -25 degrees weather?

Do you have experience of using Ninebot in a cold weather?

Also, will it be able to ride on a snowy road like the one on the picture?Snowy_road_Sosonka_2013_G1.jpg

As vee73 says. As long as you start with the wheel at room temperature  inside your house and put it somewhere warm at work then with the additional small amount of heat produced by the battery and motor in use it would probably take more than 15 minutes for the wheel temperature to drop to unusable levels.

Just don't hang around once you take it out into the cold. :)

Snowy roads are going to be your main problem.

You should check out vee73 's article on how he made his own studded tyre. Unfortunately you can only buy studded bike tyres in the larger sizes so it has to be a diy job.

Archived