THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 19/12/2023 at 10:57, Voyager said:

Merci pour le divertissement - et les innombrables heures de montage sans aucun doute.

Je vous souhaite le meilleur pour l'année prochaine.

Continuez à rouler..... 

Ou comme Fred Durst l'a dit il y a quelques années, "Keep on Rollin' Baby" (horodaté pour vous) :D 

Rap or hard rock : rap clothes, rock song, rap tempo, rap dance, rock design, rock instruments, rap out of studio, rock in room... that's all, but what's in fact. Nice video so, even if i don't what is it, music maybe.

12 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

We're finding most new Riders are abandoning the concept of the 'learner Wheel' & just getting the model that they actually want to own.

If this trends continues, then it sounds like that the new crops of people who are interested in learning to ride an euc are somehow more gifted than those in the past, or are more patient in the learning process.

Or there has been a new learn-to-ride method discovered to flatten the learning curve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

I think it is more likely the difficulty of learning on a larger wheels is not as monumental as previously thought.

Is your EX30 your first wheel?

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Fantastic interview, nice work Rob. I wouldn't be surprised if Bob joins forces with Leaperkim, they share similar goals/vision. Bob has been in this business for nearly a decade, he would bring a wealth of experience to the team. Everyone likes Bob :)

On the topic of numbers, in 2023 sales of 'entry level' Wheels has really plummeted, I don't think KS/IM are selling as many of those lower end machines as they were earlier. We're finding most new Riders are abandoning the concept of the 'learner Wheel' & just getting the model that they actually want to own. 

It was true for me. My first wheel was the Commander Pro. I was up and running on it comfortably in about 15 minutes and about another 20 to mount it without assistance. It was not pretty, but I got it going. The learning curve for people will always vary. I could talk motor learning all day. It’s right in my wheelhouse. 

BTW, the Bob reference has me dead. When my daughter was in kindergarten one of those commercials came on, “I like Bob. He’s always smiling.” lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, techyiam said:

Is your EX30 your first wheel?

My first wheel was the master, which at the time was not considered a beginner friendly wheel. My partner was having a hard time learning on it, so we thought a T4 would be better for her. She really struggled on the T4, so she would use my master until we got a Sherman-S, which is what she became proficient on. But as far as learning the basics, I would say we both learned on the master. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

My first wheel was the master, which at the time was not considered a beginner friendly wheel.

Not only that, even non-beginner riders may not be at ease right away due to the high COG and high pedal height.

1 hour ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

My partner was having a hard time learning on it, so we thought a T4 would be better for her. She really struggled on the T4, so she would use my master until we got a Sherman-S

Interesting, your S.O. learnt on the Master and not the T4. The T4 is also not a beginner's wheel.

I would have expected both of you to have a easier time learning to ride on a lighter euc.

Having said that, Bob Yan said that while he was at Inmotion, they found that people had the easiest time learning to ride on a V11, not the smaller wheels.

Edited by techyiam

Beginners today on heavy wheels are aliens :(. Actually a baby at birth holds his legs more strongly than his arms. But a teenager without sporting activity is the opposite, the arms become stronger than the legs :roflmao:. Question: how to hold a fifty kilo wheel (V13) in training, and not a fifteen kilo wheel (V5)? :confused1: Extraterrestrials ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Having said that, Bob Yan said that while he was at Inmotion, they found that people had the easiest time learning to ride on a V11, not the smaller wheels.

If you don’t mind my asking, what did you get as your first wheel, and what were your choices at the time?

4 hours ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

If you don’t mind my asking, what did you get as your first wheel, and what were your choices at the time?

I learnt on a Begode T3.

It is a 50 lbs 16" wheel. At the time, I thought it was heavy.

For more money, I could have gotten a Kingsong 18 XL, S18, or V11. The Sherman was available.

My second wheel was a V12.

Edited by techyiam

On 12/20/2023 at 8:51 PM, Jason McNeil said:

On the topic of numbers, in 2023 sales of 'entry level' Wheels has really plummeted, I don't think KS/IM are selling as many of those lower end machines as they were earlier. We're finding most new Riders are abandoning the concept of the 'learner Wheel' & just getting the model that they actually want to own. 

I wonder why.. :rolleyes: It can't be the reason that "entry level" wheels aren't been made anymore?

We are getting around ~10 new heavy, top notch wheels every year. But lightweight wheels??? Only A2, Mten4 over past 4 years.

Also if all new wheels are heavy and only heavy wheels is being made. It will only sell. If you gonna sell only apples and nothing else, people will only buy apples. But some people like oranges. Which aren't been sold anymore. Only old oranges that are already showing age. NOONE WANT'S spoiled oranges.

Edited by Funky

On 12/16/2023 at 3:51 PM, Rfail1988 said:

I conducted an aalysis of everything we know so far about the Commander GT Pro, and divided it into a loose pros/cons discussion. Unfortunately, my camera somehow didn't end up capturing one of the biggest "cons" that I found about this wheel, which is a lack of waterrproofing (that we know of) - so that was sadly not included in this video but is worth considering.

Thanks!  I had not yet heard of this wheel and thanks to your vid I put in my deposit with eWheels.  It seems their website updated to show this wheel about the same time.  :D

PS:  Now I got 2 wheels called "extreme".  :D 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Stay tuned, there's something good in the works, just for you :D. Annoucement towards the end of Jan, that's all can say for now.. 

GOD please.. I wish there where more lightweight wheels. I want modern new wheel. But small and compact around 20kg weight. I'm already waiting over a year for something new. Price - don't care. 

At least say something? What announcement? New wheel? Or BoB the builder gonna start working on something special for me? :D Announcement can be anything. Like Happy new year - that's the announcement.. Or a post just making fun.. That's also an announcement. :D 

Edited by Funky

5 hours ago, winterwheel said:

We do training and one-week rentals of low-end wheels so that folks here can learn to ride on one of our wheels and skip buying a starter wheel. Plus it reduces the risk for them of finding out that EUC isn't going to work with them and being stuck with an expensive wheel they don't feel comfortable riding.

I hope you are enjoying your favorite time of year for riding :) :cheers:

5 hours ago, winterwheel said:

We do training and one-week rentals of low-end wheels so that folks here can learn to ride on one of our wheels and skip buying a starter wheel. Plus it reduces the risk for them of finding out that EUC isn't going to work with them and being stuck with an expensive wheel they don't feel comfortable riding.

Cool.  I'm near Baltimore and I have an S1 and a V11 for rent on friendwitha.com.  So far only 1 rental.  I got $80 after fee for a lesson with a week-rental of an S1.  A freind is renting cars on turo and may link my listings to his as affiliats.  But IDK about getting anything going while I have such a nice day job.  

PS:  Here's a video!

Edited by Elliott Reitz
+ a video, since its the video thread
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 8:51 PM, Jason McNeil said:

I'm not surprised. You have a 7 year old 16S for 1350 dollars. Same price (or more) as 7 years ago but nothing has changed on the wheel itself. Every year it has been worse and worse option compared to the latest models. Same story for V8, V10 and others. They keep the price but become comparatively worse. It might be a mistake to conclude there's no market for smaller and slower wheels if there are no modern options to choose from. This category keeps making sense as alternative to e-bikes (max. 250W and 25 km/h, at least in EU regulation). They keep churning new models of e-bikes for this category and they keep selling well. If they only put out new models of e-bikes in the illegal (or requiring to be registered as a moped) category, people would possibly buy them instead.

On 12/20/2023 at 7:51 PM, Rfail1988 said:

I had a fantastic interview with Bob Yan, the previous CEO of InMotion.

Good interview. I was a bit surprised on the sales numbers. Now I'm really interested in what the new leadership of Inmotion is planning. But based on this, I'm not too hopeful. I'll be looking at LeaperKim more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

If they only put out new models of e-bikes in the illegal (or requiring to be registered as a moped) category, people would possibly buy them instead.

But they do. Lots of e-bikes in the illegal category. And some of them do well.

For example, the reputable Radpower build legit e-bikes. The new start up competitors build illegal ones and make conquest sales.

14 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Now I'm really interested in what the new leadership of Inmotion is planning. But based on this, I'm not too hopeful. I'll be looking at LeaperKim more.

Me too.

However, I am still waiting to see whether the V14 can still be made competitive for street riding. If not, all they got is the V13, of which I am currently only Luke warm with it since a good 20" suspension wheel may do it for me. Like you, Leaper Kim is looking attractive. The only wild card I see is the Commander Pro or GT. Pretty sure between now and the start of next season will be a few announcements.

5 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I'm not surprised. You have a 7 year old 16S for 1350 dollars. Same price (or more) as 7 years ago but nothing has changed on the wheel itself. Every year it has been worse and worse option compared to the latest models. Same story for V8, V10 and others. They keep the price but become comparatively worse. It might be a mistake to conclude there's no market for smaller and slower wheels if there are no modern options to choose from. This category keeps making sense as alternative to e-bikes (max. 250W and 25 km/h, at least in EU regulation). They keep churning new models of e-bikes for this category and they keep selling well. If they only put out new models of e-bikes in the illegal (or requiring to be registered as a moped) category, people would possibly buy them instead.

I personally don't even look at price.. Be 800$ or 1500$ it makes almost no difference. (At least to me.) Because i'm gonna be using that wheel for next 3-5 or even more years. And that 800$ or 1500$ can be made back in month time..

Ofc there isn't a market for smaller wheels - because nothing is being made in that category. You can't sell, that which isn't been made. And as you rightfully said: people don't want an 7 years old wheel. Most people would add 650$ and buy KS-S16 at 2000$. Only people who would still buy an old model, are those who REALLY want a light wheel. Wheels under 25kg, 20kg weight specific.

When i was  buying my first wheel. I saw many wheels in store. I also knew how fast they can go each and their weights. Even V11 is HUGE compared to my 18XL. You can fit 2x ks16s inside V11 frame.. Let alone Sherman Max and wheels that have 3600Wh batteries. 

If i had bought Sherman Max - i literally could charge it once per MONTH. :D (Because i don't need the long range it has and the top speed it offers..) I'm happy with my 1554Wh and could be even more happier with 840Wh battery.