THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, Cyberwolf said:

Just figured it was something different than many are used to seeing, and that some of y'all might enjoy!

Fair enough ! I thought maybe you found it easier to detect inconsistency in road surface under red light or something...

Definitely a different look. I hope people see you at distance out of bedroom windows and assume it's aliens :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Fair enough ! I thought maybe you found it easier to detect inconsistency in road surface under red light or something...

Definitely a different look. I hope people see you at distance out of bedroom windows and assume it's aliens :)

What's funny is that the blackout riding creates pretty much the exact opposite effect (aside from likely appearing to be a streaking but loud shadow even from up-close), and makes it way harder to track road-surface conditions - as one would likely expect!

Fyi - riding with the Bridge is just as challenging (and fun!) as one might think:

- Almost zero depth perception

- Separate image in R and L eyes, with one being a few microseconds delayed from the other (with practice and correct equip. adjustment, the brain will still superimpose/merge the two images with the ability to make either one temporarily dominant, at-will).

- One eye isn't seeing anything created by or related to visible wavelengths (true lwir), so certain features are more pronounced, but others are obscured -hence me wiping out in soft mud that, from it's thermal signature and contrast with the surrounding surface, looked more firm than it was...

- The other eye still needs "some" ambient light to see - though way less than the naked eye (unfilmed wphos), so how much there is determines how well that eye can see after intensification.  (what's the point of passive IR if you have to go shining a big-ass IR spotlight around ;) )

Super fun, though!

Edited by Cyberwolf

10 hours ago, Cyberwolf said:

with the one exception that it does seem to make critter/predator eyes stand out much more than white light

Not gonna lie, I was waiting for a face-first encounter with a standing 11 foot brown bear on every turn, lol.

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2023 at 7:21 PM, Cyberwolf said:

What's funny is that the blackout riding creates pretty much the exact opposite effect (aside from likely appearing to be a streaking but loud shadow even from up-close), and makes it way harder to track road-surface conditions - as one would likely expect!

Fyi - riding with the Bridge is just as challenging (and fun!) as one might think:

- Almost zero depth perception

- Separate image in R and L eyes, with one being a few microseconds delayed from the other (with practice and correct equip. adjustment, the brain will still superimpose/merge the two images with the ability to make either one temporarily dominant, at-will).

- One eye isn't seeing anything created by or related to visible wavelengths (true lwir), so certain features are more pronounced, but others are obscured -hence me wiping out in soft mud that, from it's thermal signature and contrast with the surrounding surface, looked more firm than it was...

- The other eye still needs "some" ambient light to see - though way less than the naked eye (unfilmed wphos), so how much there is determines how well that eye can see after intensification.  (what's the point of passive IR if you have to go shining a big-ass IR spotlight around ;) )

Super fun, though!

Good stuff!  It is interesting how well one does integrate the visual input from the naked eye w/ that using PVS-14.  I have a handheld FLIR that would be interesting to play with EXCEPT I am not about to risk either it or NODs with my beginner's skill on the EUC!  I have been somewhat out of that ''arena" for awhile, and thus far have managed to stay FAR AWAY from a certain Night Vision Company & their Black Friday sales for a couple of years!  it is fun stuff to play with, and absolutely necessary for ... OTHER uses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, varamontelo said:

When the wheel is near the trees, the suspensions are in action, and the pressure is important. What is the pressure on the V13/14 tube today please ? My language is not best, arrr. :(

Hi varamontelo,

Do you mean in my video? 

My suspension and tyre pressure? 

Nice video EMA, friend group on all roads, city, woods, sun, thanks. A dog looks :confused1: at the machines (funny), only one wheel and humans with colored helmets, they don't walk on their feet but they can run  faster than i,that's the new world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1