THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 11/11/2023 at 7:19 PM, novazeus said:

inmotion v13 with michelin pilot street 2 at 47psi cold.

That's the tire I have on my BG Master.  I set it at 40 psi and by the time I check it a few months later its in the mid 30s.  It makes the commute very nice for me.  Nice and smooth, quiet, like in your video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

That's the tire I have on my BG Master.  I set it at 40 psi and by the time I check it a few months later its in the mid 30s.  It makes the commute very nice for me.  Nice and smooth, quiet, like in your video.

u know how i learned what wobbles are, since 2017 i had never had any, course i did run max pressures in all my tires. neltrek installed this michelin and i checked it before riding, and it was only at 40psi, not the sidewall max of 45psi, so i thought i'd try it that way, and it was difficult at first. i wasn't checking the tire pressure and all of a sudden i started getting braking wobbles going into my curve at 30mph. never had felt a wobble before. i had seen people have them, and with the v13 particularly.

then i checked the tire and it had leaked down to marty's preferred psi around 28. with the hardness of the michelin's sidewall, i could probably remove the valve core and do awesome one legged riding. on a flat tire. 

i've got, or i should say i started with 18 oz of slime, probably leaked out an ounce by now. it holds

pretty good, slime is just a pita and i have to park it just so so the slime doesn't clog the valve core. plus removing the tube and slime will make it awesome i think.

see in my video, that's the remainder 325 acres of the original 1180 acre ranch here where i was born. i know all about tires for my dirt and pavement. i know there's nobody on this forum that has ever hung a vault door, i have, and trust me, dragging those bitches to the jobsite over highways was the worst part of my job. diebold inc. i use to have to take alternate routes to avoid weigh stations. u shoulda seen what i did to uhaul trailers with safes and safety deposit boxes. 

i'm very envious of u and ur well behaved puppies. 

i still haven't gotten up the courage to give 165 pound Bob a go again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

u know how i learned what wobbles are, since 2017 i had never had any, course i did run max pressures in all my tires. neltrek installed this michelin and i checked it before riding, and it was only at 40psi, not the sidewall max of 45psi, so i thought i'd try it that way, and it was difficult at first. i wasn't checking the tire pressure and all of a sudden i started getting braking wobbles going into my curve at 30mph. never had felt a wobble before. i had seen people have them, and with the v13 particularly.

then i checked the tire and it had leaked down to marty's preferred psi around 28. with the hardness of the michelin's sidewall, i could probably remove the valve core and do awesome one legged riding. on a flat tire. 

i've got, or i should say i started with 18 oz of slime, probably leaked out an ounce by now. it holds

pretty good, slime is just a pita and i have to park it just so so the slime doesn't clog the valve core. plus removing the tube and slime will make it awesome i think.

see in my video, that's the remainder 325 acres of the original 1180 acre ranch here where i was born. i know all about tires for my dirt and pavement. i know there's nobody on this forum that has ever hung a vault door, i have, and trust me, dragging those bitches to the jobsite over highways was the worst part of my job. diebold inc. i use to have to take alternate routes to avoid weigh stations. u shoulda seen what i did to uhaul trailers with safes and safety deposit boxes. 

i'm very envious of u and ur well behaved puppies. 

i still haven't gotten up the courage to give 165 pound Bob a go again.

I started riding in 2018 with Loki.  As for wobbles, the Master I have has a 1.5 oz miss-balance in the motor.  That translated into wobbles with the stock Kenda road tire. From there I put on an Shinko SR244 (had it from trying it on an MSX-100V).  That was a great tire on the Master.  It evened out the imbalanced motor before I realized how to compensate with wheel weights ({+} sorta like the heavy tread-band floated at 40 mph to dampen the imbalanced motor weight){+}.  From there a Michelin with tubless attempt, then tubed and 1.5oz wheel weights spin-test no shake.  

Result of all that was my wobble management skills got good to 51.5 mph (repeated top speed with torq-max-feeling reason).  Also, especially important is carve-breaking to manage breaking wobbles (those are the worst, and most critical times).  So I practice coming in hot to stop-signs and red lights. 

Your dog Bob would enjoy a nice trot with some p-mail stops around the block to get started.  An small wheel like an e+, mTen3/4, A2, etc... are great for that.  Loki did 700 miles with my e+ in 2019. ;)

Edited by Elliott Reitz
{+}
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

I started riding in 2018 with Loki.  As for wobbles, the Master I have has a 1.5 oz miss-balance in the motor.  That translated into wobbles with the stock Kenda road tire. From there I put on an Shinko SR244 (had it from trying it on an MSX-100V).  That was a great tire on the Master.  It evened out the imbalanced motor before I realized how to compensate with wheel weights.  From there a Michelin with tubless attempt, then tubed and 1.5oz wheel weights spin-test no shake.  

Result of all that was my wobble management skills got good to 51.5 mph (repeated top speed with torq-max-feeling reason).  Also, especially important is carve-breaking to manage breaking wobbles (those are the worst, and most critical times).  So I practice coming in hot to stop-signs and red lights. 

Your dog Bob would enjoy a nice trot with some p-mail stops around the block to get started.  An small wheel like an e+, mTen3/4, A2, etc... are great for that.  Loki did 700 miles with my e+ in 2019. ;)

haha, did u miss the part that Bob is an anatolian shepherd, a livestock guard dog with 743psi bite force, the wolf killing dog. no, that was the problem back in the day when i ran ninebot out of the usa with their unrated tires. those markings are on the tires for a reason. the old wheels weren't rated to hold me and the wheel up, much less 4 paw drive Bob pulling on u. he'll snatch u to the ground walking him if ur not paying attention and he see's a a deer. almost lost a toe in flip flops walking Bob because the pos tire on the s2 squashed flat from me braking and Bob pulling forward. 

no, that's why i gave up, because these toys have just been that, toys. not until 9bot did the z10, did the othe euc makers step up and start putting rated tires on wheels. go into the archives back to 2017, and u can read my bitching from back then, and the experts, obviously who suck at math, thought these tires were fine on a 48 and 57 pound wheel with the rider.

king song 18s bought off alibaba, first wheel, circa 2017.

90kgs is 198 pounds. i rider suited up that weighed more than say 141 pounds, had the wheel overloaded. 

5D53D012-094F-44EA-9302-A9B59C8C2348.jpeg.20e6ba34291e7a1ee4c917b0d6599c9e.jpeg

i think this was the 16s.

it could only carry about a 120 pound rider safely.

1994A6EC-E31A-4E52-A888-80C5C4F3B24D.png.02f9720049d7a7e726a9bf5722f0dfc9.png

i'm sure there are wheels like the v8 still being made with inadequate tires. 

like if i bought a wheel from jason, and he just pulls some number out of thin air, about max rider weight, and his claims exceed what the tire says, i think he's exposing himself to liability. there is the caveat emptor rule, but in this use case, i don't think ur required to question the statements made by the seller on a blind purchase.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

haha, did u miss the part that Bob is an anatolian shepherd, a livestock guard dog with 743psi bite force, the wolf killing dog. no, that was the problem back in the day when i ran ninebot out of the usa with their unrated tires. those markings are on the tires for a reason. the old wheels weren't rated to hold me and the wheel up, much less 4 paw drive Bob pulling on u. he'll snatch u to the ground walking him if ur not paying attention and he see's a a deer. almost lost a toe in flip flops walking Bob because the pos tire on the s2 squashed flat from me braking and Bob pulling forward. 

no, that's why i gave up, because these toys have just been that, toys. not until 9bot did the z10, did the othe euc makers step up and start putting rated tires on wheels. go into the archives back to 2017, and u can read my bitching from back then, and the experts, obviously who suck at math, thought these tires were fine on a 48 and 57 pound wheel with the rider.

king song 18s bought off alibaba, first wheel, circa 2017.

90kgs is 198 pounds. i rider suited up that weighed more than say 141 pounds, had the wheel overloaded. 

5D53D012-094F-44EA-9302-A9B59C8C2348.jpeg.20e6ba34291e7a1ee4c917b0d6599c9e.jpeg

i think this was the 16s.

it could only carry about a 120 pound rider safely.

1994A6EC-E31A-4E52-A888-80C5C4F3B24D.png.02f9720049d7a7e726a9bf5722f0dfc9.png

i'm sure there are wheels like the v8 still being made with inadequate tires. 

like if i bought a wheel from jason, and he just pulls some number out of thin air, about max rider weight, and his claims exceed what the tire says, i think he's exposing himself to liability. there is the caveat emptor rule, but in this use case, i don't think ur required to question the statements made by the seller on a blind purchase.

Bob sounds like a beautiful dog.  I wonder if a better choak collar, gentle leader, or prong/pinch collar might get him into check real fast. 

I've also purchased a variety of tires for EUCs over the years, and noticed (like you did) how most are under-rated for rider weight.  The Shinko SR244 is rated 121KG (267 lbs).    

I weighed 200 lbs 5 years ago.  I was 245 back 15 years ago.  Today I'm at 160 lbs.  So I've lost about 85 lbs and ride at about 180 dressed with gear.  I was diabetic in 2007 and reversed it via diet... lost some weight after that from 07-15 but got much more active thanks to EUCs from 2018 till now.  Got more food-aware-conscious too... eating to live rather than living to eat at age 60 gets more important.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i got u beat. 4-1-2014 first psa test 35.2. after three months of poking and prodding at one of the leading cancer hospitals, it was determine my prostate cancer was inoperable and untreatable, and i had 3 months to live and they could keep me comfortable in hospice. and except for other terminal cancer patients like myself that are told to go to hospice and die, nobody cares. when its them they do. if it's a dog they just put it to sleep. i'm gonna change that with the funds i get from land sales for a cannabis research hospital only for animals. humans are too toxic. they'll hire attys to sue u somehow. nope, screw humans, if they can't learn from me saving animals, then it must be the darwin effect. my foundation is already set up, i just need a few million to jumpstart it. probably mostly govt hurdles. 

cannabis is illegal, unless u buy from one of our buddies. the drug dealers now are the govt, and probably worse, poisonous weed.

i'll be 70 if i make it to april.

and for giant breeds like Bob, i use delmar training leash. it works good but Bob can run 35 mph so he thinks he's at least as smart as humans, and would run out into cypress creek road that is a 30mph road humans go 50 on. no cops ever. they are busy now with the scum moving in. i thought about getting a lead pouch, in fact i have a rifle rest like that, and if Bob sees a deer, or a gopher turtle, or a coyote, and he takes off, if i'm walking, and i see what he's after, i can hold him with any leash, but on a wheel, unless it's real powerful, and even then, braking, while being pulled forward will cause wobbles to throw u. so i was thinking during training, instead of just letting go of the leash, just tossed the lead bag to the ground to slow him down. anatolian shepherds, at least Bob, is very independent, as he lays outside in the rain now. won't come in unless i walk out with the leash and then he'll run in. 

with these apts going in, i'll have 8' chainlink with three strands of barb wire. then i'll just have to worry about him getting kicked by a cow or donkey.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/the-endocannabinoid-system-essential-and-mysterious-202108112569

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4789136/

https://www.healthline.com/health/endocannabinoid-system

• Like 1

yeah, this is no game for me. i have a palpable tumor in my right pelvic area. feels like a golfball in my back pocket sitting or laying down. 1500-2000mg of oral thc is managing the pain by killing back the cancer for now, but what happens when walking becomes too painful.

riding the v13 is easy and causes no pain from my metastatic cancer. i plan on introducing the seniors at the villages, to wheels. jason should have while in florida, but i'm sure arizona has plenty of q-tips too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i got u beat. 4-1-2014 first psa test 35.2. after three months of poking and prodding at one of the leading cancer hospitals, it was determine my prostate cancer was inoperable and untreatable, and i had 3 months to live and they could keep me comfortable in hospice. and except for other terminal cancer patients like myself that are told to go to hospice and die, nobody cares. when its them they do. if it's a dog they just put it to sleep. i'm gonna change that with the funds i get from land sales for a cannabis research hospital only for animals. humans are too toxic. they'll hire attys to sue u somehow. nope, screw humans, if they can't learn from me saving animals, then it must be the darwin effect. my foundation is already set up, i just need a few million to jumpstart it. probably mostly govt hurdles. 

cannabis is illegal, unless u buy from one of our buddies. the drug dealers now are the govt, and probably worse, poisonous weed.

i'll be 70 if i make it to april.

and for giant breeds like Bob, i use delmar training leash. it works good but Bob can run 35 mph so he thinks he's at least as smart as humans, and would run out into cypress creek road that is a 30mph road humans go 50 on. no cops ever. they are busy now with the scum moving in. i thought about getting a lead pouch, in fact i have a rifle rest like that, and if Bob sees a deer, or a gopher turtle, or a coyote, and he takes off, if i'm walking, and i see what he's after, i can hold him with any leash, but on a wheel, unless it's real powerful, and even then, braking, while being pulled forward will cause wobbles to throw u. so i was thinking during training, instead of just letting go of the leash, just tossed the lead bag to the ground to slow him down. anatolian shepherds, at least Bob, is very independent, as he lays outside in the rain now. won't come in unless i walk out with the leash and then he'll run in. 

with these apts going in, i'll have 8' chainlink with three strands of barb wire. then i'll just have to worry about him getting kicked by a cow or donkey.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/the-endocannabinoid-system-essential-and-mysterious-202108112569

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4789136/

https://www.healthline.com/health/endocannabinoid-system

Congrats getting that many extra years.  I'm sure Bob had something to do with it. 

Loki can run just as fast as Bob (Siberians are rated 35'ish, and loki is thin, fit, under-weight, over-height).  He pulled to go faster while I was going 27 on an MSX-100V before I ran out of open field and managed to get him slowed by turning but yea sketchy.  Since then Teddy limits our top speed and I've managed them both pulling for deer chases at 20+.  To me its more about situational control (staying in front of them) and wheel-power does help for that.  The knobby tires also help immensely.  

10 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

The knobby tires also help immensely. 

haha, u know, even though almost 70 years closer to dirt than most, haha, that's what i've been brainwashed into thinking for my place getting around here. first massey ferguson trsctor i bought for out here was a 253 with golf course or "orange grove" tires on it. basically street tires for tractors. why? because just like the turf tires are best for turf,(i've worked on several golf course) and even though u would never let a tractor with big cleats on it's tires like my tractor and backhoe now, because the turf tires float over the sugar sand, don't tear up the soil and don't beat u to death. u don't see knobbys on golf carts traveling all over. up and down. thru palmetto patches, haha, i use to manage the carts at quail hollow temporarily for my brother by another mother, and old cart 180 would hit 30mph. idk what he did,, but those carts went everywhere on slicks. 

see, this ranch, woulda, shoulda been an orange grove with it's hard pack sugar sand. traction is not the problem. long grass and hidden obstacles, like gopher holes could be deadly.

so, haha, thinking off road, i put big knobbys on my polaris. hated them. sold the polaris. 

ha! had to stop typing because the sheriff called and said i had cows on the interstate and my fence had been cut in a dozen places. completely open. humans driving in.

so u see, i had to take my backhoe loader part of the way to the interstate to meet him.

anyway, i know it's hard to imagine, living in neighborhoods a stuff, but this is so dense, walking is difficult. if i'm not doing any maintenance, and the cows aren't either, it becomes a machete jungle. 

so i'm gonna buy a black friday good financing zero turn mower, and start building safe enough trails so i can ride my fence line. 

i get zero help. this deputy is supposedly getting fdot to repair the fence, if not, u better go slow if ur passing by me, might be a thirty car pile up because somebody hit a cow on the interstate. 

• Haha 1

Was messing around with posting some vids (not something I've done much of to-date), and figured I'd share!

This was from a nice relaxing "redlight" night ride (no music)...Hope y'all enjoy it, if so I may post a few more:

Edited by Cyberwolf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyberwolf said:

Was messing around with posting some vids (not something I've done much of to-date), and figured I'd share!

This was from a nice relaxing "redlight" night ride (no music)...Hope y'all enjoy it, if so I may post a few more:

this is a preview of how its gonna look in 300 years from now when riding euc by night on Mars 😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Robse said:

this is a preview of how its gonna look in 300 years from now when riding euc by night on Mars 😁

What's really funny is that I probably looked the part!

Here's another vid from later that same night, in full blackout mode!  You might need to watch it in a dark location to see anything...

(fyi, my phone has really good low-light camera; it's a bit darker out than it looks!)

10 hours ago, Cyberwolf said:

Interesting vid. Apart from making your trips look like dark rides and presumably making your machine look like a Sith Holocron, is there any advantage of red light over white, visibility-wise ?

Edited by Cerbera

39 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Interesting vid. Apart from making your trips look like dark rides and presumably making your machine look like a Sith Holocron, is there any advantage of red light over white, visibility-wise ?

Not really, that I'm aware of (other than perhaps adding a bit of fun/coolness to the ride)- with the one exception that it does seem to make critter/predator eyes stand out much more than white light.  For example, just towards the end of that video, you can see a pair of coyotes checking me out as I go by...

That said, I mostly ride with regular white-light at night; the red-light and blackout riding (nv/thermal) is much less often - but super fun! (and challenging in different ways).

Just figured it was something different than many are used to seeing, and that some of y'all might enjoy!

Edited by Cyberwolf

Speaking of different ride experiences, here's another short vid from later that night - Big ass mountain lion trying to decide which of us is prey! (I've not seen any other animal sit down and watch me get closer; took off when I growled). 

Also misjudged how solid the ground was at one point and spilled it, lol! :angry: 

• Like 2