THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, 5Cauac said:

Wow, Thanks! I appreciate the feedback and no, I don't mind sharing.

Ya, if you are going to wear protection, might as well look good doing it. :P  I did put some thought on my choice of gear and outfits. What you see in the video is my off road outfit. Thor padded MX pants with matching jersey, Joe Rocket padded motorcycle jacket (liner removed), Leatt 3.0 EXT knee pads, leather tactical boots and Kali Protectives helmet.  For warmer weather, I do without the jacket and wear the Leatt 5.5 body vest over the jersey and add Leatt 3.0 ext elbow pads.  Blue just happens to be my favorite color. My other two outfits are for road/paved trails and are also hi vis colors, Black on White and the other Black on Yellow.

I'm using both the Gopro Fusion and Max. The Max has slightly more color saturation and I use it as my main cam as it has an easier work flow than the Fusion. I re-frame and render all videos in 5k using the Gopro desktop apps then edit the clips together using PowerDirector 19. The final render is also at 5k and then uploaded to Youtube. No post tweaking.  My goal is to have aesthetically pleasing shots and views with the least amount of distortion for a more cinematic look. Time spent on a certain views is also taken into consideration as to not bore the viewer. (don't know if it works though) I have other ideas i haven't put into practice yet cause most of the time I just want to ride and not worry about taking video.

SO so true, riding trails like this quickly improves ones abilities on paved surfaces. I flow WAY MORE than I used to on paved roads now and transitions from different surfaces are a breeze with the exception of gravel, the stock S18 tire and gravel do not like each other. As for being spoiled with suspension, I do ride with bent knees most of the time and lock up my suspension on speed runs (on smooth paved surfaces) but ya, you're right I've been pampered. 

Well, it's Friday which means there's only 24hrs left before I go riding again. :w00t2: 

Peace, Love and Good Happiness Stuff. :)

100% about looking good, Im a knox guy.. its expensive.. but you do get what you pay for, and I was taught a Road Rash / hospitalised session ironically as I was awaiting my gear. :efeec46606:  Now wear the shirt and gloves in summer and see main pic for current winter wear ( Knox: gotta catch em all :D).

1a107a08-da9d-45fa-93fe-653707f91c87.jpg

Been wearing this kit for a while now so will be looking to slowly upgrade, Blue looks great though, Many thanks for the tips 5c.

BOOM ! Thank you so much for insight to your workflow that got this video, 5K radical upload seems to be a sweetspot here for YouTube algo because Dude, m not sure Ive seen that quality of video and it sticks out to me.. aside from one or two I think also Marty uses a similar, workflow but i don't think he uploads in 5K ?

So 5K render from a Gpro Max huh... NICE result ! :cheers:

Very interesting you lock the suspension on high speed road runs. I never knew it was lockable on an S18...Interesting.

Im in England... so were always watching out for the weather... but hey, the spring is coming.. its been a long Covid winter... its Friday  and 11pm.. I may just pop out for a ride although its 4 degrees that wheel is always calling.. but I dont like riding in the wet so I may just take my chance.

Many thanks again 5C for your feedback. Most helpful indeed for future vids on the wheel but also because i need a solution for  understanding good video output for youtube and  5K output looks good, although to be fair thats a lot of render if you dont have the memory and the cores to deal with it... :eff006f726:

Warmest my friend. Looking forward to your posts that pop with colour and clarity.

I SEE YOU !  :thumbup:

42281040_Unknown.JPG

On 3/7/2021 at 6:10 AM, pico said:

I had fun making a little promo video.

Love it! So are we invited to perform any kind of Mten3 riding stunt?

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

So are we invited to perform any kind of Mten3 riding stunt?

Let the show begin!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pico said:

Let the show begin!

Well you beat me in the reverse 360 contest and excel in one and two legged maneuvers. What stunt to perform:confused1:

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

What stunt to perform:confused1:

You and @ShanesPlanet already performed! You with the light show (yeah!!!:cheers:)  and Shanes being Shanes :roflmao::wub::lol::smartass:, time to leave the scene to the others! :popcorn:

Edited by pico

17 minutes ago, Flying W said:

@GoGeorgeGo nice video. I walk my dog with the wheel all the time too. 

It's all fun n games until she sees a cat and runs behind and across the wheel path haha :cheers:

yeah my dog would kill me, or charge my battery on constant brake\regen

ooooh squirrel!

• Like 3