THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

This is just a short clip. It show how EUC.WORLD has video overlay updated (1 of the modes) with model listed. This is under beta testing for new public release. 

It is also showing my V11 with winter tire. I have ride where roads are not clear if snow and mix of snow and ice. 

I am still struggling with being comfortable with how I have go turn due to the grip of the tire and how high I stand vs risk of sideways slide out on ice patches. 

So far so good. But it is contradicting my previous winter ride experience to always stay over the wheel and only use shoulder testing to turn. 

I know the video does not show much. As I don't yet have confidence to ride and film too. Maybe in future I grow some balls😉

• Like 3

My latest video:

The "Day 12" refers to days of actual riding (not days since receiving the wheel).  I'm still not 100% confident riding an EUC because of the very limited amount of time I've spent riding, but every day that I get out and ride helps add some experience & familiarity of riding one of these cool PEVs.

• Like 3

On 1/6/2021 at 4:53 PM, Demargon said:

Riding on slippery snow and ice with an EUC single point of contact with the ground would scare me to death. I almost have a nervous breakdown if I hit a patch of marginally loose sand...  :o:wacko::huh:

Edited by Bridgeboy
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bridgeboy said:

Riding on slippery snow and ice with an EUC single point of contact with the ground would scare me to death.

I agree! It amazes me that people attempt it, let alone actually do it. Quite well too, theres more than a few who have put up vids of riding in the snow with no mishaps. Maybe the single point of contact actually helps due to all that weight on one wheel unlike a bicycle. I can't bring myself to try, partly because I find it super cold at anything below 5 deg C, even layered up. Probably something to do with not actually doing much exertion on an EUC...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Maybe the single point of contact actually helps due to all that weight on one wheel unlike a bicycle.

On a bicycle or motorcycle there isn't a lot of weight on the front wheel and when that slides . . . 

I think it definitely would be easier on one wheel, having said that - I wouldn't be all that keen to ride on snow or ice myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

A fun non-scientific video comparing the acceleration of the Begode EX vs EX.N .. enjoy 😊 

Interesting!

You say the EX and EX.N have different boards? How that, what's different? I thought Begode more or less just have one board (well the latest iteration) for their big wheels?

Is the EX.N board just the RS board (it has the RS motor after all)?

So you say the EX is more reactive at speed, and the EX.N is zippier? Is that the weight/size difference, or actually the different motors/firmwares (if you can tell)?

• Like 1

Tried the EX today with Shin pads (leather).
Coming from my pedal modded Tesla, this was like:

- Going from a tuned racing only 2L Fiat to a fat 5L Mercedes = Super soft but makes me feel old and slow in turns. It still turns the "right way" (opposed to z10) but everything takes much more time (= initiating turn until turn is complete) and to me coming from the racing side (Bikes and cars) thats a hard pill to swallow.
- Straight ahead its fast but You dont feel it. I popped 60km/h without hearing the beep my good friend had set at 58, but he heard it BEHIND me :)
- Did i say super comfy? This is a crusier - no doubt
- Super stable (thats the 40Kg working on a wide tyre vs me being used to 20Kg on a slim tyre)
- Really have to PUSH back HARD to deccel. My tesla just need a toe twitch and it deccell instant. This one needs a full body lean backward. Same accelerating.
- Light, not that good. My Tesla shot a "longer beam" (pointing further ahead) while this one pointed "straight down" in front of You, so no heads up on rabbits. Needs extra light no doubt.

- Jumping? I tried but failed. I guess the suspension could be set up different and techniques could be used, but pulling those 40Kg in the air seems like a lot of work. Kuji probably could do it though :) But You dont need to jump, rolling up kerbs feels like....nothing :D

Well, not for me.
Sherman is "heavy enough" and the quality of Veteran is just superior, so still my main goal this year
Still hoping for a *Sherman light that handles more like MXS or Tesla, but I doubt I will see that as most people seem to prioritize "soft and smooth" in front of "snappy and race turning"

Cheers

On 12/29/2020 at 5:04 AM, Marty Backe said:

He complains about sales tax and shipping on the wheels? I wonder where he buys them. I've never paid taxes or shipping on any wheel yet :confused1:

Probably Ali Express or the likes.
Normally free shipping (Chinese gov puts in money to increase China sales - thats why its oddly free), but shipped from China You pay tax at least in EU (Sweden 25% tax + 12€ import fee). Same thing goes when buying from US as You guys are not within EU ;)

I guess You only buy from US dealers, they have already paid the tax in that case so You are paying tax in a sense, You just dont see it as a separate cost :)

Edited by Boogieman