THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 11/14/2020 at 4:31 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

Took the Sherm for a night ride. When I say night, I mean NIGHT! We talking pitch black with a sherman headlight. I was surprised at how well I could see, it felt like cheating. Here's your warning, not much for ranting, but some loud ass music for backing tracks. First night ride on an euc, I do believe its GREAT, tho it was a little cold.

Nice! A little lacking in the ranting department but the "rock out with your _____ out, listen to the hits and bounce those tits" made up for it! :roflmao:

I do have to point out though...night rides are best reserved for summer. But being you, it makes sense you did it the other way 'round :efee612b4b:

I can't say I'm a big fan of the Sherman's headlight. It's definitely the best headlight on any EUC I own, but I find it to be more of an obnoxious bright than a useful one. On one hand, it blinds the crap out of any oncoming cars/cyclists/pedestrians, while on the other, the spread is wide right in front of you, but too narrow further ahead, so I'm not too comfortable riding above 18 mph without my 1500 lm cycling light (handheld), so unless offroading I point it as far down as I can and rely on my handheld. The ideal would be speed-dependent brightness adjustment (like on the 16X), or even manual low beams and high beams + some non-stupid daylight running lights...something white and non-flashing would really fit the bill. But I guess "obnoxious, get yourself pulled over" is more the Sherman's style... :efee612b4b:

Will post again when I can find something else to bitch about 😅

1 hour ago, pico said:

Excellent skills. Thanks for sharing. The smaller v8 has a niche. I've seen other videos where riders with the small ninbot uni are also demonstrating Excellent balance skills and doing similar tricks. I guess the size of wheel is vital to learning/doing this style of skill riding.

Is this type of trick riding even possible with an 18inch wheel? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, travsformation said:

Nice! A little lacking in the ranting department but the "rock out with your _____ out, listen to the hits and bounce those tits" made up for it! :roflmao:

I do have to point out though...night rides are best reserved for summer. But being you, it makes sense you did it the other way 'round :efee612b4b:

I editted out  a 4 minute rant about how people are little bitches when it comes to complaining about carving. Hell, 60 degrees, it WAS summer.  Near all my vids lately have been flavorless, in an attempt to keep some semblance of peace. ..  Thanks for watching, pertty boring at night. I found the sherman headlight to be good up to around 20mph as well, so long as you arent in any turns. To be fair, the ONE car I passed, I think their lights were more blinding than mine. I aim mine pretty low, I may be a di**, but I'm not selfish enough to blind people for my own safety. I havent used hi-beams in my mid 90's vehicles in many years... barely able to see works for me!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 5:04 PM, HippoPig said:

I think it must have been around 2014 - Timed it right for the Orangeman March.

ha!

Im writing this from Yarm.

Wow, I grew up in Acklam. I get back quite often, not so much of late due to obvious reasons, but pre-covid I would have been back for 50% of the Boro's home games. 

Do many people on Teesside have EUC's?

5 hours ago, Mick Walker said:

Wow, I grew up in Acklam. I get back quite often, not so much of late due to obvious reasons, but pre-covid I would have been back for 50% of the Boro's home games. 

Do many people on Teesside have EUC's?

My Mrs and I are the only ones!

Next closest is Newc I believe (or it was when we started anyway).

surprisingly positive responses to them - particularly from elderly. Seems to really make them smile.

On 11/15/2020 at 9:57 AM, pico said:

Yes, they all are. It all depends on YOUR weight and "vigor"

They take longer to learn on the bigger wheel because your brain does not know YET what to do.

Once your brain knows it becomes easy. The problem with the bigger wheel when you test a bad move it gets amplified very quickly because of the weight.

I cant see how in the world you do this one foot thing? I have tried with ALL my wheels. My ankle tries to buckle on the little mten, left ankle horribly so. My knee tries to buckle on the 18L. The sherman just make ME buckle.. Surely I'm not that shot out in health that Im not even keeping up with the 50+ crowd already? Your finesse' astounds me! I wanna see you fall off. Not to get hurt, but to quit making it look so damn easy!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pico said:

@ShanesPlanet And Thanks for the nice comments!

BTW, I rarely fall nowadays...But I do have forced dismounts, lots of them...:laughbounce2:

dismount.gif

Handle that like a boss!

I appreciate the straightforward reponse in regards to learning. No secret here, no super inate talent. Simply practice.

My reference point is backwards riding. Lots of practice to get going and more practice to get reasonably confident.

I have to pad my wheel to begin doing the one foot riding. I can see many dismounts in the learning process.

• Like 2