THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 10/9/2020 at 1:35 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

why do I feel like Im watching the public access channel? Probably the damn pictures seem too thought out. 

:roflmao:

It is what it is. Relive's been a great way to share my rides in an interactive way without devoting more time than I want to to sitting in front of a screen while travelling. I'd eventually like to get round to editing proper videos but...2 and 1/2 months worth of footage....it exhausts me just to think about it 😂  

On 10/9/2020 at 1:35 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Well done, thanks for the vid! :)

Thanks! 

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

This was a short but sweet ride, despite the rain. 

I haven't spent more than 2 days in the same place for the last two and a half months, so I've hardly dropped by the forum at all. Will possibly be more active about two weeks from now, when I get back to Spain. Then is when I'll start to get restless waiting for the Sherman to arrive and will fall back into my rambling-on-the-forum routine to keep myself distracted...😅

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dreygun said:

Wheel looks so stable

It is. I feel so anchored to the ground. 

I feel like it's the perfect wheel for a bigger person like me. Weighing in at 77-LBS it lowers the combined center of gravity of wheel + rider and the result is highly increased control and stability

• Like 1

Just now, Bridgeboy said:

It is. I feel so anchored to the ground. 

I feel like it's the perfect wheel for a bigger person like me. Weighing in at 77-LBS it lowers the combined center of gravity of wheel + rider and the result is highly increased control and stability

Sold! That's my next wheel lol. Seriously tho, veteran will probably be a spring purchase unless something else comes out. Ride safe!

• Like 1

Just now, Dreygun said:

Sold! That's my next wheel lol. Seriously tho, veteran will probably be a spring purchase unless something else comes out. Ride safe!

It took me about six (6) tries at deflating and reseating the street tire until I got it balanced and spinning true, but now that it is it rides super smooth. eWheels replaced the inner tube with a better reinforced one before sending to me and I suspect it has a large reinforced patch around the valve stem and the tire kept wanting to ride up on the rim at that location causing a bulge.

After six attempts of trial and error it's spinning balanced now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EMA said:

which tire??

It's the Kenda street tire; I'm not sure the exact model. It came that way from eWheels. I think it's the same model that Kuji fitted himself in that video of his. I just posted this above, I'll repeat it here in case you missed it:

"It took me about six (6) tries at deflating and reseating the street tire until I got it balanced and spinning true, but now that it is it rides super smooth. eWheels replaced the inner tube with a better reinforced one before sending to me and I suspect it has a large reinforced patch around the valve stem and the tire kept wanting to ride up on the rim at that location causing a bulge.

After six attempts of trial and error it's spinning balanced now."

1 minute ago, Bridgeboy said:

It's the Kenda street tire

ok thanks, it's the kenda k340

easy way to balance a tire is to put lot of soap on both side an ride it a bit with really low pressure, carving and 360° will auto-balance it on the rim ;) try next time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EMA said:

easy way to balance a tire is to put lot of soap on both side an ride it a bit with really low pressure, carving and 360° will auto-balance it on the rim ;) try next time 

Thanks for the tip! I didn't really know how to do it so I watched a couple Youtube videos and they didn't mention anything about soap but just said to work the tire and try to get it even everywhere. It took six times of putting air back in and riding it and it not being quite right until I got it pretty smooth to where it is now.

I wish I knew the soap trick before!  :thumbup:

Edited by Bridgeboy
  • Like 1

Id rather not reply to negative commentary but Im finding it difficult to exact the sentiment. .

Apologies folks. would love to delete my last comments and take the high road.

Ironically I make  living via ,  tech but cannot identify mech to cancel commentary.

Warmest.

Edited by RayBanMonster
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, EMA said:

@EMAHow low pressure would you say to use? I don't want to go too low and damage the inner tube or something...

Does using this trick result in an absolutely perfectly round and balanced tire? My tire is really pretty good now, but it does have a slight wobble side to side when I look down at it. I don't know if it's worth trying the soap trick to try and perfect it, or if I may ruin a good thing and risk making it worse...

Edited by Bridgeboy

2 minutes ago, Bridgeboy said:

@EMAHow low pressure would you say to use? I don't want to go too low and damage the inner tube or something...

Does using this trick result in an absolutely perfectly round and balanced tire? My tire is really pretty good now, but it does have a slight wobble side to side when I look down at it. I don't know if it's worth trying the soap trick to try and perfect it, or if I may risk making it worse...

i've done so many times and it always work, the trick is put the soap on the side so the tire could move like you'll be modeling it with your weight.
18-20 psi, low but rideable, go slow 1 mile, carve, move the wheel left/right, do 360° .

i've done this on knobby tire rubbing the shell, after that perfect, try ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EMA said:

i've done so many times and it always work, the trick is put the soap on the side so the tire could move like you'll be modeling it with your weight.
18-20 psi, low but rideable, go slow 1 mile, carve, move the wheel left/right, do 360° .

i've done this on knobby tire rubbing the shell, after that perfect, try ;)

Just use pure dishsoap, like Dawn? Or a mixture of dishsoap with water?