THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 9/8/2020 at 7:19 AM, Toshio Uemura said:

Sorry to be frank, but for me this video is impossible to watch. I was really interested in your content, but after 1 minute watching this I got dizzy 🥴 and after 3 minutes I could not watch it any longer, because I became seasick. Your camera work might be artistic, but it is too avant-garde for me. I apologize if I am the only one who is experiencing this and I don’t mean to be impolite, but I could not watch this to the end. 😐 It is my honest opinion. 

Hey man, that's cool. We all have our opinions and I would say 'avant-garde' is a great way to describe it. It is pretty new & experimental for me. Though, in the feedback I've received so far(mostly very positive), your reaction has been the only one that's been described to be so unpleasant. Anyway, I appreciate all feedback! Ride safe & take care!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TMoats said:

your reaction has been the only one that's been described to be so unpleasant

I watched it a second time next day and I really liked the content, the idea and the fact, that you are trying something knew, but I think, I am emerging myself too much into the graphics and so it becomes a roller coaster 🎢 ride for me or a psychedelic experience similar to magic mushrooms 🍄 (not that I had ever tried any 🤣). Anyway it was easier to watch the second time, but watching still made me a bit dizzy and lightheaded.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Sad news.:(

The video of the incident 

Wow. The video on WrongWay's instagram doesn't show the lead-up to the incident like this YouTube video does. While I don't think the edit was malicious, the Instagram cut makes it look like the EUC rider panicked and fell.

The full video clearly shows the bus driver was in the left lane and purposely changed into the right lane right at the narrowest point where the truck is parked half-way into the right lane. It looks like the bus driver was intentionally trying to cut-off the EUC rider to purposefully make the rider fall!

I don't know what the laws are like in the Ukraine, but I hope justice is served.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Wow. The video on WrongWay's instagram doesn't show the lead-up to the incident like this YouTube video does. While I don't think the edit was malicious, the Instagram cut makes it look like the EUC rider panicked and fell.

The full video clearly shows the bus driver was in the left lane and purposely changed into the right lane right at the narrowest point where the truck is parked half-way into the right lane. It looks like the bus driver was intentionally trying to cut-off the EUC rider to purposefully make the rider fall!

I don't know what the laws are like in the Ukraine, but I hope justice is served.

To me it looks a lot like he is riding right in the buses blind spot.  I dont blame the bus driver for thinking he left that wierdo on the electric unicycle in the dust.  I would never expect someone going 25+ mph.  Just an unfortunate accident.  The bus was likely trying to get in that lane to make a turn.  Didnt see the rider until it was to late.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikieSWE said:

I was at the only outdoor Velodrome in Sweden and had a blast riding around it. 
I had few cameras with me so I got some shoots. 
What hit me later... Why not make this a sports event for EUC's where its possible?
Fastest lap of 5, Hunter, Dash.. etc

That would be something!!! 

Aren't you getting uncomfortably close to the lean cutoff angle?

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 6:00 PM, RoadRunner said:

Sad news.:(

The video of the incident 

On 9/10/2020 at 6:57 PM, Asphalt said:

On 9/12/2020 at 7:18 PM, Mark Wilson said:

Aren't you getting uncomfortably close to the lean cutoff angle?

Yes I was very close. No beeps tho. I was worried of it all the time. The lean angle should be adjustable, and 2 settings imho. I would put 1 warning at 30-45° with timer 3 seconds as e.g., and cutoff at 5°. As well as ability to disable the lean cutoff completely for occasions like this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikieSWE said:

Yes I was very close. No beeps tho. I was worried of it all the time. The lean angle should be adjustable, and 2 settings imho. I would put 1 warning at 30-45° with timer 3 seconds as e.g., and cutoff at 5°. As well as ability to disable the lean cutoff completely for occasions like this.

Do any wheels have a lean cutoff warning beep? I didn't think they did. And I agree, all EUC's should have adjustable lean angle cutoff. Not having that makes riding berms extremely dangerous.

2 minutes ago, Mark Wilson said:

Do any wheels have a lean cutoff warning beep? I didn't think they did. And I agree, all EUC's should have adjustable lean angle cutoff. Not having that makes riding berms extremely dangerous.

Just lean any wheel below 45° and you experience it (some wheels have lower limit). I dunno if its just me.. but, I never shut off my wheels when I make a short stop, i just lay them on the side, and they are on, but 'tilted'. Works fine on Sherman as well, when charging. (To counter SpeedyFeet's info on possible problems when charging the Sherman)